Tripping People Out with Glowsticks...Any Cool Tricks?

E-Head?

Bluelighter
Thought I would start a cool thread...I love tripping people out and playing with sticks when I'm rollin...anyone got any cool personal tricks that they wanna share? Basically I do whatever I feel but I love to fix the sticks right in front of peoples' eyes with the ends of the sticks facing them (so its looks like a quarter sized piece of light) and vibrating them slightly while I move them closer...and then closer and past their head and when I pass their head I blow in their face and afterwards I come back around their head circling on both sides...and continue to do whatever...
I just read the thread on people's favorite colors/combinations...got me excited...
Also does anyone know where you can pick up those key chain lasers that flash Blue and Green and different lasers of color?
Late...

I got a pai rof these glasses kinda look like that guy on Star Trek. They make everything refract and appear nine times. We made everyone try them out at The
Millenial Dawn they all loved them-- the laser light show was the best. Think we found them at The Discovery Channel Store at the Mall. Thik I got a pic of them in the thread "Posting pictures in a thread, how do I do it". Chect it out.
------------------
~DANK~

heeh i LOVE those glasses!!!! 5 bux and its so worth it!!!
me personally, i love doing figure 8's with my glowstix, and whirlin my hands fast to make a globe of light that goes all around, then BOOM explodes into a frenzy of movement.. cheap, easy, effectve hehe
GrimmE

Sorry things have gotten off the topic but those glasses ARE phat! Over Christmas I was surprised to see that my Mom bought those for my 7 year old cousin! She's trying to get him started early I guess
biggrin.gif
All I could think was, "Damn, I gotta get some of those!"
------------------
Everybody thinks I'm high... and I am

the BEST thing to do with stix:
have the person lay down, (or lean against the wall) and stare straight at the stix...
hold them by the ends so you've got them looking at the length of the stix... and just go mental with them, do whatever feels right... and THEN, when yer about to finish off, and let them up,
move the stix in a cylyndrical motion, faster and faster, like a wheel, hand over hand... (I hope yer getting this)
it just looks frickin insane...
it's a total visual rush...
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

This might seem kindof simple, but I just tie three of them to a string on each hand and twirl/spin them around. Its pretty basic, but I like it.
I bought one of those lightning plates, and a fiber-optic flower at Spencers and they work really well at afterbars. My friends told me that decoration my house with trippy things is a sign of a drug problem. I don't think it a bad problem
wink.gif

Oh yeah, on Halloween I cut a couple of glowsticks open, stripped naked, and smeared them all over my body at an afterbar.
Hey, that gives me an idea for a new thread
------------------
You can't always get what you want...but if you try somtimes, you just might find, you'll get what you need

As I mentioned in another post, one of the greatest things about parties (for me) is the act of giving people lightshows. I LOVE dancing with sticks and it never fails...people always ask me for shows. (I am not bragging...only sharing.)
I have several combination moves that I do but it's hard to call them "tricks." It all depends on what the music is doing...that's the key to a really cool show. Knowing when a break is coming (breaks are changes in 4/4 music that occur every 16 and 32 beats)...being a DJ helps know how to dissect a track while listening to it.
smile.gif

I always like to vary the speed and action of the sticks. It also depends on how hard somebody is rolling/tripping. If I see that they're GONE, I do a lot of up close visuals but if they're "normal" I do all sorts of moves all around my body and head/face.
I always end one of my shows with a "signature move. I'll wind the sticks back (regardless of motion...figure 8s, circles, liquid...) and then RUSH them right up to and past the person's face/eyes and blow on their face at the same time the sticks are just passing their cheeks. So it's a complete blackout with a rush.
smile.gif

Cool thread.
smile.gif
I wish we could have a video or contest of just different dancing styles with sticks and liquiding. Doesn't have to be filmed at a rave...just find a bunch of dancers that are really beautiful and original...slap them on tape and dub up some copies...I for one would REALLY enjoy that for both education reasons and a great video to play in the background at house parties.
smile.gif

Later,
Jim

a video would be phat....
i always think about that..
also, the glo-stisk at walmart...in the hunting department. are fuckin BRIGHT ASS YELLOW and they glo for about 12 hours hard...
anyone has a vidoe let me know..i wanna see it..
plur
[This message has been edited by raversxstacy (edited 13 January 2000).]

