• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

True Romance most similar to what Hitchcock film

tackyspiral

Bluelighter
Ok so i am in a film studies class and I have to write a paper somehow relating to Hitchcock
I know Tarantino gets some inspiration from Hitchcock and I would maybe like to do a compare and contrast between True Romance and one particular Hitchcock film (any decade)
what do you guys think?
what Hitchcock film would work the best ?

^
In what way?

That's a hard question. I watched True Romance for the first time within the last few months and the same for North by Northwest, The Man Who Knew Too Much, and Vertigo. The only other Hitchcock movies I've seen are Psycho, The Birds, and Rear Window and I can't really think of how any of them would relate to True Romance. I'm only thinking in terms of plot though and I'm a little bit too tired to recall those movies for similarities. Out of those few Hitchcock movies I've seen I would agree with MrGrunge and say North by Northwest or possibly The Man Who Knew Too Much.

Well, it's been awhile (about 8 years) since I've seen North by Northwest, but 'A Man and his Love Interest Pursued by Hostile Agents' is an applicable summary for both films, yeah? Seems like the safest option to me. The thing with Film Studies class is that whatever film you pick doesn't matter as much as your ability to construct a believable thesis around the topic. If you're clever enough you could probably even compare it to The Birds or Strangers on a Train (which I don't advise, for the sake of your grade).

I'm honestly not that familiar with Hitchcock films - I've seen a few but none have left any real impression on me, which is probably a generational thing.

It does seem like a good option... but i dunno its not my fav hitchcock movie by any stretch (I admit I fell asleep before I saw the very end) and if i didnt really like the movie it becomes more difficult to write about

I havent seen all the movies but off the top of my head The 39 Steps might work too

Or maybe Notorious.... despite all odds the couple makes it kinda thing