• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK Specifically] What are the Laws for Self-Defense if Someone Breaks into your Home??

I know that lol. All I said is that the guns that are often seized have been "linked" to several shootings. There was a case where I was living and some wannabe big shot was caught with a gun that had been linked to 20 shootings or something. All I was saying is that you're not gonna get a "clean" gun if you go to some hoodlum, even though that is most likely the easiest way to get one, in my experience at least.

As for LDN, I was there in the mid-2000s up to the mid 2010s, back and forth between the city and other places. Gentrification is the biggest change for the rough areas I think The worst places in the southeast and the east where the street gangs were always shooting each other in the early-to-mid 2000s are gentrified as fuck now, like Pecknarm, Brixton, Deptford and other parts of Lewisham and much of Hackney and most of the bad boys have been moved out to the overspill shitholes in the surrounding areas because of the gentrification (it was cheap to get a rent for some art graduate in Peckham and so they move there and set up shop, i.e. some trendy cafe and then the rent becomes too high for the people who were living there previously, mostly black people I might add). Parts of Kent and Essex are where these overspill estates exist. But I only properly know southeast London and bits of East London, up to North (places which are considered north but are still Hackney basically).

Even still, kids are stabbing each other everywhere now over nothing. Suburban kids who put on the whole roadman act and carry blades around, stabbing each other over nothing. There was that big mess in Bath of all places. But I'd say that parts of Brum now are more like what places like Peckham used to be like in terms of the chaotic nature of the violence. And some places stay the same, thinking of other cities notorious for guns and all that. Birmingham has always had this problem of course and it is passed down the generations but the places where that kind of violence is mostly located haven't been touched by gentrification in the same way that the traditionally violent parts of London have been.

EDIT: @Arnold

I found the specific gun I was talking about, "Britain's most used gun" even though that claim may be hyperbole, but I remember when this lot were taken down as I was living nearby. The Beretta had been linked to 19 shootings across England and Scotland, here is a quote from the article:

“Thanks to the sterling work of the National Ballistsics Intelligence Service, which was able to identify the Beretta and the Uzi submachine gun..."

So I don't know what your disagreement with me was or is. The point is that guns on the street get sold on and moved around the country and end up in the hands of low-level OCGs like this lot in the article. What struck me was that it took a couple of Google searches to even find this case and I was expecting to see it in the Echo but there are reports of shootings going on right up until recently in Liverpool at least and so if you search "shooting gun linked to many shootings" or whatever, you have to be more specific because there are so many and they haven't stopped.

My theory was that it was largely due to the Encrochat busts that more violence started to occur as people tried to fill voids left by bigger fish that were caught. As that was all happening, there was a surge in shootings but by the time that poor wee girl Olivia was shot by that idiot Thomas Cashman, I didn't want to be in that city any more. People still remember it happening to Rhys Jones and these dickheads never learn. I floated this idea to a cop that I unfortunately know through my ex's friends and he tried to say it was due to the Albanians and all that but he doesn't work in Liverpool and even though the Balkan groups are there, Scousers pretty much run that city (even though I heard that some of the emerging big shots became bigger by working with the Irish (Kinahan) gangsters which pissed off a lot of the older types as Scousers were famed for running things themselves.

But it seems to be out of control, there are kids stabbing each other all over the place in suburban areas and daft towns and cities where this was not a problem traditionally and then you have the chaos within organised crime at low-to-mid levels due to competition and people trying to step up. What was going on in Liverpool reminded me a bit of what happened in Salford when people finally decided to take out Paul Massey and a stupid tit-for-tat was already underplay, with tracking devices and all that. But those were big shoes to fill - I knew people who wouldn't even say his name when talking about "him".

Then good auld Glesga of course and the chaos there which I don't even want to go into. It is tiresome frankly to even think about it.

BTW I saw you talking about making guns. What about those "slam guns" which can fire shotgun shells? And have you seen much about the 3D printed guns that have been made? Other parts still need to be imported but much of the actual guns can be made using 3D printers. Quite a few arrests have been made. Surely just one gadgie with a 3D printer could make the parts that he is able to make and then order in the parts that have to be ordered in?
The point I was making if you work that gun over, polish bits recrown etc...that gun can't be linked to anything at all.
Idiots don't do that so the ballistics expert can link that gun without any problems to all the shootings.
If you get a dirty gun you can make it a clean gun, it ain't hard.

