• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Pushing Daisies

dankoni

Bluelighter
Just watched the pilot, and IMO... I thought it was GREAT!!!

Others' thoughts?

Excellent show! I have been looking forward to it for a while now. It reminds me of the movie Amelie in a lot of ways.

One thing is bugging the crap out of me though. So he can't touch anything, I get that. Hence the skeleton hand to pet the dog. He touched his mom, brought her back. Then she kissed him goodnight, boom she's toast again. So why wasn't *Chuck* killed when she kissed him at the funerals?

I thought they were getting around it by saying *he* didn't touch her, or he touched her through clothing or some other barrier. But he didn't touch his mom, she kissed him, same as Chuck did.

It irks me bc I am willing to to just go with the flow of whimsy, but I demand continuity!

I really really enjoyed it!

And you only die if he had previously brought you back to life. Otherwise I think its ok for him to touch people. He did touch the Aunt.

Yes. If he touches you and brings you back, then he can't touch you again without you dying. If he brings you back and you stay alive for more than a minute, then the next closest person dies (funeral director, Chuck's parent, etc). If he has never brought you back, he can touch you =).

i saw a bit of it, and it was quirky, and interesting, but i would like to see more before getting my hopes up for a real gem.

it's so much like Dead Like Me it's scary... but a damned good start to a show :)

Dead Like Me was damned well done, hopefully this will be more fruitful.

yeah, it's similar to dead like me because bryan fuller is a part of it. i miss the feel of dead like me.

so far i like the show but i won't get too attached considering network tv always seems to cancel my favorite shows.

I've been watching this and I love it a little more each episode.

The first one left me a little disappointed only because I felt like they tried to cram too much story in. There was so much to explain.

After that though I love the narration and the visual aspect of the show. Some scenes are just stunning.

QuestionEverything said:
.. I felt like they tried to cram too much story in. There was so much to explain.

After that though I love the narration and the visual aspect of the show. Some scenes are just stunning.

lol, you should read the recaps posted on TWOP.

I totally agree on the cinematography. (is it still called that if it's tv?) I really hope that someone wins an Emmy for costuming. The dandelions alone would justify it, but also Chuck's amazing dresses.

woohoo! this has just started here in the UK and i've just finished watching the first episode. i loved every minute of it. the colours used everywhere, and the set design, and the cinematography, were all amazing.

and i've had a thing about anna friel since 1992, when she first started in brookside. <3

can't wait for the rest of the series. %)

I can't wait till it comes back here is the US!

I fell in love with this show right from the first episode, as it seems you have. TV still produces gems once in a while =)

i couldn't get into it. i had high hopes, and while it seemed to be interesting, nothing kept me going. sooo thumbs down.

saw this for the first time last night.
i rather liked it. liked it enough to go out of my way to seek out more episodes.

Anybody else feel like the new season is lacking something? By the end of last season I had fallen in love with this show, but I can't quite put my finger on what has changed now. It just doesn't seem the same. Hopefully I'll change my opinion after getting back into it a bit more, it would be a shame for this show to be ruined. :(