• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Everytime I see this thread I read the title and think "who the hell would IV Poppy seed tea". Then I realize it's the forth iteration of the thread.

A few people in NPD have tried separating some decent quantities of alkaloids out of PPT sometimes with a little PST thrown in. The Robertson& Gregory is unreliable and a ton of work, The Merck method was also labor intensive but the Thimbouery & Moore process appears to be the easiest just not always the highest yielding, as high pH oxidating and lime end up getting some of the Morph. Andre Barbier ended up with a good recipe that used some of the others starting processes with great yield. But a quick read shows it not as simple as it seems. But IV'ing the straight or condensed Tea is guaranteeing some ischemia.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/bulletin/bulletin_1950-01-01_3_page004.html

Beware the high thebaine content seeds that are becoming more prevalent as well.

thebaine's bad right? Is there a way of knowing which contain high thebaine?

I've tried a few brands now. An unwashed brand looks promising sold in the UK - it makes a very bitter tea. I also bought from a bulk supplier and the seeds came full of particulates including large bits of leaf and stem, so it looked really promising, but when I made the tea.....no bitterness at all and it had no effect!

I wonder if opting for brands whose seeds are for horticultural (planting) purposes are preferable to seeds for culinary (eating) purposes? As the eating seeds are so often washed

No sourcii, even if I triggered it. I like setting people up.

Last edited by a moderator:
thebaine's bad right?

Thebaine is a convulsant, bad stuff. Here's a thread on it from NPD that has some graphs of how much was in Afghan poppies a decade ago and what is considered to be acceptable amounts. (unless you can obtain just the (+)(-)enantiomer)

I really don't think anyone is going to test the alkaloid content of decorative poppies.

Thebaine & Convulsions, is it right for you?

We are allowed to name the poppy seeds brands (as they are legal), just not the vendors. Isn't that right?

Well, that's gonna depend on context, sorry. You should be able to say, "Red Mill and King Arthur, plus the one that's too good for paper bags, are each brands of flour products in the US."

But, "Only one of them produces flour contaminated with ergot used to produce LSD" is kind of stretching it.

Because then you ask "which one makes drugs?" You get yelled at.

EDit: I mean sorry, forever changes, in that it's not more cut and dry, and that you got set up.

Oh, one more edit: forever changes, I see that you're likely a member of our vicious rival across the railroad tracks, known to have initials that are the same as "drug forum." Dot com.

We don't bother with the byzantine system of vendor vs. brand vs. ad vs. sourcing v. supplier when it's wholesaling or retail or a review depending on the forum.

So, no ads, brands v. vendors its' all the same: leave it out when you can, no gray/black market vendors that's for sure.

Last edited:
There have been a lot of people doubting the legitimacy of poppy seed tea in this thread, especially generic seeds from the bulk bin at the grocery store. It always worked for me but none-the-less I started to doubt myself. Maybe it only worked because my tolerance was so low back then or maybe things have changed in the past few years, and the seeds are more thoroughly washed now.

So I was sitting here at my desk in withdrawals... but so disgusted with kratom I did not want to take any more. I decided to give PST another try! Went to the grocery store, picked up about 900 grams, and a 2L of coke (for the bottle). Poured the seeds in the bottle, added a couple tabelspoons of vinegar, filled with hot water and shook vigorously for 15 minutes. I didn't even finish drinking my tea when it kicked in. WOW. Poppy seed tea definitely still works. What a lovely feeling. And for less than the price of a pack of cigarettes. These aren't some special expensive organic seeds either. These are run of the mill common poppy seeds from the supermarket. I don't get why it doesn't work for other people.

EDIT: I AM SO ITCHY

Last edited:
Oh PST definitely works, some of us just have a hard time finding seeds with enough opium latex residue present. At least where I live it isn’t super common to find cheap viably latexed seeds outside random mom and pop shops :(

Lol DPH is your friend Pickled :)

There have been a lot of people doubting the legitimacy of poppy seed tea in this thread, especially generic seeds from the bulk bin at the grocery store. It always worked for me but none-the-less I started to doubt myself. Maybe it only worked because my tolerance was so low back then or maybe things have changed in the past few years, and the seeds are more thoroughly washed now.

