• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

ULDN - The magic weapon to reduce and keep tolerance to Opioids low

Hexenstahl

Bluelighter
Ok so I tried everything: Memantine, DXM, Ketamine and just about any NMDA Antagonist to keep my tolerance to Opioids low but none of it worked in a satisfying and reliable way. A while ago I stumbled upon a couple very interesting scientific papers discussing the use of ultra low dose naltrexone and how it reduces tolerance to Opioids. This discovery was accidental though, because the researchers were originally looking for a way to potentiate the analgesic effects of Opioids but found out that ULDN also obliterates tolerance up to 70%!
The effective dosage seems to vary wildly in humans, ranging anywhere from 5μg to 100μg depending on your body weight, sex, metabolism, genetics and other factors. This is why you have to experiment a bit until you find out your right dose, but don't take more than 100μg, otherwise you might go into precipitated wd!!

I will describe here how you can make ULDN and take it in a way that is safe and easy to dose. I tried this out myself and I confirm that it works. I take it every evening since then, half an hour before doing Heroin and I went from 200mg (intranasal) to 70mg! PLEASE BE CAREFUL AFTER TAKING ULDN AND DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE YOUR NORMAL OPIOID DOSE AS IT MIGHT LEAD TO A LETHAL OVERDOSE!!!
All right, now that I have warned you, let me show you how it's done: first you need to get your hands on a 50mg Naltrexone pill (don't buy generica from the DN, they're often fake pills sold by indian scammers). As it is not a controlled substance, it is fairly easy to get a script for it depending on where you live. Simply tell your doctor that you would like to try Naltrexone in order to get your alcohol cravings under control (many alcoholics get NTX prescribed, so alternatively you could ask them to give/sell you one pill in case the doctors in your area are a bunch of uneducated dumbfucks). Next thing you need is a 2L bottle (avoid plastic bottles for this purpose because you'll be using this Naltrexone solution for many years to come and you don't wanna ingest microplastic!). Let's do some math:

2L = 2000ml
50mg = 50,000μg
50,000μg / 2000ml = 25μg per 1ml
1ml = 20 drops
25μg / 20 drops = 1.25μg per drop

Now fill your bottle with water and add your Naltrexone pill. You don't need to pulverize it as it is easily water-soluble. Now shake the ship out of the bottle until the pill has dissolved. It takes around a minute or so. Now go and buy yourself a dropper. Upon returning, shake your bottle once more and suck up your mix in the dropper. As we have computed, each drop is 1.25μg. Start with 5μg, wait 30 minutes and then take a newbie dose of your Opioid of choice. If you feel it hasn't worked, wait a minimum of 10h until you redose!
This isn't your usual NMDA bullshit drug where you talk yourself into believing that your tolerance has been lowered. This actually works and has been scientifically proven, so be careful!!

EDIT (31.01.2024):
I have bought a couple NTX blisters from various indian vendors via the darknet since I created this thread and it appears that the number of scammers has drastically decreased since then as all of my orders have arrived (even though one order took like 2 months until it was in my PO box), so disregard what I have said earlier about not buying online. Avoid the clearnet though. It's full of fake online pharmacies, especially those that only offer credit card and crypto purchases. Simply choose one of the big marketplaces on the DN and buy from the most reputable vendor. And please be patient. Stuff from India can take AGES until it arrives.

Last edited:
Great post, it describes the reasoning and how-to very succinctly. :)

I have been curious about naltrexone, but not for this specifically. I've heard it is really good for helping to repair your opioid system post-addiction. I'm coming off opiates (AGAIN) right now and am almost done with my suboxone taper. I have heard it makes the recovery easier, and also there is the added benefit of not being able to get high if your willpower breaks. Although I think ultra low dose probably wouldn't have a blocking effect.

Great info

Also I love these podcasts.....Huberman Lab

He is a dr of neuroscience and explains everything about dopamine so well. Once you completely understand how all this circuitry in the brain really works its so helpful with understanding our addictions.

I've heard it is really good for helping to repair your opioid system post-addiction.
LDN yes, but not ULDN. If you want your opioid receptors to recover quicker you have to take LDN dosages. It's actually beneficial for a ton of things. It boosts your immune system, balances your hormone levels and helps against Crohn's disease, etc.
Someone who's not on opioids anymore can certainly benefit a lot from LDN.

