• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Wanted: Students to take cocaine - University asks for volunteers to take drugs

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Independent

Friday 22 February 2013
Rob Williams

With reader comments
The email specifies that potential participants must be: 'Fit and well, have no past medical history and not be users of recreational drugs'.

A prestigious London university has asked for volunteers to take part in an experiment where they will be required to take cocaine. An email sent by a professor at King's College London asks for 'healthy male volunteers, 25 – 40 years of age, to take part in a clinical study involving nasal administration of cocaine.' The email, which was sent on Thursday afternoon to hundreds of postgraduate and undergraduate students at the university, is in seven sections, each titled with a question. Under the section, 'What will happen?', the email states: 'After cocaine administration, repeated biological samples (blood, urine, hair, sweat, oral fluid) will be taken to compare and investigate how cocaine and its metabolites are spread through the human body.'

More...
http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...lunteers-to-take-drugs-for-study-8506701.html

I dont think many non-drug users would take a line of cocaine, if they were open to that line, then they'd probably already be snorting.

lol, once I saw that it was in the UK, my heart dropped. That's an ocean away :(. Then once I read that they want people "Fit and well, have no past medical history and not be users of recreational drugs" my heart sank further. But still, I hope theirs some sober people out there that are willing to participate for science. And just think of the purity of cocaine they will be getting! GOD DAMN!

Hahahah this is my university. I got the e-mail a few days ago, got super excited until I saw it was male participants only. Plus no recreational drug users. This is why I love King's :D

I'm kind of surprised they are allowed to do stuff like this and that mdma one that was on tv a while back. I wish Australia would do more of this kind of thing (I don't think we have anyway).

It's just kinda sad it's gonna be wasted on people who won't really enjoy it tbh.

Why wouldn't they enjoy it? Because they haven't had it before? Or the setting? Or the amount? Could it also be that they may enjoy it and then start using it after this? They would (or should) have no immunity or tolerance so they might get some pretty strong sensations if it's some decent coke wouldn't they? They couple of times I have had coke it's been really average and way too expensive, but once I was shouted 2 lines that had me really high for a little while. Certainly not something I'd ever buy again, not here in Aus anyway.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt dude, I'm butthurt because it's my uni and I don't fit the criteria. My point was that since it's no recreational drug users, this is clearly gonna be people who've never wanted to try cocaine enough to look for it themselves. And will thus probably enjoy it less than people who have.

What an awesome thing to do WITH drug users. What a stupid thing to do to sober people. I would love a line of pure coke, maybe even cook some of it, but some whose never done anything? What if they suddenly like coke and go to far? I'm assuming there's a very large disclaimer lol.

Yeah, they've probably got half a novel to sign first...

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt dude, I'm butthurt because it's my uni and I don't fit the criteria.

hahah :)

I agree your uni would wont to have a very good disclaimer.

Wow wish this was in the US. I'm one of those people who has never tried coke but is open to it.

Well, dosing would be a huge issue if they accepted drug users. Tolerance alone...

Not to mention all the "Oh fuck *cough* that uhm, all went in the back of my throat, I need another"

Getting paid to take pharmaceutical grade cocaine, imagine that

If i was accepted the irony of being paid instead of me paying would almost be better than the cocaine itself :)

This would be like someone paying me to fuck a supermodel to see how fast i came.