⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: British television

alasdairm said:
^ do you have a schoolboy crush on felicity kendal?
i think all of us of a certain age did. i seem to remember squirming uncomfortably in my jammies but didn't know why. ;)

tribal girl said:
Can't say I've been watching it. Though in a similar vein, Celebrity Master Chef has been quite entertaining this time around. The only thing I can't stand are those smug looking twats that present it :|

mc4_johnandgregg_300x193.jpg
OMG! Totally!

I've been watching Professional Masterchef with Michel Roux, and last week there was this chef that dropped half of his parsnips on the floor... and they kept hovering over him and saying "come on, come on... are you gonna be ready? Are you? Will you be able to get this done on time? Are you? Will you be ready?"

If it was me, I'd have turned around and screamed: "I WOULD IF YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE AND LET ME FINISH, YOU SMUG FUCKS."

But then I realised that they're also the judges that decide who wins. Probably not a good idea to shout back at them.

I've only gotten into British comedy this year; the funniest I've seen so far is Father Ted.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned Phoenix nights but I thought that was pretty funny.

My alltime favorite sitcom though is Only fools and Horses.

Docter - " Do you have any trouble passing water?"

Del Boy - " I did have a funny turn going over Tower Bridge once."

Classic.

Father Ted is a personal favorite. Father Jack is ace! :D
And of course, I also like Filthy Rich and Catflap, Bottom, The Young Ones, Absolutely Fabulous, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers and I have probably forgotten some since there are so many great ones out there!
I might give My Hero a try. I love Ardal O'hanlon. Brilliant actor imo!

^ prepare to be massively disappointed then. by any standards, it's absolute shit. :(

Rod-Everrard said:
Jeremy Clarkson is a pure ass piece:D

He thinks he`s sooooo much funnier than he is, which is not very.

Imo of course.
i think he is absolutely hilarious. the hubs loves the show for the cars, but he is what makes it for me. we dvr every epi.

as for my fave brit shows, they would be ab fab and vicar of dibley

i saw another once a few years ago that i adored, but can't remember the name to save my life, and haven't seen it since. it was about a family with an odd son. that is all i can remember about it.

felix said:
^ prepare to be massively disappointed then. by any standards, it's absolute shit. :(
Hmm that's too bad. I really think Ardal did an amazing job at the Father Ted series.

meep-meep said:
Hmm that's too bad. I really think Ardal did an amazing job at the Father Ted series.
oh, he did. he was awesome in father ted, but the difference is father ted had brilliant writers, with subversive, bizarre, satirical and hilarious scripts, and an amazing cast.

my hero is just a generic, unfunny BBC1 prime time comedy, with a bunch of nonentities in the cast.

but hey, you might like it. see if you can download one or two episodes. :)

I hate the UK but like alot of things from it suprisingly, TV being one of them. Favorite show? Well there are many but one in particular comes to mind.

First...I live in the Philippines and my main home is out in the bush on Mindanao. Most of our neighbours do not even have electrcity let alone TVs and so when we watch, alot of people usually watch with us. There is maybe 20 or 30 Filipinos watching TV and I decide to have some fun. I put on my Little Britain DVDs, specifically all the skits involving the "Ting Tong" character.

Ting Tong is a mail order bride from Thailand who shows up unexpectedly at her internet romeo's flat in a London Estate (what Americans call "Projects). So all these people are watching something that interests them alot to say the least. Now I have obviously seen my own DVDs before so it was no suprise to me when Ting Tong is discovered peeing standing up, but you should have seen the faces in the room!!! It was priceless!!! I was afraid for a wee second that I might have to make a run for it!

Not a comedy, but since I've been here I've gotten hooked on:
Holby City
Casualty
*Hope Springs
*Mistesses
*Sure hate it though, when the series mysteriously stops.