• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Flight of the Conchords

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
I just don't "get it". Is this sort of like the US Office where it takes a few episodes to get into it? Does anyone like this show/band/music? Help. ;)

I enjoyed it right away, so I don't know if most people took a while to come around.

For what its worth, though, I just skip the songs (with the exception of "part time model", which reminds me of Debra) ;)

You skip the songs? I'm shocked.

The songs are far and away the best part of the show...apart from that the quality of the plot and dialogue is hardly good enough to sustain a 30 minute tv episode...it's all about the music.

In a sense it's the same idea as The Mighty Boosh. Stupid dialogue between two guys which is more like a stand up comedy duo act, interspersed with music which parodies every genre and concept in music ever in a very self effacing way. It's funny, I liked it right away.

I'm the Hiphopapotomous, my lyrics are bottomless,

Fucking love this show.

It's hilarious. And I agree with satricion...how the hell can you skip the songs? They're awesome.

If you don't skip "foux de fa fa", You deserve to have your music listeners license revoked. I didn't mean to say that the songs suck... I still like some of them:

part time model
the humans are dead
hiphopopotamus
she's so hot

But I'm well into my fifth viewings of all the eps. Parody songs get old fast to me. Tenacious D and Weird Al, too. I love the dead-pan delivery of the rest of the episodes, though.

they rock ... their manager's parts in the show do remind me of the original Office

Pander Bear said:
If you don't skip "foux de fa fa", You deserve to have your music listeners license revoked. I didn't mean to say that the songs suck... I still like some of them:

part time model
the humans are dead
hiphopopotamus
she's so hot

But I'm well into my fifth viewings of all the eps. Parody songs get old fast to me. Tenacious D and Weird Al, too. I love the dead-pan delivery of the rest of the episodes, though.

Well yeah I mean parody songs have zero re-listenability. Which is why I've watched all the episodes once but I'll probably never watch them again because once you've heard a joke song once that's it, it's the same joke next time you hear it.

I'm exceptionally fond of this show/duo. i have the complete first season. :)

I saw the Part Time Model clip at Bonnaroo in the cinema tent and I laughed until I cried. But, I've never watched the show all the way through so I can't really comment on the non-song parts. I do really like their live act.

I love Flight of the Conchords. However, it's starting to get old since every time my boyfriend gets high he HAS to play like every single song again and again on youtube and sing along and play guitar with it.

It's fun, like, just a few times. Not good enough to listen to over and over and over like stuff that's is just too fabulous to put down.

Ahh yeah, that’s right baby
Girl, tonight we're gonna make love
You know how I know baby?
Cuz its Wednesday, and Wednesday night is the night that we make love. Tuesday night is the night that we go and visit your mother, but
Wednesday night is the night that we make love.
Cuz everything is just right, conditions are perfect.
There's nothing good on TV, conditions are perfect.
You lean in close and say something sexy like " I might go to bed I've
got work in the morning." I know what you're trying to say baby.
You're tryin to say "Ooh yeah, it's business time, it's business time."

It’s business, it's business time!
J:That’s what your trying to say, your trying to say lets get down to business its business time.
Its business its business time

Thats what you're tryin to say, you're tryin to say lets get down to
business it's business time!

Ooh, Next thing you know were in the bathroom brushing our teeth.
That's all part of it. That's foreplay.
Then you go sort out the recycling, that's not part of it but it's still
very important.
Then we're in the bedroom. You're wearing that ugly old baggy
t-shirt from that team building exercise you did for your old work,
and it's never looked better on you.
Mmmhh, team building exercise not tonight. Oh you don't know
what you're doing to me. I remove my jeans but trip over them
cuz i've still got my shoes on, but then I turn it into a sexy dance.
Next thing you know I'm down to just my socks and you know
when I'm down to just my socks what time it is. It's time for
business. It's business time.

Its business, its business time
J:You know when I’m down to just my socks its time for business,
that’s why they call them business socks

You know when I'm down to just my socks it's time for business
that's why they call it business socks

Ooh, makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes.
When its with me you only need two minutes, cuz I’m so intense
Two minutes in heaven is better then one minute in heaven
You say sumthing like “Is that it?”
I know what your trying to say, your trying to say “Ahh ya that’s it”
Then you tell me you want some more
Well im not surprised, But im quite sleepy.

Its business, its business time
J: Business hours are over, baby
Its business, its business time.
[/I]

From the episodes of FOTC that I have seen, I have enjoyed about half, and the other half were just "eh." Very original show, but the humor doesn't always work.

I always thought the manager character was pretty funny, calling "band meetings" and all. :)

This show is best show I've seen in the last 10 years. I guess some people just don't get New Zealand humour. The album is also great. The songs make the show. There's some episodes where I can't stop laughing and grinning all the way through. Best one would have to be the racism episode and songs within. Runner up, the David Bowie episode.

my favorite running joke in the show (with the exception of murry and the kiwi promotional posters) is how little they like the aussies, and how much aussies suck. ;)

the 'bowie' episode was good, but other than that, it bores me
and im a new zealander....

is this an example of "new zeland" humour?

PS, I love the kiwis I know, but I was amused to no end when colbert called the country "diet australia" last night.

i think its fucking hilarious. i suggest getting very stoned prior to watching it, that might help.

I loved the show right away (including the songs-- the words crack me up), and it's one of the few things I watched on TV while I was in the US.

They are also great live. I think they are something different.

"Are you the answer to a drunken sailor’s lonely wish? Or are you an optical illusion caused by a woman sitting on a rock holding half a fish?"

:D <3

i saw the hbo special years ago and when the show came out i was slow toreact. it took a couple eps to love it but now its a part of my heart. i generally like the song versions in the show over the song versions in the live special.