• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: John Safran's Race Relations (AUS)

expothead

Bluelighter
The first episode was pretty confronting and the stealing (and sniffing) of underwear just seemed plain wrong...

But after last nights episode (Black, like me...) I think I'm becoming a convert.

Hats off to the balls John has to put himself in these situations that are both thought provoking as well as entertaining. I can't help feeling that he's making a shitload of enemies though - people that might feel he's taking the piss (which in many ways he is).

Last night's episode was pretty hard to watch, it's so awkward. But I still pretty much pissed myself the whole time. First episode was very funny too. I really like his work, he's nuts.

I love how John makes all of his content awkward. It's like a refreshing and something painful cleansing for the mind and soul. You know it's doing you good, even if it's hard to experience. :)

I'm a total 100% addict. I was subsisting on podcasts of Sunday night Safran up until this aired, and now I'm in Safran-heaven. :D

I'm loving it. Pretty sure the entire first episode was scripted though. The sperm bank thing was just a bit too malicious to think he actually did it and I'm sure if he did actually steal Pussycat Doll underwear and put it in a TV program he would have gotten his arse sued.

Yeh it's not a bad show =D

The episode where he was kissing all of his exs' mothers made me cringe so much though!!!! *shudders* Funnily enough none of them seemed to object, it was the ex-girlfriends that all thought it was gross 8)

I'm loving it. Pretty sure the entire first episode was scripted though. The sperm bank thing was just a bit too malicious to think he actually did it and I'm sure if he did actually steal Pussycat Doll underwear and put it in a TV program he would have gotten his arse sued.
I think quite a bit in all episodes is scripted.

Last nights episode showed what a completely obnoxious prick David Irving really is.

Great segment but! Safran's so funny. That and the shit about his dad's "nose job" were great. Elephant Man was good too.

Safran is one of the only Australian television personalities that I can stand. I'm really enjoying his latest effort. Not sure how much of it is real, if any - but it's light, entertaining and original. A nice refreshing change from the world of sitcoms.

I like it and I watch it every week, but it's not really about race or race relations. It's about John Safran first, and race second. Which is fine, but I think it's pretty light on overall, I wouldn't call it thought provoking.