• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tussionex

mikemustang15

Bluelighter
Hey all. I was just prescribed 10/8 tussionex for a bad cold I have. The cold is pretty much gone. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how much of this I would need to take to be about to compare to 15mg of oxy.

I usually take 10-20mg of oxy at night. However I was wondering what of this cough syrup could compare. From what I see oxy is about 50% stronger than hydrocodone. So I am guessing if I take 20mg of tussionex it would equal 10mg oxy?

thanks

Yeah, that's about right. I'd say 15mg, i find oxy to be about 1.5x as strong but 15-20mg is accurate enough.

some people say its different. IME its the same high it just lasts a little longer. unless you have access to a lab to convert it to instant release sadly no.

I have read if you mix Tussionex into an electrolyte rich solution like Oralyte you may liberate the drug from the proprietary Pennkinetic delivery system but not sure on the veracity of this. I am sure someone with a better grasp on chemistry or pharmaceutics can shed some light on this.

I have read if you mix Tussionex into an electrolyte rich solution like Oralyte you may liberate the drug from the proprietary Pennkinetic delivery system but not sure on the veracity of this. I am sure someone with a better grasp on chemistry or pharmaceutics can shed some light on this.

No idea how that would even be done. You mean mix with a drink?

some people say its different. IME its the same high it just lasts a little longer. unless you have access to a lab to convert it to instant release sadly no.

You seem to know a lot so I have to ask. Have you ever taken tussionex and tramadol? I have tram 50s. Just curious

Yeah, pour the Tussionex into Oralyte or Gatorade. Again, not sure how true this is. It makes sense knowing how the CR mechanisms of Tussionex works but never tried and have done minimal research on it. I will see if I can dig anything up.

i have taken them both several times but not combined them. are you planning on taking the trams for recreation if so the seizure threshold is about 300mg so be careful. i found a good starting dose when my tolerance was low to be about 150mgs(3 of the 50s).

i have taken them both several times but not combined them. are you planning on taking the trams for recreation if so the seizure threshold is about 300mg so be careful. i found a good starting dose when my tolerance was low to be about 150mgs(3 of the 50s).

Yes most I've ever had was 2-1/2. So 125mg. I was just curious if ok to take with tussonex. Yes I mean recreationally.

i cant advise that you combine the two not just because of the fact that it would be counterproductive to HR but also because i never liked combing opiates.

what is the other drug?how much hydro per teaspoon and how much goofysein or chloro whatever per teaspoon

He said it's 10/8 Tussionex, which means that for every 10mg of hydrocodone he gets 8mg of chlorpheniramine, which is the equivalent of taking 2 coricidin. If he's taking 20mg of hydrocodone worth of Tussionex (10ml) then that's 16mg, and chlorpheniramine is a terrible drug, but I don't think that'd be harmful. It's also further complicated by the fact that it's time release, but I can't see it being a problem in the 10-20ml range. Max recommended dose of chlorpheniramine per day is 32mg, so even at 20ml (40mg hydrocodone/32mg chlorpheniramine) you'd be fine.