Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: United States of Tara (showtime)

I think Toni Collette is both a beautiful and brilliant actress, but this looks kind of silly.

tara.jpg

She's a man (possibly lesbian), a wasp-type uppity woman, a housewife (I guess) and what appears to be a bubblegum chewing rebel from the 80s? These aren't personallities. They're cliches. But, if any woman can pull it off and make this show great, it's Toni Collette.

I can't remember a single Showtime series I thought was worth watching. This looks no different (though I haven't seen Dexter).

Dexter WAS a good show. Sadly, has gone downhill. Otherwise, Showtime isn't too bad, though.

weeds sucks. It tries to live off of it's premise. It's not funny, and once the whole idea of, "o wow, a suburban mother selling weed" grew old, it has faded.

United States of Tara

showtime has done it again. with the help of the uglysexy and uber talented toni collette.

it is a fabulous concept for a fun show, a mom with multipersonality disorder who has a loving husband, a brilliant son and a slutty daughter. sounds like my life, but not as fun. and in my case, the slutty daughter is a slutty son. i am working on that, but in the stead, this is the most awesome family series to show up in a long time.

"they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's" said in response to one of the alters going after the emo brat kicking her kids ass when she efficiently and effectively says "no kid in ponytails is going to kick my kids ass" that is quote mining gold.

there are so many brilliant points to this show i don't know where to start. oh yes i do....the loving hubby. a man who will put up with a woman's insanity because he simply loves her. how romantic.

this show is incredible, i wanted to share.

have fun.

When I first saw the ads for United States of Tara (UST) I was kinda excited to see it. But it was only 30 minutes (as far as I can tell) which is total bullshit. They over advertised it. I have already seen every major scene from those 30 minutes before they even aired the show. They ruined it by advertising. I hope they don't do that for every episode. I'm a stay at home wife so I watch a lot of Showtime and don't want to see a UST ad every hour exposing more of the show. I already knew everything that was going to happen, what's the point of watching the show. Who the hell is responsible for advertising. They should be fired!!!

showtime has done it again. with the help of the uglysexy and uber talented toni collette.

"they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's" said in response to one of the alters going after the emo brat kicking her kids ass when she efficiently and effectively says "no kid in ponytails is going to kick my kids ass" that is quote mining gold.

Just for clarification. "they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's" was not said to any of the alters but to normal Tony Collette.

There are 3 alter egos Buck (Vietnam vet), T(Slutty teenager) and Alice (Perfect housewife)

This was the scene when Tara woke up in the morning after being T the night before. Her daughter has a ballet rehearsal and Tara was driving her a costume. She saw her daughter and the emo kid fighting. She got out of the car and had an argument with him and the daughter. "they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's", "no kid in ponytails is going to kick my kids ass" were said to and by normal Tara, respectively and she did not turn into Buck until she got back in the car and started driving away back to her house. Then later on Buck beat up the emo kid in the parking garage after the rehearsal.

No offense meant, but please make sure the dialogue you post is correct.

i watched that first episode earlier and really enjoyed it.

"i can handle a million different things for my clients but i can't micromanage my daughter's vagina"

something like that anyway. :D

I think this show's premire really sucked balls. I'll watch it one more time but the premire was less than desirable... and I like both Toni Colette and John Corbett. The acting was good, I guess, but the writing was downright terrible IMO.

Just for clarification. "they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's" was not said to any of the alters but to normal Tony Collette.

There are 3 alter egos Buck (Vietnam vet), T(Slutty teenager) and Alice (Perfect housewife)

This was the scene when Tara woke up in the morning after being T the night before. Her daughter has a ballet rehearsal and Tara was driving her a costume. She saw her daughter and the emo kid fighting. She got out of the car and had an argument with him and the daughter. "they aren't ponytails, they are samurai knot's", "no kid in ponytails is going to kick my kids ass" were said to and by normal Tara, respectively and she did not turn into Buck until she got back in the car and started driving away back to her house. Then later on Buck beat up the emo kid in the parking garage after the rehearsal.

No offense meant, but please make sure the dialogue you post is correct.

Yeah, DarthMom! Get your facts straight. Damn! Couldn't you have checked IMDB or get some mufikin TIVO in your life to double check the facts against this alleged memory of yours? Your such a stupid head. Consider this a soft warning, Ms Darth. 8)

It was somewhat funny and cute. I'm not really taking the DID seriously. Or the whole show for that matter. Critics were pegging it as something its not. I think they managed to make a serious disorder into physical comedy...and I'm stuck on that. Interested in watching the next episode.
Poor knock off of Californication?

Last edited:
omg, how is it a poor knockoff of californication, it isn't about a hedonistic wanna be gonzo journalist who abuses his drug whims at every chance, there is no comparison. nothing worth mentioning at least. that being said... HUGE fan of californication. which is why i may seem to be so offended at the inaccuracies in the comparisons ;)

Last edited: