⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: obscure television from the 80's and 90's

fruitfly said:
Speaking of Parker Lewis ... if anyone remembers I Know My First Name Is Steven, points go to you. If anyone can connect that movie with the Yosemite Killer, even more points and maybe a cookie. =D

this is a no brainer.

the stayners, duh!

dbailey11 said:
Tales From the Crypt on HBO.

I don't know how obscure that is though.

i watched that along with Alfred Hitchcock Presents AND Tales from the Darkside.....i dunno how obscure those are tho =D

does anyone remember 'neverwhere' it was on in england and it was about what lived in the tube stations!

crystalcallas said:
i watched that along with Alfred Hitchcock Presents AND Tales from the Darkside.....i dunno how obscure those are tho =D

...points for Tales from the Darkside. :D Remember Eugene Levy (the dad from the American Pie movies) in an episode called Dr. A. Cula. Creeepy8o

tales from the darkside is sometimes shown, in marathons, on scifi channel
last week they also had a twilight zone marathon
wee.

playabandita said:
god i wanted to fuck a few people from FIFTEEN

Fifteen ruled. There was a scene where one kid confronts the jock about his drinking problem. Me and a friend of mine used to regularly re-enact that scene.

How about...
Swan's Crossing (which introduced Sara Michelle Gellar)
Gilligan's Planet (a sci-fi cartoon version of Gilligan's Island)
Small Wonder (a horrible show about a family with a robot daughter)
My Secret Identity
Cop Rock (actually very famous in its day because of how bad it was)
Booker (21 Jump Street spin-off starring Richard Greco)
Catwalk (drama about a struggling band)
The Heights (drama about a struggling band)

DarthMom said:
V was the best ever
i don't think it could reasonably be described as obscure but i agree it was great.
cosmicdancer said:
does anyone remember 'neverwhere' it was on in england and it was about what lived in the tube stations!
excellent. the bbc-2-dr-who production values just made it even better. it's available on a 2 disk dvd set if you're interested.

as ever, the book is much better :)

alasdair

That jerk atlas got it in before me. :p

What about Noozles?

And where's Sabastian's_Ghost? Belle et Sébastien hellooooo??

fruitfly said:
Speaking of Parker Lewis ... if anyone remembers I Know My First Name Is Steven, points go to you. If anyone can connect that movie with the Yosemite Killer, even more points and maybe a cookie. =D

It was the brother who became the killer right? Parent's blamed him if I remember (even though I think the kid was like six when his brother got snatched). (Oh, I see this has been answered)

Man, Herman's Head, Parker Lewis (came on the same night as the TV Ferris Bueller), Neverwhere (the one based on Neil Gaiman's book? Not that old)... remember pretty much all of them. How about Tracey Ullman? Maniac Mansion? Even older...

Nickelodeon shows... Spartacus, El Dorado, Today's Special, and Pinwheel?
Old Cartoons... HR Puffn'stuff, Sigmund the Seamonster, Gigantor?

Shall I go on?

I can't believe there are people who remember Fifteen. What a horribly mesmerizing show.

I'll add my contribution: the great, lamented "Get a Life" with Chris Elliott as a psychotic paperboy. It violated every rule of what a sitcom was, with the seemingly weekly humiliation of its protagonist. Brilliant. I still remember the episode with the musical "Zoo Animals on Wheels"....

Tales From the Darkside had the creepiest music of any horror television show ever. Thinking of it now gives me the creeps.

What about Monsters? Similar horror themed show, not quite as creepy though.

dbailey11 said:
...points for Tales from the Darkside. :D Remember Eugene Levy (the dad from the American Pie movies) in an episode called Dr. A. Cula. Creeepy8o

Yap :D

How could I forget Small Wonder? Me and my sister were addicted to this show haha. I wouldn't call it terrible, we loved it then!
main2ze8.jpg

GreatSpaceCoaster said:
I can't believe there are people who remember Fifteen. What a horribly mesmerizing show.

I'll add my contribution: the great, lamented "Get a Life" with Chris Elliott as a psychotic paperboy. It violated every rule of what a sitcom was, with the seemingly weekly humiliation of its protagonist. Brilliant. I still remember the episode with the musical "Zoo Animals on Wheels"....

Best 'Get A Life Line' was when Chris found out he was being used for sex.

Chris: You were just using me.... for sex?
Girl: Yep
Chris: Cool, can I tell my grandkids?

small wonder reminds me of that other show with evie (i think) who would talk to her alien father through the glowing rhombus thing she had in her bedroom...

I used to always watch the shows on nickelodeon... they probably aren't the most obscure but:
"Hey dude" a bunch of kids working/living on a dude ranch
"Welcome Freshman" a bunch of kids harassing freshmen
"Salute your shorts" same as "hey dude" but takes place in a summer camp.....AWFUL WAFFLE!!! AWFUL WAFFLE!!!

"Pete and Pete" rocked too
Not to mention all the awesome cartoons. So it's not the most obscure but i don't care cuz those shows rocked and i miss them

artie.gif

'The Strongest Man...IN THE WORLD!!'

Last edited:
^ yea man, i love that show. i made mention of it on the first page somewhere. that show was mad funny back in the day, i watched it a lot. artie the strongest man in the world went on to do VO work on king of the hill. his real name is toby huss, hes a pretty talented VO artist.

does anyone remember the show, :you can't do that on television"? great canadian kids show. it had everything, slime, a firing squad, canadian accents EH?