I take LDN at 3mg per night around bedtime and it helps my immune system, daily energy, and other health markers tremendously. I highly recommend it.

During my periods of severe life threatening illness, I was on high dose opiates. I feel that my physiology would never have recovered from opiate use without LDN. I can't recommend it enough. Good luck getting a doctor to do it for you though. Most MDs are idiots. The first one I asked told me that it's not good to do opiates regularly -- she thought that naltrexone is an opiate, that's how stupid she was.

Eventually I found an MD that would do it though. They're generally not big on alternative methods that actually work.

Great post, it describes the reasoning and how-to very succinctly. :)

I have been curious about naltrexone, but not for this specifically. I've heard it is really good for helping to repair your opioid system post-addiction. I'm coming off opiates (AGAIN) right now and am almost done with my suboxone taper. I have heard it makes the recovery easier, and also there is the added benefit of not being able to get high if your willpower breaks. Although I think ultra low dose probably wouldn't have a blocking effect.
Naltrexone has been shown to have some efficacy in treating alcoholism as well. Difference being it's been able to reduce cravings and total intake pretty signifacantly in some. I got to look at some research around that recently at one of my gigs working on a committee for AUD in alcohol withdrawal treatment guidelines and continuing care.

Meth as well, in combination with bupropion. Last year a study demonstrated a success rate in achieving (I think) 3/4 clean tests minimum per month over some span of time I can't remember. 16% over 4% in the naltrexone/bupropion group over the other (nothing). Sounds low, but 4x the success rate is no joke.

Naltrexone is pretty interesting. I'm going to have to read more into it some time.

Doesn't ULDN besides tolerance reduction also mask at least a part of the pleasurable effects? I wanted to try but never came to, it's Rx only here (when most meds are w/o, kinda weird, I guess because of the structural similarity with opiates.) but quit my morphine habit with the aid of memantine - this is so underrated, I could quit 600mg/d morphine without any withdrawal by taking megadoses (60-100mg) of memantine but I have acquired a heavy tolerance to NMDA antagonists so try low doses first. But it's really safe, they gave 60mg/d in one paper.

No it doesn't. Why should it mask a part of the high?
Cause it binds to and antagonizes/reverse-agonizes a fraction of the mu receptor, that's how it works - I read that mu actually has two parts, one excitatory and one inhibitory, and naltrexone preferably binds to the excitatory part which somehow is to blame for a good part of tolerance.

Cause it binds to and antagonizes/reverse-agonizes a fraction of the mu receptor, that's how it works - I read that mu actually has two parts, one excitatory and one inhibitory, and naltrexone preferably binds to the excitatory part which somehow is to blame for a good part of tolerance.
Sure, I know that, but we're talking about ultra low dose naltrexone. If you dose anywhere between 1μg and 100μg, your opioid receptors are antagonized just enough to reduce tolerance, but not so much that it decreases the high.

i had read about this method long ago.but i doubted that it actually works.
does the tolerance reduction of this method gets weaker over time?
the main problem i see about this method is what you mentioned at the first post(If you feel it hasn't worked, wait a minimum of 10h until you redose)
you cant use this method whenever you want.it has high overdose risk.
its a little strange to me because my doctor long time ago prescribed naltrexone to me to save me from overdosing if i mistakenly got too much opioid.
maybe it has inverse effect when it is used with low dosage.
i wonder if the antagonizing effect of naltrexone changes the feeling and pleasure of opioids?

i had read about this method long ago.but i doubted that it actually works.
Both personal experience as well as numerous studies prove beyond doubt that naltrexone has a reverse-tolerance effect as well as increasing the analgesia of opioids.

does the tolerance reduction of this method gets weaker over time?
You obviously have to eventually increase your Naltrexone dose because using it often will create a tolerance to Naltrexone, just like any medication.

you cant use this method whenever you want.
I never said "whenever you want".

its a little strange to me because my doctor long time ago prescribed naltrexone to me to save me from overdosing if i mistakenly got too much opioid.
If you OD from opioids you cannot self-administer anything. You're knocked out instant. Also, administering naltrexone for ODs doesn't make much sense as it is too slow acting, especially when it's a pill. You probably mean Naloxone. They give people Naloxone as an injection in case they overdose, but naltrexone is used for treating alcohol and opioid addiction as it eliminates craving. As an off-label medication it is used for its immuno-enhancing effects, reducing tolerance and increasing opioid analgesia.

i wonder if the antagonizing effect of naltrexone changes the feeling and pleasure of opioids?
Not when you take ULDN doses. It antagonizes the receptors but not so much that it kills off the euphoria. There are numerous reports on the internet where people confirm this. It works reliably and safely.

