• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to go clean

Lostbeebabe

Bluelighter
I shared my story a couple days and wanted to post again since I’m still feeling crappy and depressed. I had been taken 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride. Need to stop since it’s breaking the bank. My last was Monday and I have kratom and Xanax at hand. Along with loperamide. Normally I wake up day 1 not feeling great with the chills and cramps. This time I woke up feeling uncomfortable but it wasn’t that bad. Then day 2 I still felt old but nothing to what I am used to. It’s now Friday, so 4 days and I’m still not feeling better and almost more uncomfortable. I took some little chunks of Xanax here and there. I also took a couple g’s of kratom (only 2-3 times). I have zero motivational to get off the couch Bc my body hurts. Just wondering if you had any tips to get me feeling better quick! I normally have the chills and goosebumps and sweats. But this time it just feels like extreme uncomfortableness

I guess I should add that sometimes I’m feeling hot, then cold, then hot, cold, etc. but it’s pretty mild and I don’t have the goosebumps or sweats but some chills here or there

Sometimes the mild withdrawal symptoms are harder to cope with than the severe ones because they just go on and on. I have no experience with oxycodone, only heroin and methadone, but you're looking at at least 10 days of feeling like utter shit until it starts to get better. Then you only have the psychological addiction to deal with...

Oh no 10 days?! Ahh! Normally my withdrawal last around 5ish with the peak around 3. Eeek now I’m even more scared!!

should I take some kratom and loperamide? Or do those not mix well?

Any of the times that I’ve gone clean (from heroin) outside of a hospital has started with a taper for a few days (3-4) and to get through it I used gabapentin (when available), loperamide, kratom, passionflower, and kava. Sometimes 5-HTP. The kratom works really well but you have to keep taking it for about 7-10 days (in my experience) and the dosing has to be correct. Generally between 6-8 g of kratom every 10-12 hours worked for me. Hardly any chills or stomach/bowel issues and little else in the way of physical withdrawal. Slightly uncomfortable but nothing like just going cold turkey. Hang in there! It’ll be worth it once you’re clean!

Any of the times that I’ve gone clean (from heroin) outside of a hospital has started with a taper for a few days (3-4) and to get through it I used gabapentin (when available), loperamide, kratom, passionflower, and kava. Sometimes 5-HTP. The kratom works really well but you have to keep taking it for about 7-10 days (in my experience) and the dosing has to be correct. Generally between 6-8 g of kratom every 10-12 hours worked for me. Hardly any chills or stomach/bowel issues and little else in the way of physical withdrawal. Slightly uncomfortable but nothing like just going cold turkey. Hang in there! It’ll be worth it once you’re clean!

Did you end up going through a kratom withdrawal after that?

I shared my story a couple days and wanted to post again since I’m still feeling crappy and depressed. I had been taken 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride. Need to stop since it’s breaking the bank. My last was Monday and I have kratom and Xanax at hand. Along with loperamide. Normally I wake up day 1 not feeling great with the chills and cramps. This time I woke up feeling uncomfortable but it wasn’t that bad. Then day 2 I still felt old but nothing to what I am used to. It’s now Friday, so 4 days and I’m still not feeling better and almost more uncomfortable. I took some little chunks of Xanax here and there. I also took a couple g’s of kratom (only 2-3 times). I have zero motivational to get off the couch Bc my body hurts. Just wondering if you had any tips to get me feeling better quick! I normally have the chills and goosebumps and sweats. But this time it just feels like extreme uncomfortableness
can you score some gabapentin or pregabalin(lyrica)? that WOULD HELP IMMENSELY and when you take the loperamide go for 16mg doses.

can you score some gabapentin or pregabalin(lyrica)? that WOULD HELP IMMENSELY and when you take the loperamide go for 16mg doses.
unfortunately I don’t think I can. I first started on oxycodone for a surgery and the recovery took longer than expected so then when it was time to come off, I felt miserable, got some more from a friend and then found out my bud guy also had them so you know how that goes! No one knows about it as I typically keep it at bay so I don’t really have any doctors to go to for that stuff unfortunately.

unfortunately I don’t think I can. I first started on oxycodone for a surgery and the recovery took longer than expected so then when it was time to come off, I felt miserable, got some more from a friend and then found out my bud guy also had them so you know how that goes! No one knows about it as I typically keep it at bay so I don’t really have any doctors to go to for that stuff unfortunately.
how much loperamide u taking? btw ur coming off 10mg right? i've gone from an 80mg 3 month habit cold turkey, that shit was horrible i felt awful for 2 weeks and took like 2 months to get back to normal. the duration of the withdrawal also depends on how long uve been taking em not just doses and frequency, can u specify that so i can guess somewhat to what degree ur gonna have to tough this out?

Is using kratom prolonging the withdrawal? I didn’t taper, I went cold turkey and the first 48 hours or so I was feeling fine. Now it seems like my symptoms are just getting worse. More hot flashes, some sweats and chills, wanting to crawl out of my skin. I think I’ve taken 3 doses of kratom ranging about 3-4 g’s at a time, I just want to make sure the kratom isn’t prolonging this withdrawal.

