Writing-up UK MXE/Methoxetamine legal high study

mxepsychologist

Greenlighter
Hello,

My name is Amy Roberts and I am a Psychology undergraduate at Leeds Metropolitan University. I am currently conducting one to one interviews with individuals who have taken the legal high MXE/ MKet/ Methoxetamine, an analogue of the illegal drug ketamine. The interview questions will centre on specific experiences of MXE use and some general attitude questions about legal highs. This study has been approved by Leeds Metropolitan University Ethics Committee and signed evidence of this will be available to be viewed at the interview.

If you are interested in becoming involved in the study please contact me at [email protected], I will send a in-depth participant information sheet to yourself and if you wish to proceed we can arrange an interview.

The study is already underway and I will stop recruitment on 15th February assuming I accrue sufficient participants by this time. The interview will take around one hour to complete and there will be time for discussion afterwards should you want to ask any questions etc. The interview will be recorded on a Dictaphone, voice recordings will be destroyed following transcription and will be anonymised.

I am looking for participants who are over 18 years old and who do not have any issues with addiction or dependency to this drug or any other. I would advise anyone who has had a negative or upsetting experience with this MXE not to take part in order to prevent causing distress to yourself. Please bear in mine we will only be able to discuss experiences relating to MXE specifically.

Due to interviews taking place face to face I am looking for UK participants, particularly in the West Yorkshire area and there may be a possibility of reimbursements for travel expenses.

Please contact myself at the email address provided or via this forum for any more information. I would really appreciate fast responses.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Amy Roberts.

When you get some data could you put up or send me a link or chart or anything? Interested to know about MXE even though I don't really want to try it.

GL with the study.

Likewise happy to help but too far away. I can understand the humane logic of saying 'don't participate if you've had a negative experience', but lots of people do have rough expereinces with MXE, seems like you're cutting out a lot of data there...

Just my 2 cents. I used to love K, and the idea of a legal analogue was very appealing...but I found it to be much darker, and I know I'm not alone. Wouldn't touch the stuff again.

I would like to help also, but I'm in Stoke, not too far but I have college and work. I've taken the drug many times and if you want to know anything further, you only have to post on Bluelight, we can answer most things :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've had a quite a lot of interest from this post and it's been a massive help so thanks!
Everybody has been really helpful, unfortunately due to the methodology of my study as interesting as it would be to ask a few general questions via the forum the answers wouldn't be the kind of data I need for my study, I appreciate the offer though.

Where Wolf? I see where you are coming from with regards to cutting out data by not including negative experiences but unfortunately as an undergraduate I am required to jump through a certain amount of ethical hoops and that is one them!

In the future, depending on the success of my face to face interviews, I may consider offering phone interviews to overcome the geographical barriers but at this moment in time I'm still discussing this with Leeds Met to see if it would be deemed appropriate. I will give an update on here if it is approved.

Once I have finished my dissertation I will write a summary of my findings on here for people to have a look at.

Cheers.

Just to let everyone know I am still currently recruiting if anyone is available within the next 2-3 weeks. I'd love to get another 1 or 2 last minute interviews sorted if anyone is available.
Cheers!

Would be happy to do a phone interview in the future, will keep an eye on this thread, good luck amy

Don't know if this study is still open, it says so, but the initial request sounded kind of urgent and it was 2 months ago. Anyway, I've emailed if I can help :)

I haven't heard great things about it either - RC's are popular around this area and it's a huge joke, none of the ones I've ever tried have ever been THAT great.

I would participate if i could, sounds interesting.

Reminds me of the DMT study Strassman did back in the day, except they actually got to do the drug legally in a controlled environment, lucky a**holes! If i would have seen that advertisement he put up looking for participants i would have had a heart attack in excitement, ha. Wish they still did stuff like that

I'd consider approaching people with better terminology than "legal high"... very on the mal-entropy side. It sends off additional vibes.

And you don't want information from people who have had distressing times on methoxetamine? Better said as "No worries if you think recalling the information would be too distressful - you do not need to attend" No?

A reconsideration of your approach to people who have tried these things perhaps would be good for your research enterprises.

Hope you do well anyway. Perhaps you'll end up liberating the masses from unorthodox alchemical control committees everywhere.

Perhaps instead you could write a detailed report on why collective archives of recollections & peoples mind-trails such as Bluelight should be more often utilized by the academic/information institutions. Especially for rational implementation procedures in politics. A good harvest of all the talk about MxE on here is worth far more than any sort of minor study. Young minds - let us give birth to a sane world :)

Last edited:
Perhaps instead you could write a detailed report on why collective archives of recollections & peoples mind-trails such as Bluelight should be more often utilized by the academic/information institutions. Especially for rational implementation procedures in politics. A good harvest of all the talk about MxE on here is worth far more than any sort of minor study. Young minds - let us give birth to a sane world :)

Good idea. These folks have just published a paper on MXE using online data... PM me for the pdf :)