I'm glad that I'm out of London. Never ever going to live back there.
In my days you didn't have moped muggings mobile phone thefts, smart phones weren't even about then.
You could use your 3310 as a weapon or other mobile phone as a brick.
Social media was mainly responsible for the London riots.

Nopes don't keep myself busy with slam guns or 3D printed guns.
There is a reason traditional weapons are made out of steel and iron and even they can sometimes blow up.
You're risking your fingers or hand with the slam and 3D printed guns.

The latest 3D printed guns seem to hold up to pressure but it's just a matter of time before they blow up.
There are only a few bits out of metal.

The point I was making if you work that gun over, polish bits recrown etc...that gun can't be linked to anything at all.
Idiots don't do that so the ballistics expert can link that gun without any problems to all the shootings.

In my days you didn't have moped muggings mobile phone thefts, smart phones weren't even about then.

There is a reason traditional weapons are made out of steel and iron and even they can sometimes blow up.

The latest 3D printed guns seem to hold up to pressure but it's just a matter of time before they blow up.

Findame

Fundamentally we are in agreement. I was talking about idiots and if you read that case, you'll see that these weren't the types of people that would bother fixing up a gun or even attempting to properly get rid of it. And the "proper" people who use guns would get rid of them in a high profile hit. The price agreed upon for Massey who was the big man in Salford was 50grand and the main "hitter" was caught pretty quickly. Not sure if they found the guns but you'd think at that level, the guns would be disposed of.

But if we are talking about a low level OCG (which I was) who have been able to get their hands on a Beretta handgun, some Skorpions and an Uzi in the case I mentioned, the likelihood is that they are buying these guns from other, similar groups who have stashes and who sell them, who got them off another group and so on and so forth. Guns like the Skorpions come in clean but then get passed around and sold by muppets to other muppets.

These are reckless idiots and will buy cheap guns without even considering things like ballistics. But there are serious guys who will get rid of a gun and douse themselves in diesel after committing a violent crime, also shaving their entire bodies beforehand and being aware of forensics. There is a major "hitter" who was a suspect in the Jill Dando murder, in which no gun was ever found I don't think. But the suspect I am mentioning (I won't mention a name) is known to have committed a good number of murders and, as far as I know, has never had a gun linked to him. But as I say, a suspect in the Jill Dando murder which was probably ordered at the top by MI5 - they aren't gonna use some dafty who got his hands on a well-used handgun on the cheap. These are 20 years olds who shoot at other 20 years olds because they come from a different estate/postcode/block/scheme etc.

Back in my days strangers would give you free cakes and say "top'o'th'mornin't'ya'guvna" on the streets of London. I blame Jeremy Corbyn.

Back in my days strangers would give you free cakes and say "top'o'th'mornin't'ya'guvna" on the streets of London. I blame Jeremy Corbyn.
Is that the 50s when you could leave your front door open apparently?

I remember that. And everyone had white skin. There were no nonces. Everyone loved and respected the Queen. The police were nice and helpful and cheery. Nobody had affairs. Everybody went to church.

Frankie Boyle's joke on "the good old days" nails it.

A burglar with a knife will just stab the dog. This will probably make the situation more traumatic, if you like the dog.

Plus most people are not cut out to train the only dogs that might actually be useful, German / Belgian Shepards (A pitbull might maul the burglar but will probably maul you afterwards)

Max sentence is ten years. That guy was lucky to just have it confiscated.

My friends brother used to activate deactivated guns. Aparantly 20+ years ago deactivated guns weren’t hard to make useable again. Ammunition was expensive though.
He got long sentence for it in the end

But London ain't a shit ole 😱😭 I think the media hypes things up a bit, and you need to remember there are 32 boroughs that are part of London each on AVG having a quarter of a mill or more residents. So of course something is bound to happen everyday, and make it seem like it seems like it's all in "London" now for me that cuts of further out than zone 1 that's just my opinion, the rest is just the metropolitan area. Take Nottingham for example, which last I heard has one McDonald's and one town square, probably has a population as one borough in London and ofcourse would have lower incidents of crime.

I love London, I love it's weather, it's rudeness, even Westminster bridge that's become a Romanian con trap- no Londoner born and bred would fall for it it's mostly tourists. But I also love the country side and to get away from it all.

My only fear is that it doesn't become like any other city with shiny glass skyscrapers empty and just pretty to look at aka Venice

I remember that. And everyone had white skin. There were no nonces. Everyone loved and respected the Queen. The police were nice and helpful and cheery. Nobody had affairs. Everybody went to church.

