Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Law & Order

I hate to like them. All of them. I get hooked really easily into all LO shows when i do bother watching tv, which is rare.

It just annoys me to hell that no matter the time of day, you can flip on tube..and it's on. Either this, or the 1023460956354 brands of CSI.

ok, re: last nights svu... if one more show this season is about the chick (such as finding her number in the phone, her card stuffed in some dead chick's mouth...) im going to have to cry.
they have done their quota about personal vendettas/rapists with stalkerish tendencies/ so on circling around her. she is not the center of the universe... or the show.
i can understand where this misconception is coming from. of all the l&o shows svu is the only one holding on to their audience and staying their place in ratings (if not going up a few points) in the last few seasons- and the show has been increasingly more cenetered on her in the past... soooo go with what is winning, but really enough is enough- she isnt that great or that good looking. bring back the shot d.a.

JerseyGirl said:
I love the original the best-SVU grates on me cause I can't stand Mariska, but I do LOVE Munch to death. Munch is the MAN.

Agreed. Richard Belzer's performance is the only one worth watching on SVU. His cynical smartass demeanor is similar to the late Jerry Orbach.

wanderlust said:
ok, re: last nights svu.

plus notice they billed it as some shit like 'a case too big for one law and order' but both episodes were contained enough that they'll have no problem showing one in syndication without the other.

This show was always a staple in my family. Even though I think I've seen every episode with Sam Waterston in it I still love to watch the re-runs. SVU isn't awful either. :) My favorite epsiodes are (both from season 8 ) Harvest: the skeevy doctor who would harvest organs for transplants got in deep
and Ritual: A death and mugging investigation leads the detectives onto clues about plans to circumcise an American father & Egyptian mother's dauther.

24.gif

waterston_sam.jpg

Last edited:
wanderlust said:
belzer was just as good in 'homicide'. too bad that one is gone.

Yeah, because it was the same character. :)

I guess Detective Munch was such a hit with audiences that he was ported over to L&O: SVU from Homicide when the latter series ended.

yes, it is the same character... and his wife even slept with briscoe too once...
but he had more, er... freedom, wit and playability in homicide, imo.

the show and the spin-offs are so rightwing that it wouldn't surprise me if they were being federally funded ;)

Mysticalis said:
I love the original. L&O: SVU is a bit too graphic for my tastes and L&O: Criminal Intent, in my opinion, just plain sucks.

Original L&O will always be the best. The show isn't going to be the same w/ out Jerry Orbach tho.

R.I.P Lenny. :(

i have to agree with you about jerry orbach. he played an awsome roll as lenny. however, i really like ci. i think vincent dinafreo plays his character really well. a really eccentric, intelligent detective who gets almost all the crooks to fess up. except that aussie chick that has a re-acurring roll.

silvia saint said:
the show and the spin-offs are so rightwing that it wouldn't surprise me if they were being federally funded ;)

are you kidding me??? the shows are totally anti gun. i believe that you can tell hollywood deffinetely has a hand in the shows. right-wing my butt.

law & order is addictive. having it on three different television channels doesn't help either. most of the laws cited, like the rules of evidence and courtroom objections, seem to be pretty accurate. however, i'm not sure how kosher the investigative techniques are.

I'll admit it; I LOVE Law & Order: SVU. Yes, it's totally predictable and formulaic at times, but it is entertaining and fun to watch. I have to agree that Munch is totally my favorite character :)

I'm anxious for next week's episode; I think Benson gets shot or injured in some way...I was just waiting for something to happen to write Benson out of the show while Mariska has her baby.

I grew up watching Law and Order... it's by-far one of my favorite time wasters. Really, growing up, it was a show that my entire family enjoyed. It's hard for me to find an episode on TNT that I haven't already seen. My favorite duo was Angie Harmon and Sam Waterston... because Angie is AMAZINGLY beautiful! By happenstance my dad met her in Lake Tahoe. The word he used to describe her was stunning. Lucky duck. ;)

angie.jpg

SVU needs more Munch. It's like the Belz shows up to give one or two random lines and vanishes for the remainder of the episode. I really think there should be more Finn-Munch episodes, I find they have better chemistry than Stabler-Benson. They've really killed Munch's character compared to how he was in Homicide: Life on the Streets.

The original L&O was best with Logan-Briscoe, although Logan-Cerreta (Paul Sorvino) had its moments. However, as good as Ben Stone was as Executive ADA, I prefer Jack McCoy.

L&O CI is usually fairly good, Goren's insanity can be pretty enjoyable to watch. Bringing back Logan was a pretty good move too, IMO.

Haha, I do like SVU, and i agree that it can be overly dramatic, sometimes predictable, and shit like that, but know what? I donnnnnne care.

Its addictive, and i like the whole crazy plot twist thing how it always gotta be some crazy-ass thing that unfolds and suprises you. Yea sometimes you can predict it, but sometimes you cant, and i enjoy it for that.

I reallllly hate Law n Order CI doe.

Everytime i watch it, i always see like the last 10 minutes cuz im waiting for SVU to come on, and it seems soooo much less realistic than SVU..Yea, SVU aint real as fuck either, but CI really seems more like a drama than a crime show.

Everytime, theres always some smartass line at the end, and its like the dramatic ending of a mystery novel or some shit. The woman is just a bitch, and the guy is pretty annoying too. They seem to play it up too much, make it too much like a soap opeara. Anyone else notice that or is it just me?

Maybe its just cuz i like SVU and theres a rivalry or some shit, lol, i dont know, and a CI fan would say the same abotu SVU, but i dont think so. theres just something about it that makes it less watchable.

That, and i hate it because they show gigantic blocks of CI of like 6 episodes in a row, on Bravo, and like one SVU on USA.

As much as SVU can repeat in ways at times , i still enjoy it enough to watch it anytime that im home at 7pm and aint doin shit. I have never got 'attached' to a TV show like that before either, lol. I mean, i watch south park, ATHF, and Reno 911 when its on. i AINT a fan of serious TV shows. but for some reason SVU just gets me.