• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Unimagine the imaginable.

Yourbaker

Bluelighter
With the current economic view and world tension growing is the solution staring us in the face? Long ago we imagined a system of currency that we have tweaked and modified from time to time but what if we just let go of it once and for all?

http://www.ted.com/conversations/1890/do_we_need_money_at_all_ca.html

There is a ton of information on the Web, I've just picked one from Ted.

First imagine we decide to not kill each other over the lose of the imaginary money. Second we must be global and we must become border less. Third we need to invert our current political system. For the sake of this thread politicians do the will of the people.

While having this conversation with co-workers there was not a lot of logical or even rational thought but the idea had merit. If we just stopped using money what do you think would happen to society? What could happen? And what do you think we need to change to make it happen?

I think there's already a system based on bartering with work units on hold. To introduce in the currency completely crashes. But I don't know if this would just be a good thing. Sounds a bit scary to me. What about the weak and infirm?

The actual idea is just make it a free system and build a resource based economy that requires a bit more accounting for what we produce and where we send it etc but we have enough food shelter and clothing for the world. Right now we produce this with probably 10% of the work force. A huge sector of our work force is in accounting.

Imagine how many people would be able to find a new job, one they liked instead of working in the financial markets or a credit company or bank. The various revenue agencies would all need new work.

Personally though I like the absence of most crime, without money I'd have to grow my own weed, but at least we'd never have to worry about drug trafficking again.

No, humans are never going to save the day and get along as a collective. Individuals throughout time are great, but the majority of people will be useless and selfish. No more liberal fantasies.