Frankie Boyle's joke on "the good old days" nails it.
I love the queen, I feel she's still in charge 🥲

I love the queen, I feel she's still in charge 🥲
My theory is that she was dead for ages but they had to keep it under wraps to make sure jug ears could take on the job.

Also I agree to an extent RE London but not about it having an unfair reputation. It is because of the many boroughs that is can have that reputation. Parts of London are undeniably shitholes and parts are lovely, like any city, but some of these parts are towns in themselves or villages that were incorporated into Greater London. I remember walking past an old sign in Deptford and being amazed that Deptford was once in Kent, and Deptford used to be a shithole even when I was there and so much of the southeast was going through gentrification. I used to go down there to score from the more affluent part of the Blue Borough (Lewisham) where I lived. I also lived in what was marketed by the landlord/one of those Zoopla style websites as Blackheath, even though it was technically Charlton which is still a shithole as far as I know. And so it was quicker to go down to Charlton proper by the Cherry estate (Cherry something, rough boys around there) and score than it was to walk across Blackheath to the town centre or to one of the top entrances of the Greenwich Park where the observatory is. So even within the boundaries of Greenwich and Lewisham, you have nice towns/villages which have always been nice and then a little walk down the road and you're in the dirty south. Then of course Woolwich was just across from there and the "Woolwich Boys" was the main gang in south London that the one I was "in" (even though I didn't want to be - if you lived there and were friends with certain people from there, you were "in") that we used to fight but we also brought drugs through there. And then Plumstead which probably hasn't been touched by gentrification - most of these places were Kent traditionally but were brought into London and in many cases had housing estates built for the purpose of cleaning up the East End, similar to the overspill estates in cities like Liverpool, Glasgow and I'm sure many others.

In a way, the further out you go whether south, east, north or even west, the worst of it you'll see now as people are pushed out, but even the central locations can be sketchy as fuck. Get off an overnight coach at Victoria and have a walk around, see how many people in sleeping bags you can count. You can still score class As - speaking heroin and crack here - by any major station and in most areas that aren't "posh" (but even some posh ones if they have seedy activity going on).

But I agree about it being one of the great cities. It is in my top five probably.

My friends brother used to activate deactivated guns. Aparantly 20+ years ago deactivated guns weren’t hard to make useable again. Ammunition was expensive though.
He got long sentence for it in the end
At least they were made as a gun.
At least five years, don't meddle with stuff like that.
He must have imported them, I've just read how the pre95 spec was done in the uk and you need a new barrel and breach.
Non uk, they didn't remove the rifling just welded a steel rod inside and milled the striker off.

People used to convert alarm pistols to fire live rounds and aircartridge airguns (BAC), both asking for problems as they aren't made of proper steel.

Last edited:

You say this as a very funny and clever joke, but you probably could leave your doors open in most of the country in the 1950s.

Yes, I am aware of the Peaky Blinders and Scuttling gangs

Things have gotten a lot worse over the last few decades

A burglar with a knife will just stab the dog. This will probably make the situation more traumatic, if you like the dog.

Plus most people are not cut out to train the only dogs that might actually be useful, German / Belgian Shepards (A pitbull might maul the burglar but will probably maul you afterwards)

Max sentence is ten years. That guy was lucky to just have it confiscated.
Bollocks.

First off burglars are gonna be put off by a booming bark before they even enter your house. You try pulling out a knife in the heat of the moment while a dogs running at you. Had a fella swing a cricket bat at me once when we got into an argument on some playing fields (my dog did grab his cricket ball haha) My Doberman was tearing into him before he’d time to swing it back

But London ain't a shit ole 😱😭 I think the media hypes things up a bit, and you need to remember there are 32 boroughs that are part of London each on AVG having a quarter of a mill or more residents. So of course something is bound to happen everyday, and make it seem like it seems like it's all in "London" now for me that cuts of further out than zone 1 that's just my opinion, the rest is just the metropolitan area. Take Nottingham for example, which last I heard has one McDonald's and one town square, probably has a population as one borough in London and ofcourse would have lower incidents of crime.

I love London, I love it's weather, it's rudeness, even Westminster bridge that's become a Romanian con trap- no Londoner born and bred would fall for it it's mostly tourists. But I also love the country side and to get away from it all.

My only fear is that it doesn't become like any other city with shiny glass skyscrapers empty and just pretty to look at aka Venice
Wong Kei is still going strong.

Back in the day, you could go to the smoking floor, be put with randomers on a table who'd finished their meal and lit up a fag while you were just being served food.

Camden market was cool long before hipsters were.