Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: United States of Tara (showtime)

I guess the comparison for me with Californication is I thought they were trying to take some really "eccentric" (borderline horrible if irl) family situation and make it seem "ok" or at least livable. I mean I've only seen one episode of USoT so it was just a vibe I got. To be fair Californication is too cool, has more sex, and David Duchovny is one of the best assholes on TV. USoT so far has none of that. I raised it as a question too in case people were wondering about certainty vis-a-vis discussion. =D

Last edited:
Yeah, DarthMom! Get your facts straight. Damn! Couldn't you have checked IMDB or get some mufikin TIVO in your life to double check the facts against this alleged memory of yours? Your such a stupid head. Consider this a soft warning, Ms Darth. 8)

lol meow!

:D

:p:!8o

What's wrong with clarifying a mistake?

I guess I deserved some witty humor.

And YES I have DVR and have no life and insomnia so yes I double checked it and yes IF ANYONE EVER MAKES A MISTAKE LIKE THAT AGAIN THERE WILL BE DIRE CONSEQUENCES!!!!

I live to point out mistakes so beware!!!:p

EDIT: By the way I'm not a guy and yes I'm still here.

^LOL =)

2nd eps, was whatever...maybe felt like a let down cause the pot smokin alter T, and buck were alot more funny than serious alice. anywho im sure ill end up watching the rest of the season for the hell of it.

44532884.jpg

"tastes homo-made"

United States of Tara

has anyone ever watched the Showtime series US of Tara? If you haven't its a pretty funny show. About a mother who has D.I.D. She has all these different alters or personalities and they all do their own thing when they come out. It makes for a wild and crazy life. I think its a pretty good show. If you've seen it what are your takes on it? And if you haven't seen it...its one that should be seen!:D

I saw the first episode. Maybe it gets better, but I doubt I'll watch it again. The main thing that bugged me was how contrived and spelled out. Every comment and conversation about Tara and her personalities made it seem like it just happened, instead of this being something the family had been dealing with for years. Plus, the personalities were just big cliches. Toni Collette deserves better than this.

i feel like this show is a good time waster. i watch a few episodes at a time on ondemand when i am stuck with nothing else that catches my interest on the tele.
the writing is pretty much drivel and the situations are a slight step above moronic... but i can't look away with this new id poncho goblin pee monster alter.

showtime has done it again. with the help of the uglysexy and uber talented toni collette.

it is a fabulous concept for a fun show, a mom with multipersonality disorder who has a loving husband, a brilliant son and a slutty daughter. sounds like my life, but not as fun. and in my case, the slutty daughter is a slutty son. i am working on that, but in the stead, this is the most awesome family series to show up in a long time.

"they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's" said in response to one of the alters going after the emo brat kicking her kids ass when she efficiently and effectively says "no kid in ponytails is going to kick my kids ass" that is quote mining gold.

there are so many brilliant points to this show i don't know where to start. oh yes i do....the loving hubby. a man who will put up with a woman's insanity because he simply loves her. how romantic.

this show is incredible, i wanted to share.

have fun.

I think this show's premire really sucked balls. I'll watch it one more time but the premire was less than desirable... and I like both Toni Colette and John Corbett. The acting was good, I guess, but the writing was downright terrible IMO.

It was somewhat funny and cute. I'm not really taking the DID seriously. Or the whole show for that matter. Critics were pegging it as something its not. I think they managed to make a serious disorder into physical comedy...and I'm stuck on that. Interested in watching the next episode.
Poor knock off of Californication?

I saw the first episode. Maybe it gets better, but I doubt I'll watch it again. The main thing that bugged me was how contrived and spelled out. Every comment and conversation about Tara and her personalities made it seem like it just happened, instead of this being something the family had been dealing with for years. Plus, the personalities were just big cliches. Toni Collette deserves better than this.

i don't know..i really enjoy this show. i admit the beginning might be a bit slow, but it definitely gets better. and obviously it is pretty dramatized, but it's not a half bad representation of multiple personalities. it's funny, emotional ,got great acting..and isn't too far off.

both of my parents have had...multiple personality episodes. and i have to say some of the interactions that tara has are strikingly accurate. for instance, in my experience, the way she transitions. (minus the costumes. i don't think it's really like that. all though my mother's wardrobe did drastically change depending on whether she was going by josephine, jo, or josie. which was first mentioned to me by my therapist as a way to prepare for what was happening with her to pay attention to how she was dressed.) i also..i don't think it's as obvious as it is in tara with the whole "alters" thing. at least for me it wasn't, but i don't know how developed my parent's issues were and i don't think they were ever really addressed whereas in this show it's a huge thing that they're aware of.
it's a small scene, but one that rang really true and that toni collette acted perfectly. the episode where T came out and they went to the arcade, after that thing happened with uhm the mural "die yuppie cunt" and everyone thought it was T. when max finally got T home and marshall started flipping out on her and said things like "i hate you! where is my mother? are you my mother?" and T goes "hell no!" and then marshall is really upset and just says "well then why are you here?" and the look after that on toni collette's face, the pure blankness and "i don't know" ...you can tell tara isn't there. well acted.
something similar to that happened to me with my father. it was a scary thing. i'll save you guys the details but he was being a real crazy abusive dick and i was like "dad calm down stop acting like this" and he just said "your father's not here". the person, the "host" disappears completely. the voice changes, the look in the eye changes, they're gone and whatever is there knows they're gone. and when the main personality comes back they usually don't remember anything the other did. it's a pretty intense thing, especially if the "alters" as they call it in this show, are mean..you can see that a bit with buck, he torments marshall a lot.

i think they do a pretty good job portraying it as well as giving it an interesting and comedic twist.
i def like it and from what i've seen throughout season 1 it progresses very nicely. i've been recommending it a lot.

plus the combination of corbett and collete is just beyond.