Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Dad

ehh. It wasn't too funny. There was nothing stand-out or unique about it. I may watch it one more time.

maybe if it was on a different channel or time or something. after you watch Family Guy it just can't compare. Has it's moments though

I'm not a big fan but I did appreciate the burning man reference in the latest episode :)

I actually laughed a lot at this latest episode. The wingman part was gold.

It's the first three episodes. Give it time to find a groove.

Ever watch the first few episodes of ST: Next Generation? Or CSI: Crime Scene Investigation? The characters were crude, badly acted cutouts. You cannot develop characters in three episodes.

If after a dozen episodes it hasn't caught your interest, then go ahead an cut it down.

For me the first one was terrible, the second better, and the third better still.

As for Futurama, for me the first season of Futurama was a waste of viewing time. Still is. I think it hit its stride in season 3. I think the single best episode was in Season 4, with the government refund cheque, and Fry's leap into the coffee state of overstimulation and serenity during the fire.

they just over did the whole paranoid cia agent thing, there is some good stuff in there but mostly they overdid it, then again maybe they'll learn

I think the show sucks ass, and I love Family Guy....it just doesn't compare...

The jokes are far more rapid-fire than Family Guy has been in it's new season. The first 3 family guys were honestly, really frigging boring, only the last 2 have been very good. It really does just keep getting better.

Only problem: Stan is the only funny character, really. The fish and the alien are just boring.

Yea I love Family Guy but I do have to say that I've been a little disappointed with the new season; the first 3 seasons were hilarious so I guess it had a lot to live up to. I've seen American Dad a few times and I absolutely hate it, the show just really annoys me. My boyfriend came home from a party really drunk on Sunday and just as the theme song to American Dad came on he started puking...I was thinking...yes, my sentiments exactly.

i'm just feelin pretty mixed on it...wanna see if it'll get any better...sometimes toons just need some time to get comfy. some things about it have really annoyed me, yet others i laughed so hard it hurt. so hopefully it gets better.

It's a hard sell.

The characters are all much more "out there". It's as if the personality control on the TV is cranked.

By contrast, the characters on Family Guy are much more real and subdued.

Personally, I'm sure I'm gonna like it just fine. Another couple episodes and I'll be comfortable with it. As long as it's right after Family Guy, I'll tune in for sure.

The only character that's a complete flop is the fish. Even the alien has good moments. Last episodes attempt to fly like ET with the bike was damn funny.

i like roger the alien, i think he's funny. stan is funny too. the rest of the cast is crap!
but i do find the show to be a bit funny. it's something to watch while i surf the web.

Family guy is sort of an engima, in that it seems as if seth mcfarline isn't really quite sure what to do with it. There's a lot of rapid fire situational comedy, but he's abstained from actually developing many of the charcters. It's sort of intresting to analyze all of the double entendre which surrounds the show.

This one definately needs some time to develop if it's ever going to become anything near the standards of classic family guy epsodies (The new season hasn't done much for me so far), but even in it's current state, it's an amusing puzzle to try and decipher.

Sorry to bump this but I have to say I really enjoy the show; my favorite character is Claus (the fish), he's really hilarious.
"Greedy, greedy Falco."
I think it's as good or maybe even better than Family Guy.

seriously, i love this show. it's like a regular sitcom, but with seth macfarlane's wacky-ness. i don't know what you guys are talking about. american dad is aweosme.

Well they have improved quite a bit from the first few episodes, the last one with all the lawrence of arabia references that made fun of islamic law and the musad (?) the religious police of saudi arabia. I was laughing my ass off the entire time until the unnessisarily long music number at the end.

In my list of favorites its..

Futurama/Family Guy = #1
King of the Hill = #2
American Dad = #3

If it keeps getting better it may just knock KOTH out of the running, but I doubt it, just too many classic king of the hill episodes...

I think that the entire existence of American Dad is an April Fool's and/or Emperor's New Clothes Joke.

I simply cannot entertain any other explanation for how the same human being can create arguably the most brilliant comedy in the history of television and also be responsible for creating such utter garbage as American Dad.

It's as if Michael Jordan spent one season in his prime moonlighting in the WNBA averging three points per game while getting consistently dunked on by white women.

It makes no sense.