• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Truth About Tramadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodle448

Bluelighter
Earlier this morning, I saw a tweet in my Twitter feed with a link to an article. The article was titled "Prescription painkiller Tramadol "claiming more lives than any other drug’". I've done my fair share of Tramadol. From when I was younger and had barley any experience with Opiates, I would take it to get high, to when I would also use it occasionally when I would be withdrawing from opiates and I couldn't afford Kratom. One of my friends always had a script for it, and she was always willing to give me some. I have never once read anything like this before. I always research a drug for at least one week before I do them for the first time. I will also continue to do research and read about a drug until I can't find anymore new information, and I have never heard of Tramadol being that deadly. The only dangers I've ever read about with Tramadol, were that you have to be cautious of how much you take and what you mix it with because it can cause seizures. Is there something that I'm missing, or is this article just a bunch of bull? I will provide a link to the article at the bottom of this post.

http://www.itv.com/news/utv/update/2016-10-06/prescription-painkiller-claiming-more-lives-than-any-other-drug/

New Bluelighter, Welcome.
UTFSE! Hem, Tramadol is known to cause seizures within a commonly prescribed range. A small population can get completely strung out on the effects that Tramadol provides. This is rare and can be prevented by a person simply educating themselves with real facts and information from places with real reports from smart people, like Bluelight.

I smoked a bowl of potent bud with an army medic. So we talked about super cool stuff, like the fact that some of the special forces guys from different countries have sat around and smoked dank together.

Anyway, he mentioned that tramadol was the widest opiate prescribed while serving in Afghanista,. Since the person was taking it only for pain, it took care of things like back pain and general pain from combat effectively and gets the solder back on his feet quicker.

Tramadol is not a safe medicine to take incorrectly but IMO, not a horrible med, besides it works for real people.
There are some facts that you can't look past, but Tramadol is alright if used in a safer then prescribed dose range and the least amout possible.

Last year, 33 deaths in Northern Ireland were linked to Tramadol.
I'm sure way more people died due to alcohol

but the danger rises when users mix it with other drugs or alcohol.
Can be said about most drugs, including other opioids, benzos etc.

The opiate-based drug
It's an opioid, as it's not an alkaloid of the poppy plant nor is it semi-synthetic

He wants Tramadol to be upgraded again, this time to Class A
What about upgrading alcohol or benzos to Class A ? Just stupid

Yes tramadol is dangerous when you take more than 300mg as it increases the risk of seizures and withdrawal can be even worse than normal opioid withdrawal as you simultaneously suffer from opioid and SNRI withdrawal, but if you use correctly and if doctors would tell you the risks and stop thinking that it's safer/doesn't cause addiction etc there wouldn't be that much of a problem.
Every drug comes with a risk and yes tramadol has dangerous ones, but there are advantages to other opioids as the SNRI component can help people suffering from pain that no normal opioid can alleviate as much as tramadol can. Plus if tramadol is upgraded into Class A, what other options are left ?
Imo they should be more worried about alcohol and nicotine or fentanyl derivates.

Tramadol is not a safe medicine to take incorrectly but IMO, not a horrible med, besides it works for real people.
Tramadol is alright if used in a safer then prescribed dose range and the least amout possible.

Yes, it is a weak opiate to be used within the prescribed dose range.
If it's not enough for you, you have to switch to a full opiate or stay where you are.

moderate pain-> tramadol, codeine
severe pain-> morphine, fentanyl, etc

To take more and try to promote tramadol to a full blow opiate is a junky move and it is unsafe.

The truth about tramadol is that it is completely worthless. It is what doctors prescribe to people who have pain issues but they think will be prone to abusing any real opioids they prescribe them.

Even when I had no tolerance, no amount of tramadol caused any kind of discernible effect. I personally class tramadol below codeine for weakest opioid.

The truth about tramadol is that it is completely worthless. It is what doctors prescribe to people who have pain issues but they think will be prone to abusing any real opioids they prescribe them.

Even when I had no tolerance, no amount of tramadol caused any kind of discernible effect. I personally class tramadol below codeine for weakest opioid.

I've worked with pain patients with no prior history of drug abuse, who were prescribed tramadol and more often than not, it worked well for them. So no, it's not what doctors prescribe to people they'd consider prone to abusing "real" opioids.

I put tramadol beyond oxycodone and codeine recreationally. Funny how opinions vary, ain't it? Tramadol isn't your usual opiate/opioid high, but that doesn't make it useless.

It's worthless for you (probably a gene mutation of the CYP2D6 enzyme, making you a slow metabolizer), but there are enough people out there getting pain relief from it..

To the OP. That was just for the fake opioid epidemic. Pay it no heed.

About Tramadol: Tramadol is prescribed for dogs (not a disease called dogs, but actual dogs with post-op and other pain). It worked incredibly well for my dog, who used to climb trees, but had an adverse event when I wasn't there. I think a neurotic dog sitter freaked out and tried to get him down. Anyway, if he moved his head wrong he'd cry out in pain, so the vet prescribed Tramadol, which got him through it, Then when my neighbor had a neck injury, I foolishly gave the leftover to him. He'd been dorked around by a chiropractor for weeks and gotten nowhere. He said they made him very pleasantly groggy and tired, but maybe too much so. They also worked on the pain.

Now, for Part 3. I had a bad time coming off transdermal Ritalin and Effexor, both prescribed, each by a crazy doctor, and had read on
:([wikipedia]:( that Tramadol could ease withdrawal. Someone had kindly added "but it could make it worse." Someone even kinder deleted it since them, but others had copied and pasted into blogs where it lived on. I was nervous, somewhat fanciful, paranoid and very ineffective at everything before I took a Tramadol, but after I took it, I was halfway to Scott-Stapp-like stages of the bad crazies within an hour, and also physically wobbly.

