Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Lost

just the first couple of posts from imdb lost message board, cant say i care that it wasnt written by 50 year old theologists- but i hope that the changes were done to keep the original idea for an eventual ending-if there was one:

Don't watch DVD bonus features

by - faded2001 3 days ago (Tue Sep 27 2005 20:32:59 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I lost all faith in the show when I found out it was created in 5 days and rewritten during filming.

Not only that but it was created by 2 20 something nerds and not a team of scientists, mathematicians, theologists. They picked one writer and the first available guy who could start by monday.

Now I know there is no grand scheme and everything has meaning, they are just making it up as they go.

So don't watch the bonus features or read this post!!

Me sad now :(

Re: Don't watch DVD bonus features

by - The_Jaytrix 3 days ago (Tue Sep 27 2005 21:05:24 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I love the show but when I was watching the behind the scenes features and listening to the commentaries it sounded like a lot of the pilot was made up as they were going along -- for example, Locke being a paraplegic. It killed some of its mystique. I'm sure that everything at this point is very deliberate and structured.

well you could kinda get the feeling it was made up. if they can put it all together within 1 season and not try to stretch it out and milk the hell out of it, it would be the best show ever

cakehead said:
only thing i cant decide on is- will there be a rational explaination....eg government testing, genetic clones etc
or will it be more along the lines of a spiritual thing, heaven/hell and so on.

It'll get cancelled before anything is explained.

^^^
no way. I think it's going to hold a decent audience for a long while.

I watched again this week for the second time. About half way though, I started to get that X-Files-like feeling that the show was turning out to be all plot twists and no resolution. Hopefully, the show will seem more even as the season goes on. The performances and pacing are definitely superior to the X-Files, and that alone may be enough to watch.

Yeah I agree about the no resolution. They need to have some kind of big "AH HA!" moment soon or its gonna start getting boring. I love it, dont get me wrong, they just need to reveal something big before its too late-without revealing EVERYTHING. I still doubt it will get canceled unless it REALLY goes downhill from here.

Well there was a big "ah ha!" moment last week.

******************SPOILER**************

How about Rose and Bernard??? AH HA!! Rose knew he was still alive....

I watched the first half last night and must say that the flashbacks are one of the strongest parts of the show. It makes the plot twists bearable, since the flashbacks and flash forwards give something of a resolution to the characters' older stories.

Definately...the flashbacks keep helping us get to know the characters more. I know the places these people have been and the things they went through before the plane crash have an important part of the story as well..I definately think there is a reason they are all there.

This show is way awesome. I loved the season 2 episode 1 where they break into the hatch. I loved that song that desmond put on the record player. does anyone know what song that was?

anyway, my only gripe with the show, that some other seem to have also aired, is that it moves SO FUCKING SLOWLY. its realy annoying. and does anyone else hate jack? all he does is run into a situation pissing off everyone around him without any insight of plan fucking things up.

what is your favorite character?

mine is def john locke. hes a total badass and does whatever he wants.
charlie is pretty cool too, although hes a pussy for not shooting his heroin. an addict for that long and he still snorts? heh.

anyway, great, great show. only tv series that has captivated me in years. they need to make it move quicker though

Yes, jacks a dickhead and charlie is a pussy. My favorite character is also locke, although kate and sahid are pretty cool.

I liked the first season, but this one is really pissing me off man. They cover like less than 5 minutes in an hour, and last wednesday was a repeat. So the story is going so slow it really is going backwards.

Man, this thread kind of died. I'm definitely looking forward to tonights episode. That map thingy that got revealed to locke, shelters and food coming up from the ground? It looks to me like the island is taking things to the next level. I def think its some sort of psychological experiment. But then again there's all the mystical shit going on too. Thats what I like about the show, so many different levels to it. I'm gonna be pissed if we get to season six and the writers are just like, "yeah, we don't really know where we're going with this."

Epi 18 will kick arse!!! "henery" the food drop the neon map on the lockdown doors... all so exciting!

I was actually just a little bit disappointed with tonights episode. That's honestly the first time I can say that. I just wasn't all that into where they took Hurleys character. It was kinda slow.

I liked the end, however! :)

AlphaCharlieID said:
Epi 18 will kick arse!!! "henery" the food drop the neon map on the lockdown doors... all so exciting!

How do you think the map was written in the first place.As far as i've seen don't the doors only come down for a brief time during lockdowns?
I am new to Lost though so i may have missed the answer in an earlier episode.

LOCKDOWN MAP SPOILER

vibr8tor said:
I was actually just a little bit disappointed with tonights episode. That's honestly the first time I can say that. I just wasn't all that into where they took Hurleys character. It was kinda slow.

I liked the end, however! :)

yeah i also thought that just put a little too much of a twist on the show