• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Twin Flames???

MattyBoy8one

Bluelighter
Ashley my sweet beautiful love who passed away a few days ago would go on and on about how we were TWIN FLAMES you know her and I. At first I thought it was comical and cute, but as example (that she would point out) after example occurred I started to open myself to the real possibility of such a thing actually existing. To the point of even a few months ago I seriously believed/believe this "Twin Flame" thing, but with thoughts of having all the time in the world to talk with Ashley about it you know like everything she might have known or believed about it, her death has of course stopped those conversations from taking place. So I'm reaching out to whoever might be able and willing to educate me to whatever degree their knowledge of this subject, please and thank you for bearing through my poorly written question thanks

If and when you have decided to wait 'for-ever' for another person, it is advised to purchase a sphere (crystal ball) of rose quartz. that is one thing which will assist you - you need to buy one also if that is not nature's true path (not something which your love may wish) it can guide you to your alternate future - but do not worry, that can also take a VERY LONG time, if you want.

Ashley my sweet beautiful love who passed away a few days ago would go on and on about how we were TWIN FLAMES you know her and I. At first I thought it was comical and cute, but as example (that she would point out) after example occurred I started to open myself to the real possibility of such a thing actually existing. To the point of even a few months ago I seriously believed/believe this "Twin Flame" thing, but with thoughts of having all the time in the world to talk with Ashley about it you know like everything she might have known or believed about it, her death has of course stopped those conversations from taking place. So I'm reaching out to whoever might be able and willing to educate me to whatever degree their knowledge of this subject, please and thank you for bearing through my poorly written question thanks

Romantic.

The epitome of love to those who believe in souls and life after death.

Real to the telepathic level, but I do not believe in or fancy an eternal life

A next evolutionary step for consciousness might be ok.

I offer my sympathy for your loss.

Regards
DL

I still have feelings for my old soulmate. He hates himself too much and meeting me would bring that shit back. Shame

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dearly beloved. That is really painful, I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I want to speak truthfully, so please know that I am not here to hurt your feelings. In the end, I hope you feel comforted in a different way.

There is no such thing as a twin flame. One soul cannot enter two bodies. The other definition of a twin flame - someone who travels with us through many lifetimes - is also inaccurate. The ego of this life has one understanding, the soul has another. The ego of this life may think one thing, but the soul is here to do something completely different. Just because a person has a strong ego attachment to another human being does not mean the soul has the same level of attachment to the other soul.

Most often, they are working together temporarily, either to mutual benefit, or to the benefit of one soul. You can't know what the soul is up to based on physical appearances. A person growing up in an abusive hell may have a soul agreement with their family to learn some things, or it may be a test/trial, or it may be an expiation (a sort of punishment). A rich person may be a more basic soul; a poor person may be a more advanced soul. It's hard to say. There are many possibilities.

When the body dies and the soul leaves, once its initial confusion is over, it will remember who/what it is. It looks upon the life it just shed with a totally different perspective, now that the veil of forgetting is gone, and now that it is no longer attached to its concerns. Things you think are so important to you now may not even matter to the soul, or vice versa. This is why, you may have a really important relationship with someone while alive, but when you die the relationship may cease to be important. Your soul may or may not have contact with the soul of the person who you were in a corporeal relationship with. Most often, there is no contact because contact is no longer needed. Both souls have moved on to wherever they go next. A living example of this is some of our past relationships in this life. You may be in a relationship that seems so important and all-encompassing to you at the time, but years later after that the person is gone (or your relationship just changed), you look back and kind of can't believe how attached you were. Or you see how much you've grown since that relationship. That sense of detachment from the past intensity is similar to what a soul feels when it leaves this life and returns to its state of remembering. It looks upon the past with different eyes, with its full faculties, without worldly concerns.

This is hard for our living ego to grasp because we are so stuck in our association to this body, to this life, that we can't see beyond it. We want our relationships to be eternal but they usually aren't. Even this reincarnation idea that someone we know may have been our brother, or mother, or sister, or father in a past life... highly unlikely, unless there is some serious unfinished business and the two souls agree to interact again corporeally.

The other thing to remember is, your lover, as you know her, is truly gone. Her soul has moved on, but her corporeal form is done. An earth-bound version of her (a "ghost") may linger, but eventually it dissolves into the earth, especially if she was cremated. Her soul doesn't resemble the living personality that she had while alive. So even if your soul encountered her soul after death, you two would recognize each other in a totally different way, unattached to your earthly relationship.

I say this because... the downside is, you won't see "her" again. The upside is, once your body dies, "you" won't be "you" anymore to feel all these difficult feelings about it. Once you are free from your body, you will understand what really happened, and you will be at peace with it. It won't look so terrible as it does now.

Unfortunately, you still must live out this life. You have lessons to learn and your temporary relationship with her was part of that. You have a lot more life to live so that your soul can learn what it came here to learn... something you may be able to tap into consciously. Even if not, you will still carry it out. Then your body will perish and you will be free of its entanglement, and your soul will integrate everything valuable that happened while ditching the rest.

If you can shift your perspective from "will I see her again" to "this is all temporary and I will have wisdom again", it will shift the pain toward realization. The soul is immortal, our human shell is not. The soul eventually gets to shed all the drama and pain and enters a space of understanding before moving on to its next project. Even the good stuff of this life, it may be shed. We have no way of knowing what the soul cares to retain or not, what it values. Some souls incarnate and spend an entire life time waiting for just one moment in time to happen, and then they initiate death. Their work is done. Some souls only come here to experience childhood and then the child dies, to our horror, but to them the lesson is over. Some die as fetuses in order to set the parents down a certain path. It's complicated. Their time span is eternal, so what do they care if they have to wait 80 years in human form for one moment? That's nothing. The human body is just a vehicle for so many kinds of learning.

