• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tylenol with codeine #3's

Ak77

Greenlighter
About a year ago I was prescribed Tylenol 3's for a concussion and I was curious of the high so I took 3 and was pretty well buzzed. I continued this usage with the rest of them as well as just using them for a good nights sleep. Then I found a couple bottles of oxycodone from someone who wasn't around anymore, I would take 3-4 and be very pleasantly high with my boyfriend all night long. Never had I been so happy. Eventually I ran out of those (heartbroken). I was prescribed Tylenol 3's again recently, it's been a couple months since I've had any good pills so I thought my tolerance would be low enough again to enjoy them. The other night I took 4 and was barely high but VERY itchy. Tonight I've taken 3 so far after having been drinking all day and I feel nothing. Why is this?? What can I do? Sorry this is so long!! I'm a first timer on here... thank you in advance to any responses!

Also, I took a klonopin as well with the 4 the other night when I was all itchy. I read that those aren't a good mix? I could feel my head swelling too!

Firstly a practical harm reduction tip, you should try and remove the tylenol from the pills using a Cold Water Extraction technique. You can find a guide on how to do this if you do a quick search on this site. The reason for this is that excessive consumption of tylenol can cause damage to your liver, this will be compounded by alcohol.

I don't personally know about opiate tolerance but I believe it can take quite a while to go down, hence, the lack of effect it had on you. Someone else may have more experience in this however.

Mixing downers with other downers is usually a bad idea until you are more experienced with a drug and even then it can be dangerous. Mixing a benzo (klonopin) with an opiate can increase the respiratory depression that occurs making an OD much more likely.

These are all practical tips, however, my last bit of advice is to quit while you're ahead. Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are fairly new to using opiates recreationally, a lot of people start with using them casually, thinking they are safe because they were prescribed by a Doctor. A fair amount then become addicted and some end up moving onto harder opiates because of this. I may come off as dramatic but this situation is common enough for it to be labelled an epidemic in the US.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have any.

Last edited:
Thank you! I just tried the CWE for the first time and I lost some dust in the making but at least now I know for the future. I did 3 Tylenol 3's and I feel it very slightly. Better than nothing though!

^ the CWE doesn;t make the buzz stronger, it just removes the APAP from the codeine making it safer on your liver

but yeah, once you start fucking with top-tier opiates/oids (heroin/oxy), the little leagues just don't feel the same

The problem here isn't physical tolerance, after months of not using you wouldn't have any tolerance at all. I'm guessing the reason you don't really feel high is because you used oxy a lot. Oxy is way stronger than codeine, so you kinda got used to opiods being that strong. Now that you're using codeine again, it isn't gonna give the same satisfaction as it had before you used stronger opiods. Take a higher dose and you'll feel high, but research what doses are safe first (i don't remember them myself, sorry). If you do a higher dose though, you have to do a CWE because youd be doing harmful amount of Tylenol. You could also try using potentiators, i find benadryl to be the best. Take 50 mg of benadryl (don't go higher) and take 2/3rds of the codeine dose you would take without it

To a certain extent, I believe from personal experience, Opioid tolerance cannot actually return to its original, totally-naive state. What you're experiencing would probably be considered common, in that, you still experience the effects of the drug, but it's just an underwhelming experience after indulging in some of the more potent ones.