Is using kratom prolonging the withdrawal? I didn’t taper, I went cold turkey and the first 48 hours or so I was feeling fine. Now it seems like my symptoms are just getting worse. More hot flashes, some sweats and chills, wanting to crawl out of my skin. I think I’ve taken 3 doses of kratom ranging about 3-4 g’s at a time, I just want to make sure the kratom isn’t prolonging this withdrawal.
if you felt fine the first 48 hrs your dependance isn't that big, dude i used to shoot up 100mg of morphine daily up intil 3 months ago. I couldn't go on more than 16 hrs without a shot i'd start sweating profusely, diarrhea, aches, by the 48 hr mark i'd be puking bile if i was going cold turkey. Imo just take loperamide in big doses instead of kratom, kratom is an opioid too. How much lope u taking?

how much loperamide u taking? btw ur coming off 10mg right? i've gone from an 80mg 3 month habit cold turkey, that shit was horrible i felt awful for 2 weeks and took like 2 months to get back to normal. the duration of the withdrawal also depends on how long uve been taking em not just doses and frequency, can u specify that so i can guess somewhat to what degree ur gonna have to tough this out?
My dose and frequency would change depending on my money and the availability but typically I’d take anywhere from 30-80mg in a day and that lasted for about 3 months as well, with breaks in between. I’ve used kratom to help with the withdrawals but always go back to the Oxy when it’s around. But I have to stop. It’s killing my finances, making me not want to do anything or socialize, esp when going through withdrawal. The weird thing about it this time, is that I didn’t start feeling bad until about 48 hours after my last dose. Typically it sets in for me within 12-24 hours. I was hoping I got lucky somehow but this uncomfortable feeling really sucks! I haven’t taken any lope yet. I’ve just been using a mix of kratom and Xanax. Should I try the lope? Would it interact badly with kratom? I also have some added talk too

My dose and frequency would change depending on my money and the availability but typically I’d take anywhere from 30-80mg in a day and that lasted for about 3 months as well, with breaks in between. I’ve used kratom to help with the withdrawals but always go back to the Oxy when it’s around. But I have to stop. It’s killing my finances, making me not want to do anything or socialize, esp when going through withdrawal. The weird thing about it this time, is that I didn’t start feeling bad until about 48 hours after my last dose. Typically it sets in for me within 12-24 hours. I was hoping I got lucky somehow but this uncomfortable feeling really sucks! I haven’t taken any lope yet. I’ve just been using a mix of kratom and Xanax. Should I try the lope? Would it interact badly with kratom? I also have some added talk too
DUDE IF IT WASN'T FOR LOPE I WOULD STILL HAVE A NEEDLE IN MY ARM right now lol. LOPERAMIDE is a must in my wd survival essentials kit, take 20mg(10 pills when u feel u can deal with it anymore. it takes like 4-6 hrs to kick in and it helps so much. It helps with every single symptom not justdiarrhea, only take it the first 3-4 days then stop it so u dont wd from it.

wait till the kratom wears off, take the lope and stop taking kratom.

If I took some kratom this morning around 9am, how long do I need to wait? Also how often should I take the lope? Once a day? I also have adderrall. Will that help?

Last edited:
if you felt fine the first 48 hrs your dependance isn't that big, dude i used to shoot up 100mg of morphine daily up intil 3 months ago. I couldn't go on more than 16 hrs without a shot i'd start sweating profusely, diarrhea, aches, by the 48 hr mark i'd be puking bile if i was going cold turkey. Imo just take loperamide in big doses instead of kratom, kratom is an opioid too. How much lope u taking?
Lope is an opioid as well... it just doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier easily. The difference in taking big doses of lope vs kratom is the lope will kill you much faster than the kratom as far as single doses are concerned.

I have no clue about Oxy. Can anyone give me a rough comparison as to how much methadone a 10mg oxy would equate to?

So it’s been about 6 days since my last dose (10mg oxy, normally would take 6-8 for about a month. Gone through this before unfortunately but feeling different this time) As I said earlier, first 2 days were pretty much fine (just lethargic and slightly uncomfortable) but as the days have been going on, I feel like my symptoms are getting worse. No appetite, wake up freezing in sweat, change shirts, then do the hot-cold turn throughout the night. I have taken kratom and Xanax a couple times to help with the uncomfortableness, mainly the hot/cold chills and sweats. I have loperamide but idk if it’s safe to mix with kratom in my system. I also don’t want to get physically dependent on kratom (my doses are normally 3-4gs once or twice a day)

any help or suggestions would be great! How much longer should I expect these symptoms? I can’t believe I felt fine the first 2 days and then it’s been getting worse. Never had it happen that way before. I really appreciate all the help and support!

So it’s been about 6 days since my last dose (10mg oxy, normally would take 6-8 for about a month. Gone through this before unfortunately but feeling different this time) As I said earlier, first 2 days were pretty much fine (just lethargic and slightly uncomfortable) but as the days have been going on, I feel like my symptoms are getting worse. No appetite, wake up freezing in sweat, change shirts, then do the hot-cold turn throughout the night. I have taken kratom and Xanax a couple times to help with the uncomfortableness, mainly the hot/cold chills and sweats. I have loperamide but idk if it’s safe to mix with kratom in my system. I also don’t want to get physically dependent on kratom (my doses are normally 3-4gs once or twice a day)

any help or suggestions would be great! How much longer should I expect these symptoms? I can’t believe I felt fine the first 2 days and then it’s been getting worse. Never had it happen that way before. I really appreciate all the help and support!
Go for loperamide, ditch the kratom. Youll thank me later 16mgs should be enough to help every 24hrs just take it for 3 days.