• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Unexpected Intoxication

SerotonergicHaze

Bluelighter
I've always thought the subjective effects of a substance are heavily influenced by the knowledge and anticipation of taking a substance, and as such peoples expectations will influence what they perceive due to the confirmatory bias. Such a phenomena would be resistant to placebo controlled double blind testing, as the person knows they've taken something.

What would a drug be like to someone who does not know they have taken anything? Would a stimulant just feel like being in a good mood? Now, I in no way condone the reckless and disgusting act of lacing or spiking drugs. But does anyone have any experiences of intoxication taking them by surprise? Getting hash oil on fingers and then eating etc..

I'm inclined to agree with you. Other than in cases of really strong dosage, of course. No proof, no personal experience really with accidental doses or unknowingly being dosed, but I believe a substance is going to have less of an effect if you aren't expecting it or know what to expect.

OTOH, I've often taken a long lasting opioid or opiate and forgotten I was high after six to eight hours or so. Like the morning after a day with pod tea, or the evening after a long day on kratom. I'll be all "man, I'm in a great mood today!" and then 15 seconds later I'll remember that it's because I'm still high and get disappointed that I wasn't feeling that way naturally.

Yeah that happens to me when I take an extra Concerta or two, I'll often forget, and think, hmm, calculus seems unusually fun at the moment, what's going on here?! Oh right...

I'm sure anyone who has worked with liquid LSD can tell you.... it's pretty cool :D

The first time I did MXE I railed 100mg without really knowing what it would be like... I feel like a lot of people probably had the same experience.
I'd only read up on it enough to hear that it was "like ketamine" and "pretty cool"...

Yeah this is an interesting topic, i think they did some of this during the MKULTRA tests. I cant remember exactly but in a psych class we watched a doc. about it. They spiked this guys food or drink with lsd, he thought he was going crazy, jumped out the window and died.

The US gov probably is experimenting with us right now, they dont give a fuck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

The first time I did MXE I railed 100mg without really knowing what it would be like... I feel like a lot of people probably had the same experience.
I'd only read up on it enough to hear that it was "like ketamine" and "pretty cool"...

The same thing happened with me and MXE. I took a bit more than I should have and was dissociated almost to the point of ego-death... but it was pretty cool after the first time.

Yeah I learned to like it too, but the initial shock of it was a lot to handle. I think I came out of it for the better though

When I was in highschool I was sold some weed which I'm almost certain was laced with PCP (though I've never done PCP itself as I'm not into dissasociatives). The end result was that I totally freaked out and entered a very dark depression that lasted for several months (though of course the buzz wore off that same day).

I've always thought the subjective effects of a substance are heavily influenced by the knowledge and anticipation of taking a substance, and as such peoples expectations will influence what they perceive due to the confirmatory bias. Such a phenomena would be resistant to placebo controlled double blind testing, as the person knows they've taken something.

What would a drug be like to someone who does not know they have taken anything? Would a stimulant just feel like being in a good mood? Now, I in no way condone the reckless and disgusting act of lacing or spiking drugs. But does anyone have any experiences of intoxication taking them by surprise? Getting hash oil on fingers and then eating etc..

I've taken a hit of cocaine freebase from a pipe that was apparently nicely coated in DMT - was not expecting it at all, fucking threw me on my ass. Awesome nevertheless. :D

the first time I tripped on LSD I was drunk and coked out at my friends birthday party. I was talking to a guy I had known for a couple weeks and he told me he was tripping. He told me he ate 4 or 5 tabs but he looked pretty normal so I didn't really believe him. He offered me half a tab of unperfed WoW and at first I was stoked but then realized he was probably just fucking with me. I didn't know much about acid at the time and I had always thought tabs had designs on them and he probably just ripped a piece of paper and gave it to me. Anyways about 45 minutes later I had pretty much forgotten about it cuz I was drink and I remember being in the basement and looking at this trippy tapestry and realizing it wasn't an optical illusion; it really was breathing and "dancing" around and then realizing I was tripping for the first time in my life.

I was inadvertently slipped some roofies, and I just hit the floor. I had been out at the bar and since I was under 21 I couldn't drink, but it was more of a club so it was 18+. Well I ran into a girl I knew, and a guy gave her a drink, then I went outside with her and downed most of the drink. I remember talking to her, then making out, the hitting the floor in the bathroom. No way I wasn't drugged, because even if the drink had been straight vodka my tolerance to booze was high enough that I could easily handle it.

I was inadvertently slipped some roofies, and I just hit the floor. I had been out at the bar and since I was under 21 I couldn't drink, but it was more of a club so it was 18+. Well I ran into a girl I knew, and a guy gave her a drink, then I went outside with her and downed most of the drink. I remember talking to her, then making out, the hitting the floor in the bathroom. No way I wasn't drugged, because even if the drink had been straight vodka my tolerance to booze was high enough that I could easily handle it.

Did you try to make yourself barf and all it did was make it worse? That's happened to me before. "Oh dear, I'm drunk, I should barf and I'll feel a thousand percent better...." Nope. Not a chance.

Did you try to make yourself barf and all it did was make it worse? That's happened to me before. "Oh dear, I'm drunk, I should barf and I'll feel a thousand percent better...." Nope. Not a chance.

After I made out with her the guy that had bought her the drink started yelling at her, so I guess I wanted to remove myself from the situation by going to the bathroom, and that's when I hit the ground. My friends were telling me that they kept asking me what I took, since they could tell I was more than just drunk, and I just told them I had one drink. Weird shit. I didn't try to puke though, or at least I don't think I did.