• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Hugo Wenn and Daniel Lloyd toxicology results reveal MXE in bloodstream

deko

Bluelighter
And so the floodgates will open.............

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/hugo_wenn_and_daniel_lloyd_toxicology_results_reveal_mxe_in_bloodstream_1_1232040

Police investigating the deaths of 17-year-old Hugo Wenn and 25-year-old Daniel Lloyd in a pond in Canterbury in January, have announced the final toxicology results of chemicals found in their bloodstream.

The results showed that both men had Methoxetamine, also known as MXE, and alcohol in their bodies at time of death.

More

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-17304252

WTF

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-16809365
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4102489/Pond-pair-Hugo-Wenn-and-Daniel-Lloyd-drowned-police-say.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4099742/Man-54-arrested-over-pond-double-murder.html

So they start out saying it was a murder and the bodies were dumped and now its a double drowning, why o why would you think its a good idea to go into water in jan at night.

Last edited:
why o why would you think its a good idea to go into water in jan at night.

im guessing it has something to do with the alcohol and dissociative in their system

wait, they drowned? I thought they had ODd.

Well duh, you take a couple of depressants and go for a swim and it may be your ass. I know people say this A LOT here, but nobody in this mess is really calling for the banning of alcohol, which is the first bitch you need to think about banning if you're concerned about public safety.

wait, they drowned? I thought they had ODd.

Well duh, you take a couple of depressants and go for a swim and it may be your ass. I know people say this A LOT here, but nobody in this mess is really calling for the banning of alcohol, which is the first bitch you need to think about banning if you're concerned about public safety.

don't forget about whitney! as far as banning MXE they wanted to do that anyway this just gives them a vague sense of justification. twisting the facts to fit your motives etc.

they were probably drowned by the cia so that our governments could both supply and sieze this chemical. it just makes sense that they would be controlling both sides. Mind you i know this happened in the uk but damn, people are stupid (everywhere it seems) Hey lets go depress our brains for a bit and then go swimming. Sounds like a good fucking idea man...lets do it!!! But no, in seriousness i would say it is likey that in over seventy-five percent of cases where someone has died and mxe is believed to be involved that alcohol was also involved. I would be money on it. Problem is, theres not very much money to be made from fighting alcohol today. Another problem is, if a substance is being pursued by both ends of the government there is alot of money to be made. money for manufacturing/supply end, and interdiction processes. Both are very lucrative. Do we really think the chinese and indians are the only ones making this shit? lol the cia started all of this. they are not just gonna leave it laying on the ground in the 1950's.

Are two people on MXE even likely to be on the same trip? Even if one of them thought, "hey, it would be really cool to swim in January", would the other one have much idea to follow suit? I would have thought a strong dissociative trip would be a case of, "see you when we get back!".

swimming on mxe? really?

i'm sorry but i've known 13 year olds more responsible than this. Going into a pool of something that can kill your ass with massively decreased motor function..brilliant ¬_¬

The results showed that both men had Methoxetamine, also known as MXE, and alcohol in their bodies at time of death.

Guess which substance is gonna be butt kicked.

The Adver commissioned analysis of packets of the substances bought from the website no sources, and the results turned up traces of class B drugs in the 4-MEC.

hahaha! 4-MEC is a class b drug here in the uk. They must think that 4-mec is a "product"

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't all cathinones banned in the UK? To what do people refer when they mention the British cathinone ban?

Actually I don't think that's the case because I see BAN KHAT! stories all the time.

Aren't all cathinones banned in the UK? To what do people refer when they mention the British cathinone ban?

Actually I don't think that's the case because I see BAN KHAT! stories all the time.

I believe Khat in plant form is still legal in the UK, I think I read some story about if being rife in Covent Garden?

Well, since they were killed by water, it has to be that, doesn't it? ;)

They need to start banning these ponds before more people get hurt.

They can take every physchoactive substance and ban it..
stupidity will still find a way...

I'll be honest here...I've combined mxe and alcohol probably a dozen times at least and yet I did low doses of both and stayed the fuck away from a pond.

If I could barely stand up, why would I attempt swimming?

I wouldn't want to go swimming in January no matter what I was on. I've never suddenly forgotten that water is cold outside in the winter.

Maybe there was one fool and one attempted rescue? January in a pond and the outcome would look the same.

It doesn't say in the article, maybe they were in a boat. I knew someone in high school that was dumb enough to die like that. Drunk and in a canoe in February.

UK - 'Ban Mexxy': Parents call for party drug to be made illegal after son drowns

Daily Mirror

By Euan Stretch
23 Mar 2012 00:00

With reader comments

Hugo Wenn, 17, was found dead in a pond with friend Daniel Lloyd, 25, after taking methoxetamine, a powerful tranquiliser.

The grieving parents of a teenager who drowned after experimenting with a legal high party drug yesterday called for it to be banned. Hugo Wenn, 17, was found dead in a pond with friend Daniel Lloyd, 25, after taking methoxetamine, a powerful tranquiliser dubbed the “safe” alternative to ketamine. The drug, also known as MXE or Mexxy, is widely available on the internet with effects including euphoria, hallucinations, loss of balance and poor co-ordination.

“This drug may not have killed Hugo and Daniel directly but it surely contributed to their deaths,” said the young musician’s mother Fiona, 50. “Both Hugo’s father and I feel very strongly methoxetamine should be classified as a controlled substance. It seems abhorrent to us that it is clearly sold for recreational use.” Dad Rob, 47, said he believed his son and friend took the drug for “a bit of an adventure” by the pond at Canterbury, Kent, in January.

He added: “I can’t think of a more potentially dangerous place to be if you are not in full command of your senses.”

After several previous deaths and its growing use as a party drug, the Home Office has referred methoxetamine to the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs for its views on controlling it.

Crime prevention minister Lord Henley said: “We are increasingly concerned at the potential harms of methoxetamine.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ban-mexxy-parents-call-for-party-769504

Last edited:
This is really sad news :( Is this saying both of them died or just the younger one? They must have taken far too much to end up in a predicament like that.

They had also consumed alcohol and were exposing themselves to near-freezing water temperatures. They could just have easily have died from "misadventure" on just the alcohol alone.