We can get glimpses into the soul plan if we really pay attention, and it's possible to get the ego to work in concert with the soul to carry things out, but ultimately the ego can't grasp the grand plan. Still, it's happening with or without you knowing, and that's something you can trust in, to help you through any difficulty or grief.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dearly beloved. That is really painful, I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I want to speak truthfully, so please know that I am not here to hurt your feelings. In the end, I hope you feel comforted in a different way.

There is no such thing as a twin flame. One soul cannot enter two bodies. The other definition of a twin flame - someone who travels with us through many lifetimes - is also inaccurate. The ego of this life has one understanding, the soul has another. The ego of this life may think one thing, but the soul is here to do something completely different. Just because a person has a strong ego attachment to another human being does not mean the soul has the same level of attachment to the other soul.

Most often, they are working together temporarily, either to mutual benefit, or to the benefit of one soul. You can't know what the soul is up to based on physical appearances. A person growing up in an abusive hell may have a soul agreement with their family to learn some things, or it may be a test/trial, or it may be an expiation (a sort of punishment). A rich person may be a more basic soul; a poor person may be a more advanced soul. It's hard to say. There are many possibilities.

When the body dies and the soul leaves, once its initial confusion is over, it will remember who/what it is. It looks upon the life it just shed with a totally different perspective, now that the veil of forgetting is gone, and now that it is no longer attached to its concerns. Things you think are so important to you now may not even matter to the soul, or vice versa. This is why, you may have a really important relationship with someone while alive, but when you die the relationship may cease to be important. Your soul may or may not have contact with the soul of the person who you were in a corporeal relationship with. Most often, there is no contact because contact is no longer needed. Both souls have moved on to wherever they go next. A living example of this is some of our past relationships in this life. You may be in a relationship that seems so important and all-encompassing to you at the time, but years later after that the person is gone (or your relationship just changed), you look back and kind of can't believe how attached you were. Or you see how much you've grown since that relationship. That sense of detachment from the past intensity is similar to what a soul feels when it leaves this life and returns to its state of remembering. It looks upon the past with different eyes, with its full faculties, without worldly concerns.

This is hard for our living ego to grasp because we are so stuck in our association to this body, to this life, that we can't see beyond it. We want our relationships to be eternal but they usually aren't. Even this reincarnation idea that someone we know may have been our brother, or mother, or sister, or father in a past life... highly unlikely, unless there is some serious unfinished business and the two souls agree to interact again corporeally.

The other thing to remember is, your lover, as you know her, is truly gone. Her soul has moved on, but her corporeal form is done. An earth-bound version of her (a "ghost") may linger, but eventually it dissolves into the earth, especially if she was cremated. Her soul doesn't resemble the living personality that she had while alive. So even if your soul encountered her soul after death, you two would recognize each other in a totally different way, unattached to your earthly relationship.

I say this because... the downside is, you won't see "her" again. The upside is, once your body dies, "you" won't be "you" anymore to feel all these difficult feelings about it. Once you are free from your body, you will understand what really happened, and you will be at peace with it. It won't look so terrible as it does now.

Unfortunately, you still must live out this life. You have lessons to learn and your temporary relationship with her was part of that. You have a lot more life to live so that your soul can learn what it came here to learn... something you may be able to tap into consciously. Even if not, you will still carry it out. Then your body will perish and you will be free of its entanglement, and your soul will integrate everything valuable that happened while ditching the rest.

If you can shift your perspective from "will I see her again" to "this is all temporary and I will have wisdom again", it will shift the pain toward realization. The soul is immortal, our human shell is not. The soul eventually gets to shed all the drama and pain and enters a space of understanding before moving on to its next project. Even the good stuff of this life, it may be shed. We have no way of knowing what the soul cares to retain or not, what it values. Some souls incarnate and spend an entire life time waiting for just one moment in time to happen, and then they initiate death. Their work is done. Some souls only come here to experience childhood and then the child dies, to our horror, but to them the lesson is over. Some die as fetuses in order to set the parents down a certain path. It's complicated. Their time span is eternal, so what do they care if they have to wait 80 years in human form for one moment? That's nothing. The human body is just a vehicle for so many kinds of learning.

We can get glimpses into the soul plan if we really pay attention, and it's possible to get the ego to work in concert with the soul to carry things out, but ultimately the ego can't grasp the grand plan. Still, it's happening with or without you knowing, and that's something you can trust in, to help you through any difficulty or grief.
Excellent, i agree with much of what you said here, although my ego wants to refute some of these truths it still doesn't change it very being true, what is, is. Thank you for all that you said i appreciate it greatly

I believe that you can become very close to others, but I don't believe people are "made" for each other like that.

A human can draw close to any other human in a variety of different ways.

Sorry again for your loss.

Yeah, sadly a lot of us spiritual freshmen were duped by the mainstream version of this twin flame crap. In all honesty, some people out their have already started to cultivate the truth that was originally supposed to come through from this in order to sponsor that the topic was meant to inspire... and not to mislead.

I kind of understand how I would feel if someone wanted me to believe something foolishly passionate like that too, though. I'm sorry that you had to see her go.

I don't mean to condition this last part harshly, but I'll put it out there for reference: the definition and use of the term twin flame has evolved since its original coining. The actual term, as I understand, has more to do with knowing and understanding your true self. Basically the twin flame is you and your connection to your unconscious content.