So I was sitting here at my desk in withdrawals... but so disgusted with kratom I did not want to take any more. I decided to give PST another try! Went to the grocery store, picked up about 900 grams, and a 2L of coke (for the bottle). Poured the seeds in the bottle, added a couple tabelspoons of vinegar, filled with hot water and shook vigorously for 15 minutes. I didn't even finish drinking my tea when it kicked in. WOW. Poppy seed tea definitely still works. What a lovely feeling. And for less than the price of a pack of cigarettes. These aren't some special expensive organic seeds either. These are run of the mill common poppy seeds from the supermarket. I don't get why it doesn't work for other people.

EDIT: I AM SO ITCHY

it all depends on the seeds. Is your grocery store an ethnic Asian one? None of the stores in my area sell anything other than small pre-packaged packets of washed seeds. Even the bulk ones I acquired from the internet didn't have an effect for me

hope the itching subsides!

My first attempt at Poppy Pod tea

I've read several preparation methods but I'm starting off just using Erowid's simple method:
https://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_info2.shtml

I de-seeded and crushed up four gaint pods which in total weighed 18 grams. I didn't crush them into a fine powder, but into bits of varying size. Put the bits in a saucepan of water and brought to the boil briefly. Then turned off the heat and let it cool down for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.

Is 15 minutes a decent time?

I poured the solution through a sieve into a glass. It was a muddy brown liquid. Added some honey to sweeten

I didn't down it, but drank it over a couple of hours. I think I felt something. A pleasant feeling that reminded me of kratom. Not exactly euphoric but nice. Definitely more successful than my attempts with the seeds

I also experienced some noticable head-grogginess/a hangover the next day so perhaps 18 grams was too much to start out with.

it all depends on the seeds. Is your grocery store an ethnic Asian one? None of the stores in my area sell anything other than small pre-packaged packets of washed seeds. Even the bulk ones I acquired from the internet didn't have an effect for me

hope the itching subsides!

No dude.. they're from the biggest food retailer in canada... I could not pick a more mainsteam place to get my seeds. I guess it depends on a lot on location.

Last edited:
My first attempt at Poppy Pod tea

I've read several preparation methods but I'm starting off just using Erowid's simple method:
https://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_info2.shtml

I de-seeded and crushed up four gaint pods which in total weighed 18 grams. I didn't crush them into a fine powder, but into bits of varying size. Put the bits in a saucepan of water and brought to the boil briefly. Then turned off the heat and let it cool down for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.

Is 15 minutes a decent time?

I poured the solution through a sieve into a glass. It was a muddy brown liquid. Added some honey to sweeten

I didn't down it, but drank it over a couple of hours. I think I felt something. A pleasant feeling that reminded me of kratom. Not exactly euphoric but nice. Definitely more successful than my attempts with the seeds

I also experienced some noticable head-grogginess/a hangover the next day so perhaps 18 grams was too much to start out with.

The drugs in PST basically comes from latex that makes its way from the pod to the seeds inside. If you have pods, why not just make PPT? So much more effective than PST

15 minutes is more than enough time, just shake it up with room temp water should work fine.

The drugs in PST basically comes from latex that makes its way from the pod to the seeds inside. If you have pods, why not just make PPT? So much more effective than PST

15 minutes is more than enough time, just shake it up with room temp water should work fine.

that's what I did. It was Poppy Pod Tea (I hope!)

