• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unpleasant body load with 4-HO-MET & shrooms, orgasmic body load with 4-AcO-DMT...?

JBrandon

Bluelighter
Unpleasant body load with 4-HO-MET & shrooms, orgasmic body load with 4-AcO-DMT...?

I realize that there probably isn't anyone who has an answer to this question, but I've noticed what seems like a very bizarre disparity in bodily effects for me between the 4-HO trypts and 4-AcO-DMT.

4-AcO-DMT produces one of the best body buzzes I have ever felt in my life, for me at least. It is superior to any other entactogen / psych I have tried, be it 2C-B, MDMA, DOC, etc. The comeup is like jumping right into an MDMA puddle - I just lay there feeling orgasmic rushes. This pleasant bodily feeling occurs even when I have an anxious trip, or one where I am focused on negativity. It doesn't last the whole time, but at least the first 50% of the experience.

On the other hand, every single time I've tried mushrooms or 4-HO-MET, I become extremely shaky, I feel numb and tingly and cold, the sensations are far more overwhelming and unpleasant than any 2C-x I've tried, and I usually don't make it more than 3 hours without taking a benzo. I feel very jittery, "hollow", and just terrible all around. Once, 20mg of 4-HO-MET produced such a fucking terrible bodily feeling I had to call in the risperidone and enough benzos to knock myself out.

Apart from some kind of bizarre placebo effect, does anyone have some insight here? Anyone else have the same experience? It puzzles me quite a bit. It holds true for me with any dose of the 4-HO-MET from threshold on up, and with mushrooms as well, although obviously I can't quantify the amount of 4-HO-DMT in them or the other trypts that may be present.

4-HO-MET (and the other tryptamines in mushrooms) is not 4-ho-dmt. They are different drugs and it's not unusual that you react differently to the two. Apparently 4-HO-DET is known for being less friendly/useful/powerful compared to 4-HO-DMT, if you believe Shulgin's notes, so having 4-ho-met being less "friendly" than 4-ho-dmt is no suprise to me.

I recognize that 4-HO-MET is not 4-HO-DMT. All I was saying was that I can weigh my 4-HO-MET out to an exact level, with mushrooms I can't quantify or even truly know what is in them. I was just trying to rule out a dosing related effect, as that was the first thing I thought might be at play here.

I also recognize that there is going to be a wide variance in effects between two different drugs, even if they're somewhat structurally similar, but we're not talking about a small difference here. We're talking universes apart. One is a feeling of pure poison in the body, the other is heavenly bliss. It just seems a little idiosyncratic to me and I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

When I tripped on 'shrooms, I didn't notice any sort of change in physical changes or body load. I did have to smoke some weed to jump start the trip, so maybe that had an effect in regards to bodily sensations? If you try 'shrooms again, maybe experiment with some really heady weed as well?

My 4-AcO-DMT trip was very different. Bodily sensations similar to MDMA almost, not to mention the friendly assault on the rest of my senses. It was definitely a better experience (not that the 'shrooms were bad by any stretch of imagination), but it was also during the day while the 'shroom trip was at night (less stimuli).

I could definitely understand someone having as big a difference as you described, though. The two were very different for me, but neither was unpleasant. It seems that just about everyone reacts completely differently from one another in regards to 'shrooms v. 4-AcO-DMT. A lot of people have much better experiences consistently with one, some with the other. I suppose the chemicals are very dependent on the individual's brain and body chemistry. It sounds like your body load with 4-AcO-DMT was like an amplified version of mine, but your 'shroom experience is considerably different.

I'm jealous of the bodyload you get on 4-aco! I usually get pretty nauseous on the come-up, sometimes to the point where it's all I can think about, until it magically vanishes (usually around when I've peaked). Sometimes on a high dose when I'm super euphoric I get a good bodyload, but typically not.

I recently experienced the following with 4-ho-met (from a famous, more or less exclusive vendor):

40mg produced a strong but easily manageable trip.
About 2 hour in I noticed stitches in my left arm, reminding me of electroshocks.
I had also consumed some cannabis with tobacco, which I think played a role as well.
Some of them spreaded down my arm.
Arm felt cold and body a little numb. Walked around my crib in order to support blood flow (did not panic at this point). Then I started feeling pressure on my head, paired with tinnitus and the fear of losing consciousness. I dowmed 1mg of clonazepam and told my
Girlfriend (who downed 30mg and only had slight numb feeling in her arm) to call the ambulance. They arrived, put us on cables and told us our heartbeat and blood pressure was alright. Followed them to the hospital for safetys sake, stayed 20mins in the waiting room, felt fine and left. No residual symptoms besides having fear that it happens again. I think it was some kind of poor oxygen support or something, but I am not shure since I felt fine pretty fast and left the hospital without telling another doctor.

Anyone experienced similar things?

UA

I also consistently get a euphoric body high with 4-Aco-DMT which I have never had from shrooms and which is qualitively different from the effects you'd expect this compound to have

I also consistently get a euphoric body high with 4-Aco-DMT which I have never had from shrooms and which is qualitively different from the effects you'd expect this compound to have

Are you referring to what I said?

Makes sense they all feel different IMO. I like mushies(psilo extraxt as well) and 4-ho-mets bodily load, but 4-aco-dmt was uncomfotable to me. All of the 4-aco's have a strange bodily load parallel to thier 4-ho counterparts in my experience. It makes sense to me and you might enjoy all 4-aco more than the 4-ho's for this reason, I feel the opposite however. I have prefered every 4-ho-tryptamine more than the 4-aco counterpart, to the point where I cannot justify gettimg any if tue others are available. Even the stability issues of the 4-ho's in comparassion has never been an issue for me.