I never said "whenever you want".
i was confirming what you said.
If you OD from opioids you cannot self-administer anything. You're knocked out instant. Also, administering naltrexone for ODs doesn't make much sense as it is too slow acting, especially when it's a pill. You probably mean Naloxone. They give people Naloxone as an injection in case they overdose, but naltrexone is used for treating alcohol and opioid addiction as it eliminates craving. As an off-label medication it is used for its immuno-enhancing effects, reducing tolerance and increasing opioid analgesia.
no it was naltrexone.and i didn't take it cause it was expensive here.i am not sure if this way works.
but the idea behind it was when ever i took too much opioid pill i should instantly take naltrexone pill.because i use opioid orally it is possible to use naltrexone to prevent overdosing if you use it early.and i have a history of having such problem of forgetting how much i took and then i take another pill then i remember oh i am gonna overdose now.so he prescribed it to help me.

no it was naltrexone.and i didn't take it cause it was expensive here.i am not sure if this way works.
but the idea behind it was when ever i took too much opioid pill i should instantly take naltrexone pill.because i use opioid orally it is possible to use naltrexone to prevent overdosing if you use it early.and i have a history of having such problem of forgetting how much i took and then i take another pill then i remember oh i am gonna overdose now.so he prescribed it to help me.
How much mg per pill did the doctor prescribe you?

How much mg per pill did the doctor prescribe you?
i don't remember it was around 2 years ago.

someone on reddit has a concern about ULDN. he says:
" anything above 20-100ug (depending on dependence) can send you into terrible withdrawls… I’d recommend not even going above 10ug because for me it had diminishing returns past 5ug anyways."(reference)

what do you think about it?

and then i take another pill then i remember oh i am gonna overdose now.so he prescribed it to help me.
But that is not how overdosing works and the doctor should have known that. You only know that you od'd AFTER the fact. There is no "oh wait a sec, I think I can feel that od coming. Better take some naltrexone to prevent me from dying". We wouldn't have any people dying from opioids if it was like that. So either your doctor was an incompetent idiot, or you have misunderstood something. I overdosed multiple times and if my sister hadn't been around, I would be dead now. One moment you're fully conscious and the next moment you're instantly knocked out.

someone on reddit has a concern about ULDN. he says:
" anything above 20-100ug (depending on dependence) can send you into terrible withdrawls… I’d recommend not even going above 10ug because for me it had diminishing returns past 5ug anyways."(reference)
This is why I said in my opening post that you have to experiment with the dose a bit to find out the right one, as everyone's metabolism, sex, weight and individual genetics is different. Some people are fine with 5µg, but I had to take 30µg to experience any tolerance reduction. You should only take more than 100µg if you have developed a tolerance to Naltrexone. Some people, like the reddit user you quoted, recommend not going above 10µg but that is due to his individual biological factors. He is projecting that to everybody without taking into account our differences in metabolism, genetics, weight, etc. Just start as low as possible and slowly work your way up. Take 1.25µ if you are that concerned and gradually increase from there as soon as the naltrexone has left your system.

But that is not how overdosing works and the doctor should have known that. You only know that you od'd AFTER the fact. There is no "oh wait a sec, I think I can feel that od coming. Better take some naltrexone to prevent me from dying". We wouldn't have any people dying from opioids if it was like that. So either your doctor was an incompetent idiot, or you have misunderstood something. I overdosed multiple times and if my sister hadn't been around, I would be dead now. One moment you're fully conscious and the next moment you're instantly knocked out.
i think you are talking about injecting ,but i was talking about eating pills.
when you know where is your tolerance and what is your dangerous dose(can be found by experience) then you know that you will overdose if you get more than dangerous dose and you may prevent overdose by doing something.because normally you have an hour left till the effects get started.
personally i think i survived getting od by drinking too much coffee(got rapid heart rate by that during nodding out) and drinking active charcoal couple times.
although at very high doses these methods i mentioned is a joke.only thing that could possibly help us in that situation is naloxone as you said which can't be used by ourselves.

Last edited: