Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Dad

I must say that I liked the first couple of episodes of American Dad, but after that, it just was all downhill.

The jokes are so similiar, along with the characters, but the storylines just don't seem to fit with the comedic value of Family Guy. Needless to say, I have no longer tuned in to see American Dad.

umm lets see, maybe a copycat of family guy? I think so!!!

Peter to Stan: Both have huge chins, looks like the creater took a scetch of Peter and just changed the hair a bit.

Instead of a talking Dog and Baby lets have a Talking Fish and Alien!!!! HOW ORIGINAL!
And they both have hottie wives, and "Liberal daughters"

Also, has anyone else noticed the cheap shots thus show takes at liberals, coming from the FOX NETWORK this doesn't suprise me.:/

Sorry for bumping this, but I just caught an episode.

I noticed (as everybody else seemingly has) the similarity to Family Guy... but are these two cartoons created by the same lead animators and writers?

If so... man, they really dropped a bollock on this one, didn't they? God, it's fucking abysmal. It's like...
Petersko said:
...the characters are all much more "out there". It's as if the personality control on the TV is cranked.
That's exactly what it feels like. It felt forced. Trouble is, it also came across like a committee-based comedy... the sort of trash that gets made as a result of executives sat around a desk, convinced that they're clever enough to come up with comedy gold based on wafer-thin cultural stereotypes.

The stupid fish was the most un-funny thing I've ever seen.

Wow everyone is paying out on this show...

I find it hilarious... Much better than Family Guy - which only became funny in season 3 and 4 anyhow. Even then the only characters in FG that I like are Stewie and Brian.

AD is over the top and pretty random but I find it total quality.

Some episodes have been good, but Family Guy is MUCH better. Also, they didn't air an episode this week. I wonder if they'll cancel it. I hope so, because Family Guy has been kinda shitty lately.

Shnouzerpuff said:
Wow everyone is paying out on this show...

I find it hilarious... Much better than Family Guy - which only became funny in season 3 and 4 anyhow. Even then the only characters in FG that I like are Stewie and Brian.

AD is over the top and pretty random but I find it total quality.

Not random... me thinks.
100% agreed.
It's like when you go straight to a punch-line without any hint of a joke.
It's like beatin' a joke up.
That's the spirit!
DVD's on couch on.

Watchin' it with Anchovies, Chips, White Castello, Spressa & Lot's O' Shi'raz,
'herb, totem's, an' SUPERMETH...

a few months ago they were showing it after the family guy and some weeks Family Guy was better, others American Dad. Overall Family Guy had morte consistent quality but fuck me, American Dad had some crackers: e.g. the Saudi Arabia episodes.

There are a few really great episodes like quiet roar mentioned the two-parter where they move to Saudi Arabia. They have all sorts of funny jokes about the religious police, one guy starts to sing and they shoot him. "No singing in saudi arabia". But for the most part, this show sucks ass.

i havent seen family guy- have it lined up as my next thing to watch- but i have seen american dad and i thought it was funny, reminds me a lot of the simpsons go cia- not as funny but still worth a viewing i thought

I found the show quite funny. It makes alot of fun of conservative American values etc. I've only seen a couple of episodes but, I thought they were pretty good.

The fish and alien are definently flops but. The daughter and son aren't really too funny but are a good parody on the young hippy and the kid whos tryin to be cool.

You got to look at it as more than just a comedy to appreciate it.

BeenArrested4Pot said:
bump

i just got the first season on DVD I got to say I'm starting to like this show.

I really like American Dad. I also really like Family Guy. I don't know which I like better but they are both great. I downloaded all the seasons of American Dad for the heck of it last summer and, like you BeenArrested, found myself really liking the show a lot more than I had anticipated.

One thing I like better about American Dad than Family Guy is that there aren't as many (if any) random, non sequitur references that have nothing to do with the rest of the plot, in order to get a quick laugh. The show has a constant stream of storyline with quite funny jokes and situations that work within the particular plots context.

On the other hand, Family Guy is Family Guy and it is classic and is the first!
Family Guy has Stewie, but American Dad has Roger (who makes my life worth living). At the end of the day I like them both and love watching them together on Sunday nights.

As a huge fan, i juz gotta show my love for this show. bought all the dvd seasons, it juz rocks. I like family guy 2 , but Stan is juz to funny for words. Probably the only show that makes me laugh really hard

I like the show but Roger is my least favorite character. I guess he opens up a lot of plotline possibilities b-cuz he's an alien. I want to get the 2nd season on DVD, I only have the 1st.

Gave this show time to get good but for me, it just never found its rhythm.