View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying dxm for first time *450 mg*

BrokenIce

Greenlighter
So I am trying dxm for the first time at my buddy's house next weekend. We are planning on taking 450 mg each *on an empty stomache* and we both weigh around 120 lb. We are going to take them at night time when his parents are asleep but the problem is his parents room is right next to his and they can pretty much hear everything. My main concerns are them hearing one of us throw up, which we are trying to avoid by not taking the liquid and doing the gel capsule's. Are you still as likely to throw up with the capsule's? and when you puke is it a lot of puke or just a little bit? also when we are tripping will we be in control of staying quiet so they cannot hear us?

The usual rules apply....don't trip in a situation like that. If its not allowed, then it isn't. If you have to stifle and supress then you are hindering the freedom to experience. Save it for when it is kosher.

Those rules apply very much to psychedelics. Also to dissociatives like DXM but I think it is a little different: on dissociatives you tend to feel removed from reality, from your surroundings and from what's going on. Also not the same things tend to bother me anymore. On psychedelics tripping in secret is a double no-no (thats 4 no's! :p) because being so unfree has very amplified frustrating effects which can have all sorts of bad and anxious effects on the trip, some of which may get projected. On dissociatives this in my opinion is true too but in a more minor manner depending on the headspace you are in (there are varying dissociatives).

However on dissociatives there is instead another issue: you may be less aware of what you are physically doing including the noises you make and other things, or you may experience it very differently. This can make it hard or impossible to hide what's going on if things really get that bad (if you really make that much noise or if all noises are really that audible to others - it may not even be from puking but from just speaking or making random sounds because you aren't quite aware of what's going on - thing talking in your sleep).

10% of white people naturally have an enzyme deficiency that makes DXM significantly more potent to them. It is therefore recommended against taking more than 300 mg the first time just in case you are one of these people. It's not a racist thing, lol, but a genetic one... other races may have higher or lower prevalence of this deficiency.

You should really find a better opportunity if you don't want to risk getting caught and/or having messed up experiences. We've all been young and sometimes opportunities better than this one are nowhere in sight... so if you are taking the risk I'd personally keep it reasonable and start off with 300 mg. It's not (never actually) a pussy thing to do but a smart thing. Idiots get caught or get too fucked up because of overconfidence, but if you have a little patience and take it easy so that you can learn how to properly manage it, on the long term you can get the good kind of fucked up because you can use your experience to make proper decisions. That seems like a win-win to me, or even a double win-win. (Plus: you lower your chances of puking - with 300 mg you actually have an OK chance not to puke hard)

Oh boy, I'm late but certainly a bad idea.
If you're gonna have to act sober on dxm in ANY way (even only in an auditory way) it won't work well. Also, parents in the house is also bad. Wait until a better time next time.
P.S. Gelcaps won't help with nausea. You'll vomit either way most likely. Dxm makes you nauseous because of the disorienting effects. Hope you had fun though!!

But hey maybe thats how ya learn, everyone I know once had the bright idea of tripping secretly with parents home, awake or asleep. It NEVER ends well.

I haven't done DXM since I was like 15, but I remember I'd usually drink a whole bottle of Vicks 44 or something similar, which was around 250mg I think. That had me completely couch locked, so 450 mg especially for a first time sounds like way too much.