Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Reading Rainbow

Math Net! i really liked the pacman thing with mathman and the tornado when i was a kid. Anyone remember the Edison twins??

reading rainbow is good times. i especially like the book reviews done by the kids at the end. classic stuff. and no i did not watch it when i was young, i was old and high. ;)

*raises hand* oh, me, me.... "i spy staci !" Not! They never said my name. :(

Was never a fan of Reading Rainbow as a child. I found the theme song and graphics too disturbing (I was an odd child and found many things too off-putting to watch - Wizard of Oz for example). On the other hand, Square One was really friggin' cool. Math Net was awesome, but, alas, it never helped improve my math skills. Didn't they usually have some weird cartoon on it too? Memories of this show are a bit vague compared to my other childhood classics.

that Show rulezz.... You get all exicited when the book you read get review. Its like... " I READ THAT I READ THAT..." *jumps up and down

Square One is the name of a show I've been trying to remember for mad long, every time I describe it to someone they tell me they don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I used to really love that show, as well as 321 Contact, Reading Rainbow and Sesame Street. There aren't many children's shows on that level of quality today, I'd say. However, there is a Saturday morning cartoon I saw a few months ago that had these kids from a school solving mysteries and talking in a pretty intelligent way, there were all different types of kids like it was some UN Ambassador school or something... I thought it looked pretty good, but damned if I can remember the name.

321 Contact - respect! holy crap, thats from the way back machine

i like 3-2-1 contact but my favorites were Electric Company and the original Zoom.

Romper Room was great too. I think I was a little too old to be part of the 3-2-1 Contact brigadge. Mr. Wizard filled that in I suppose.

Hey I was into Reading Rainbow 2!!!!!!!! I can faintly remember the whole read a book, get something signed and you'd get a pizza party or something for your class??? Maybe that was just the little extra push our teacher gave us to do it, I have no clue, lol. But we all did it happily.

If Im wrong on that wasn't there something you would do to follow the show?? Help

I probably would never of learned how to read if it wasn't for that.

But it did disturb me later to see that black dude on star track with the banana clip over his eyes!!

Electric Company was pretty dope as well, but Mr. Wizard takes the cake for early morning 1980s cheesy edutainment. That dude was the man.

Yeah, i had to sit through Mr. Wizard as it was my brother's show. It was okay, but it didn't do for me what Electric Company did. I liked the Letter Man part on EC and the part where they told the story and opened the book and it came to life with the actors. Good stuff.

As long as we are reminiscing here... does anyone remember a TV show on at like 7 am on Saturday mornings called "Fadz" or something like it? They had kids come on stage and like design new toys or something. I have mentioned this constantly to people of my age group (early 20s) and no one does. Somebody assure me I am not imagining it please! Also, there was another game show where contestants had to run around a house and find hidden stuff. Anyone recall this, too?

Who remembers "Mr.Dressup" Its a Canadian Kids show with a old man and various puppets. Pretty cool show, taught you how to sing and draw.

Also "Today's Speical" was an amazing show. It had that talking Mouse that rhymes all the time.

Other honourable mentions are....
-Shinny Time Stations
-Muppets Babies
-Teddy Roxpin
-Captian Planet
-COPS (Cartoon futuristic cops)

Last edited:
The Muppet Babies ruled my saturday mornings. It was a depressing day in my young life when CBS took it off the air.

I'd have to disagree with Captain Planet though. ;)