I informed my hapless handyman, who had sort of become my caregiver by then, that I HAD to go to Best Buy (and would he please drive) because I HAD to get my computer fixed under warranty, because I HAD to make an American-English-accented audio recording for a fervent anti-NATO Ukrainian I'd selected on Facebook as the most CIA-attracting person I could friend for no reason. But first I had to angrily ask a neighbor I'd never met whether he was cutting branches off my oak tree, which he angrily denied, and then angrily asked me why I had accused him, which I denied, angrily, because I had only asked.

Even though I'd had the ASUS 31 days and the hardware warranty was for 30, and didn't cover cracked screens anyway, and especially not when you broke it yourself by closing it over a rock hard e-cig, and you had mistakenly bought GeekSquad when you bought the ASUS, because [and this part is true]you weren't offered a real extended warranty, and thought GeekSquad covered hardware, whereas it covers software, which you don't need help with.

I DEMANDED that BestBuy fix it then and there, which went about as far as the unpleasant conversation with my neighbor. So I HAD to buy a open-box Mac, but before that obligatory purchase, my left leg kind of buckled and I felt as though I was going to collapse, and I did, after limp-staggering out of the store like an idiot with a very heavy, non-working ASUS ROG making it that much harder to walk.

The next day I maintained composure long enough to buy an iPad at Target, but I was so frizzled that I couldn't read in an nice, even narrators voice as I had done on the first few assignments.

For the next few days I was not right in the head, or physically. I stayed home and drank Mexican chocolate with crushed red peppers and cinnamon, and swilled hemp oil.

Tramadol is a sketchy drug..I could take 400mg easy and my friend was rushed to hospital after a seizure on 400mg..its hit or miss

Tramadol is more enjoyable for the opiate nieve person. In prison it's a pretty popular drug as most inmates have zero tolerance to opiates, and they get pretty high. Including myself

I've just been prescribed tramadol to handle break through pain related to Trigeminal Neualgia. I prefer codeine because I enjoy the cosiness that codeine provides. An extra layer of care when dealing the pain. Like a little cuddle from your mummy.
I took my first 50mg of tramadol last night and it made my face feel the way it does when I get stoned. Kinda tingly and a bit warm. My eyes felt mildly-stoned-heavy too. I couldn't really understand what it was supposed to be doing. It didn't fully clear my headache and gave me a bit of tight chest.
Weird.
I took 100mg tonight along with 2mg diclazepam, and that was a bit better. I felt more chilled but still had that weird warm stoned tingly face feeling.
I don't know what to make of tramadol. My GP suggested methadone if tramadol doesn't help. This is unprecedented for my GP surgery. I might pounce on that offer

I am a former heroin addict, and I must say that given all the different opiates I have abused over the past 16yrs, I feel tramadol does work to pain and I personally think they are strong pills also. I'm currently on tramadol now for pain in my right leg due to getting hit by a car and having metal rods in my leg, and yes tramadol was given to me by my doctor instead of something stronger because he os aware of my prior opiate dependency issues. I don't got a problem with tramadol at all.

I've just been prescribed tramadol to handle break through pain related to Trigeminal Neualgia.
My GP suggested methadone if tramadol doesn't help. This is unprecedented for my GP surgery. I might pounce on that offer

You GP smoke weed and then give this advices?
Opiate usually are not effective for TG
And for break through pain you have to use a short acting opiate ( fentanyl lollipop), whereas methadone is the longest acting ( and becuase of this give pretty easily a stron phisical addiction)
steer clear of methadone!

You GP smoke weed and then give this advices?
Opiate usually are not effective for TG
And for break through pain you have to use a short acting opiate ( fentanyl lollipop), whereas methadone is the longest acting ( and becuase of this give pretty easily a stron phisical addiction)
steer clear of methadone!

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna steer clear for sure. 100mg tramadol and a little edible weed is doing the trick now.

I was heavily addicted to tramadol. Towards the end of my use i was eating 10 every morning and it was just making me feel normal. I got very lucky i didnt end up having a seizure.
Withdrawal from it was absolute hell. I had to deal with physical AND mental symptoms. And it took me 3+ weeks to feel even remotely normal. And scared me to the point that i refuse to use any opiates for more than 3 days now and with long breaks in between.
I know a lot of people say it's weak, and that may be true for pain management. However, doctors are so naive to the abuse potential of Tramadol and hand them out like skittles because "at least you're not asking for percocet". This was actually said to me by my last quack.
ANYWAYS, I would stay the fuck away from that shit.

I just want to confirm again that it is NOT safe for me to take Tramadol while on Lexapro (an SSRI) RIGHT??

Cause I've never had ANY trouble combining my Lexapro with Oxy, Hydro, Codeine, Kratom, Kratom extract, etc, but none of those are SNRIs right??

I have access to Tramadol and would take it IF I COULD, but I'm almost sure it could lead to serotonin syndrome.

Just checking again.

Last edited:
I just want to confirm again that it is NOT safe for me to take Tramadol while on Lexapro (an SSRI) RIGHT??

Cause I've never had ANY trouble combining my Lexapro with Oxy, Hydro, Codeine, Kratom, Kratom extract, etc, but none of those are SNRIs right??

I have access to Tramadol and would take it IF I COULD, but I'm almost sure it could lead to serotonin syndrome.

Just checking again.

Ya it's really not worth the risk. SS is no joke

Status
Not open for further replies.