• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamine doses, effects and bodyweight relationships.

black53

Bluelighter
Hi,

over at http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/716002-Are-we-dosing-tryptamines-wrong we have been discussing if the current tryptamine dosing guidelines are good or should we be including bodyweight. A lot of the ideas are discussed there, this thread is meant for as many people to write down their personal experience. For now we are limiting ourselves to the 4-ho and 4-aco tryptamines. I would also ask you to obey this format to make analysis of the results easier:

Name of drug:

Dose taken (in mg/kg):

ROA:

What kind of experience were you expecting:

What kind of experience did you achieve:

Additional comments:

Last edited:
And here one example on how to fill it out

Name of drug:4-aco-dmt

Dose taken (in mg/kg):0.23 mg/kg

ROA:nasal

What kind of experience were you expecting: +++ (you can also describe with words if the Shulgin scale doesn't feel adequate to you)

What kind of experience did you achieve: +

Additional comments:I'm on a SSRI (any other drugs should also be mentioned, huge meals right before, taking them multiple days per week, ...)

Last edited:
Also , it might be helpful for people to put in ACTUAL mgs done to get a relationship for mgs/kg versus mgs.

Name of drug: 4-aco-DMT fumarate

Dose taken (in mg/kg): 100mg=1.38 mg/kg @ 160lbs.

ROA: IM injection

What kind of experience were you expecting:++++

What kind of experience did you achieve:+++++++!

Additional comments: this was a bit much. Tripped balls but nausea was a problem...very close to high dose DMT visualwise...saw mantof the same beings only i had a couple of hours instead of a couple of minutes to interact.

I've done this dose several times, but after the 5th or 6th time at this level my tolerance went waaaay down, so that I only needed a small 40-50mg injection to get to, and beyond the same place. It got so bad that I have quit doing ANY acetylated tryptamines...it just got tooo fucking weird.

Last edited:
Instead of posting a couple of posts I have numbered and sorted every tryptamine trip I've done into one post.

Name of drug:
(1)4-AcO-DMT
(2)4-AcO-DiPT
(3)aMT

Dose taken (in mg/kg): (r=rectal, i=insufflated, assume oral otherwise)
(1) - 0.25 [15mg], 0.33 [20mg], 0.63 [38mg] , 0.6 [36mg]* (*Converted from truffles using weight and averages of that strain, obviously could range significantly from this value)
(2) - 0.15 [9mg]
(3) - 1r [60mg + a 30mg redose, ignored], 1.16r [70mg], 1.16r [70mg], 0.83 [50mg]

Male (60kg, 160cm, 12% Body fat. I feel this kind of info could be relevant)

What kind of experience were you expecting:
BL doses tend to exceed those of erowid, my research on these doses takes both of these sources into consideration and therefore my expectation altered with respect to these sources
(1) - v. light, light, ++++, strong
(2) - light with some head stuff
(3) - Common, Strong, Intense, Common

What kind of experience did you achieve:
(1) - common, intense, v. v. intense, recreationally strong - was still functional on 0.6 unlike the 0.63 this is truffle estimate though)
(2) - Tiny bit of bodyload/nausea nothing else.
(3) - These 4 were all pretty similar and only really differed due to set/setting and the previous experiences. The 1.16r was far more intense because we smashed our way through a lot of nos and weed. It was also the day after the first 4-AcO-DMT trip and an entire days work, didn't really seem to alter the experience at all.

Additional comments:
I can see how 0.45mg/kg is a decent target for 4-AcO-DMT especially since I expect the truffle dosage to be an exaggeration and probably closer to the 27mg value which would be my 0.45mg/kg for 4-OH-DMT
AMT while still a tryptamine is an odd one which can be excluded completely, in fact I'm almost sure somewhere around 1mg/kg or 60mg rectal for me that there's a ceiling dose.

I thought I'd done more tryptamines than this but unless my records are wrong, apparently not.
I've also excluded combos, but not with weed/nitrous because they were there almost every trip.

Perhaps ROA should remain consistent? Just a thought.

we don't all do our shit the same way...because I shoot and someone else snorts means one should be excluded?
maybe filling out a new questionnaire for each drug, instead of 3 or 4 at once, would be easier to follow.

just clearly state the roa

it's not like people are getting payed for this, i'm glad enough to get anyone willing to provide date

maybe there will be enough of it in the end that some trends become apparent, maybe not