• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines ruin lives?

Perhaps one of them experienced a bad tryptamine trip and is now particularly against the stuff. You never know the history of somebody's drug-taking, of course threatening physical violence is never necessary either

^Nah, tryptamines ruined my life. That is if you consider being an unhappy, anxious mess a life. So I was gladly ruined :D The real risk involved in tryptamines is being overwhelmed by astonishment, to steal/paraphrase someone or other :D <3

To further paraphrase Mckenna, or whoever first said it, it doesn't matter... I'd say a LACK of psychedelic tryptamines in one's diet (in the proper balance of course) has ruined lives.

Tryptamines ruin lives? You need to tell them to write that quote down on a big peice of paper, bend over, shove it up their ass and set fire to it =D

These people sound pretty ignorant to me. They need to explain their thinking or shut up. And to threaten someone with violence for seeking a psychedelic? That is fucked up.

That being said, 5-meo-dmt is undoubtedly the tryptamine mostly likely to cause reactions of extreme terror.

There are several reports online from people who claim that upon closing their eyes at night for sleep they are shocked into total Fear, this being caused by a negative 5-meo experience.

I also know of a chemist (friend of a friend) who plugged 35 mg of 5-meo (incredibly stupid) and subsequently developed some kind of post-traumatic stress disorder; he's never been the same since.

My guess would be that someone among this group of people had a bad 5-meo experience, and now they're all carrying on like terrified, clueless peasants trying to find a witch to burn... 8)

I've plugged ~0,04 gr of 5-MeO-DMT and snorted around 0,03.

Plugged it lasted longer, but snorting it is definitly more intense. I can see how people would call snorting that much stupid (but hey, ++++'s are totally worth it), but plugging ~0,04 wasn't that intense, so no, it doesn't have to be incredibly stupid.

^This all with the freebase btw.

LSD changed my entire perspective on life for the better.... I'm a much happier person now....

They are powerful mind altering chemicals and should be respected. So far i have only seen the good side of them but i know the potential for an equally bad trip is still there... It can produce feelings of joy beyond imagination, i hope to never feel the fear, panic, and despair that goes beyond imagination.

These people sound pretty ignorant to me. They need to explain their thinking or shut up. And to threaten someone with violence for seeking a psychedelic? That is fucked up.

That being said, 5-meo-dmt is undoubtedly the tryptamine mostly likely to cause reactions of extreme terror.

There are several reports online from people who claim that upon closing their eyes at night for sleep they are shocked into total Fear, this being caused by a negative 5-meo experience.

Couldn't agree more. For me, 5-meo was the only drug that created an experience that may even be considered traumatic. Sometimes it's very undesirable to even describe how 5-meo made me feel. One time I tried remembering it, reliving it slightly.. and the feeling of desolation and terror was overwhelmingly intense.

Of course, every person reacts differently from a substance, and it might be selfish to try to stop others from trying out a drug you had the privillege or misfortune of trying, but 5-meo and, let's say Salvia, are far more likely to produce extremely discomforting trips than, for example, LSD, so So I can perfectly understand people who've had much worse experiences trying to do everything they can to prevent people close to them from likely experiencing something very traumatic and FAR from recreational or spiritual.

I believe that you can hurt yourself badly with 5-MeO-DMT. When I tried it I was under the impression that it was similar to classic psychedelics. But for me, and for many other people, it is primarily a dissociative, having more in common with ketamine and Salvia than LSD or PEA's. Mushrooms also have a dissociative edge for me and always give me anxiety. Dissociatives do not go well on my mind and I would have avoided 5-MeO-DMT had I known its true nature.

But I didn't, and I also had the misfortune of trying it in a time of emotional turmoil in my life.

It shocked me to the depths of my soul and marked me for months. I had mild derealization for a couple of weeks afterward. Now, I cannot say how much of it was from the drug and how much from my preexisting problems. Psychedelics usually bring your problems to the forefront and shove them into your face for you to confront and solve them. But if you have any baggage on 5-MeO-DMT, it won't give you a chance to solve it, it will smash it into your soul so violently that it may leave a charred scar there for a long time.

Nevertheless I don't believe 5-MeO-DMT to be worthless or evil. On the contrary, I believe it to potentially hold the most power of any substance save for Salvia. I see it as a litmus test for your soul. If you are happy, you will go to heaven. If you are not, it will send you to hell. Interestingly, some people have remarked that the two feel almost identical.

Depending on who you talk to, the words "ruined life" and "improved life" can designate the exact same thing.

I took a hit of ~20-25mg of home-purified 5-MeO-DMT once around 6 years ago--this, mind you, was only my second time using a psychedelic compound--and the experience was...thoroughly skullfucking. Was I ruined? Harmed? Quite the opposite: in the 15 minutes following my foul-tasting exhalation, I experienced a few of the most interesting hours of my life.

As for the 'though guys' wanting to kick the shit out of people who disagree with them: people who are assholes on drugs are just regular old assholes when they're not on drugs. By the same token, crazy people who take drugs don't become crazy due solely to the drugs, they're just crazy. These people are just using whatever compound they used and didn't particularly like as a scapegoat for intrinsic hothead jackass personalities and unstable psychical disposition. Just like a schizophrenic who takes a big dose of LSD and does some zany, batshit crazy stuff, is still schizophrenic in the absence of the drug.

Tryptamines seem to have the tendency to more often induce psychosis states at high doses (for some reason many of them can cause severe retrograde and anterograde amnesia at high doses, in which the subject can become terribly confused, delusional, and combative), though I've seen some pretty violent reactions to insane doses of psychedelic amphetamines before.

When I hear psychedelic amphetamine I think of meth psychosis and a heroic dose of mushrooms... Doesn't sound right

I think if they can save lives they can surely ruin them, deep drugs

ignorance kills people, not tryptamines. maybe ignorant people on tryptamines can kill people, though.

From what I seen;
if your not comfortably with yourself, secure and confident with a positive loving heart per-say; yes psychedelics, can mess with certain people in a negative way.

Psychedelics work very well with some people so yeah there will be people who have had bad experiences with it, and will discourage everyone form using them, theres really nothing you can say or do to change there minds.

But excessive use of anything can hurt you too. You have to give yourself time to intro-grate other wise you wont learn anything.

otherwise

For me, when I'm on acid I dont make smart decisions,
I've stolen a bike, and last time stole a dose from a best friend.

Sadly I've given up on this gem for the time being in hopes that in the future I will make wiser choices on it,

However phens make me go out of my for other people

^LSD contains both the tryptamine and phenethylamine structure- its an ergoline ;)

tell them that a stranger on an internet forum told you (and really meant) that
"tryptamines saved my life.
'saved' as in : if i hadn't taken ayahuasca i would be dead and would not be writing this right now"

^LSD contains both the tryptamine and phenethylamine structure- its an ergoline ;)

Wow.. see I just don't know my chemistry, but seems to me as the clear indicator as to why LSD is king. The best of both worlds!