Last edited:
Has this happened to anyone else? Bone inflammation and PST

Hi everyone. I've lurked afar on forums like these for a while now but have only just joined. I'm desperate for some answers.
I started to use poppy tea over three years ago. The first six months was fun. The last two years it's been daily (sometimes several times a day).
I first went to the Dr for help after 12 months use. A strange stretch mark appeared above my liver. The scans were OK but it was a bit fatty (non alcoholic fatty liver disease runs in my family). In addition to that I had painful leg bones (not in a joint but the bone in the front of the leg was very painful to the touch). I managed to get off of it (PST) with Drs help. The mark above my liver went and the leg bone pain went to.
I ended up relapsing after a few months. I have bone pain again but it's in my ribs and back. It's extremely full on pain. They did a nuclear scan on my heart and it was OK. Until they decided it was skeletal I had a ton of ecgs done and testing for heart attacks and nothing scary showed up. They've concluded it's cartlige inflammation.
I honestly think if the tea isn't causing it it's made it a lot worse. I attempted an unassisted two day detox but was driven back to use by some stabbing stomach pain. The pain in my stomach was intense but I think with a bit more will power and someone to talk through the fear of pain with it would have passed. I was alone though, frightened and knew a quick way for it to go. Anyway as bad as the stomach pain was the rib pain improved massively. I'm back to sore ribs now along with all the other rubbish that using this tea for such a long time causes.
I've told Drs I think it's causing the pain but none have believed me. I've been injected with morphine in the ER after offering my theory on the pain. They added that to the PST already in my system so I was pretty out of it.
I've linked up with local AODS service to help me coordinate an outpatient withdrawal and get pain adequately managed if my theory of PST causing my physical grief is wrong. I really want to start now but I know without proper withdrawal management and support during and afterwards I'll just relapse.

I guess I'm writing to ask if anyone has ever experienced anything like this cartlige and bone pain/ inflammation I'm going through from PST or any other opiate or is this pain just an unfortunate fact of life that's appeared (I'm middle age) ?
The AODS worker told me it won't be until early next week to be able to see the Dr to get some supplies to manage withdrawal and continue to use enough tea to make myself comfortable.
I'm kind of freaking out about that advice. I think my body has said enough is enough and I'm worried that using again will just tip my body over the edge. I guess I'm worried about it killing me (it hasn't so far but damn I'm ill and it's wrecked my life).
I'm not too concerned about withdrawal pain and discomfort now that I've organised some support. As bad as the pain and spasms can get talking it over is reassuring and makes it a bit more bearable. Medications to help me withdraw will be a bit limited because I can't have NSAID.
Anyway please let me know if I've posted in the wrong place and need to move it somewhere else. It's a big place and I'm pretty confused at the moment.

Thank you.

I think its unlikely that the PST is the cause of your symptoms. Opiates are physically harmless with a few exceptions (Complications to constipation & Risk of OD). I guess its possibly that you could be having a bad reaction to a pesticide or something that is sprayed on the seed? But most likely its happenstance.

For those of you who get stimulating effects off opiate pills, have you been able to tweak the pst experience to get a similar effect? PST kind of pisses me off with the lack of energy. Not to mention I feel it as a body buzz and don't get the mental lift of pills. I hate uppers and have general anxiety so pls don't recommend doing a line of coke or anything lol. I'm trying to keep it tame :)

For those of you who get stimulating effects off opiate pills, have you been able to tweak the pst experience to get a similar effect? PST kind of pisses me off with the lack of energy. Not to mention I feel it as a body buzz and don't get the mental lift of pills. I hate uppers and have general anxiety so pls don't recommend doing a line of coke or anything lol. I'm trying to keep it tame :)

Although it does involve mixing with a stimulant of sorts, what eventually became my favorite was making a tincture of Opium, hash, and ephedra that were exquisite! I was inspired by the ?soma?, the vedic brew of the gods, which is still something of a mystery but evidence suggests it was a mix of cannabis, opium, and ephedra.
You could absolutely sub the opium out for PST and just brew them seperately and mix after, or drink seperately. It takes a bit of experimenting to get the ratio right, i find that dosing high on the opium and then using as little eph/hash as nessecary works for me, so start low with those and work your way up until you find the sweet spot. but once the ratio is set you?re in for a pretty great time! And its not a jittery or anxious high if you dose low enough with the hash and ephedra!
ANother way i have found to reduce the heaviness or body load and up the stimulating euphoric aspectswas to brew the tea with very warm water, it ends up killing a lot of the codeine, which IME is a lot more body high than euphoria. Codeine has less heat stability than morphine I believe, and I noticed when I started brewing my seeds or pods with Warm water, the effect became a lot cleaner and euphoric, although a little less potent in the sense that it didnt wreck you physically, but the high was much more balanced.