• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Best comedy sitcom from the 70's?

China Rider

Bluelighter
I am torn between Sanford & Son, Good Times and All In The Family.

Hmmmm, think i'll take Good Times - JJ reminds of me of a character Dave Chappelle would play.

Three's Company

340x_3scompany.jpg

It's a toss-up between All In The Family and Three's Company.

I think Three's Company is slightly funnier. But All In The Family was a lot smarter. As much as it might seem that TV standards get looser and looser as time goes by, All In The Family is a show that could never, ever be made today. Maybe on cable but not broadcast TV.

Three's Company. That was the only comedy show I remember getting back here in the 70s. :)

the odd couple was absolutely my FAVORITE! i wasn't around in the 70's but growing up in the 80's i remember watching reruns of the odd couple and three's company. both amazing, but i always leaned more towards the odd couple, though nowadays, if i were to play trivia about them, i'd know more about three's company. seen it so damn many times! :)

Fawlty Towers

fawltypic8.jpg

There are a few episodes of this series which have become iconic. Especially the one when they have the german guests.

"Don't mention the war!"

All In The Family was the most important (as well as being one of the best-written, best-acted, decades-ahead-of-its-time) sitcom OF ALL TIME.

oh shit those really are awesome socks. i'm getting a major flashback looking at them; i didn't have those but had something really similar, and i can't remember what exactly was on them! dammit!

SOAP is by far my favorite.

Other than those previously already said, Hogan's Heroes and WKRP In Cincinnati

i'm going to agree with 'fawlty towers'. every episode (they only made 12) was 30 minutes of comedy gold.

alasdair