Yeah, definately knowing where the music is going rather than just following it is vital.....also, stopping during a big drop & reversing the motion always gets smiles...don't be predictable...get a connection w/the person you're doing this for, like staring at their eyes....lastly, tag teaming someone is awesome!
My best friend & I (we're both girls), tag teamed a guy, while I gave a lightsthow, she would suck his fingers...I'll never forget the expression on his face!

I love sticking so much...its really an artform. If I'm rolling really well I really am able to develop an unspoken connection with the music...the sticks...and the person I'm tripping out (if Im trippin someone out)...sometimes I really do some awesome shit that truly astonishes me and I really start to trip myself out...its almost like Fantasia or something when the gloves start moving on their own =). Almost like my hands and the sticks are seperate from me even though I'm controlling them...I just start and they seem to take life...god I love it. Its just so amazing how alive the sticks can seem...especially while liquiding which I'm still practicing...sometimes I find myself getting too caught up in the whole glowtstick thing when I rave though...
I really love doing closed forearm fig. 8s into wrist fig 8s into liquid or around the head...or down the body...it just looks so bomb...
I can't talk about this it seriously gets me to excited...I wanna go buy some right now and chill in front of my mirror...
Late...

I love to dance with the stix. i reallly go along with the beat. if the beat slows, i slow down, if it starts doing some really wierd stuff, so do i. But theres one move that i really love to do that some one did to me and noe i do it all the time. It works the best on someone whos really gone. Hold the stix upright (like the cuorser(sp??)on your screen)both right next to each other and do some what ever kind of stuff but KEEP THEM TOGETHER, that to get the person in that kind of mode so to speak.
You follow?
Then suddenly, bring both stix to your face really fast and pull them apart and stick your face into their face and blow at the same time. From their point of veiw its like watching the light dance around you and then you face pops through the 2 stix. Kind of like your face coming through 2 doors.
Trust me, if its done right its sooooo bad ass.love4ever

Vitamin-K: yah, I do the same thing, except I'll do it at the moment that their head starts to really loll around, and then lead that into swirling the sticks around their head =)
also, lately, I've been playing with my maglights a lot.. with a pair of the prism glasses people were talking about before, and my mini-mag's in candle mode, you can create some incredible effects =D I had my lights and glasses at school the other day, and everyone kept askin me to show em over an over.. was funny to blow ppl up while everyone was sober
wink.gif

PLUR
Justin

What a kick ass topic.....I loved reading all your responses, and I have gotten some good ideas to expand my show....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
....so lookout whoever meets up with me, i'll be trying new shit out on you hehehehehehe
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
As for me it really depends on the music that is on. If I know the track, I am gonna really fuck you up. I am not good at figuring the shit out if I have not heard it before, so if you get me on some of the tracks I know, I am gonna blow your world
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Hope everyone keeps postin lookin forward to other responses....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Peace......RuRu (aka The Wippit Wizard)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ok...a Boppity "signature" move that I didn't think of mentioning earlier today...but....I do this move after I'm doing VERY FAST figure 8's in front of someone's face. I suddenly slow the 8's down to a pulse...then push the two sticks towards the person's face...then start pulling the sticks back (still doing the slow fig 8) and then when my hands get right in front of my face, I pull them to the sides of my face and hide the glowsticks behind my neck/head for ONE full second then SHOOT them up REALLY fast straight up so they just "appear" over my head and I shoot them back in front of the person's face at the speed of the FAST fig 8's I was originally doing.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
DO IT! Especially where it's really dark and they lose all sight of the sticks so their eyes start to get dark...you should SEE the faces...it's AWESOME and SO much fun!
smile.gif

Just cite your source when you try it.
wink.gif

Love and Hugs and Blue Light Sticks,
Jim

What a thread
wink.gif

Love my stick's and my saphire LED's...Some of my show trick's are as followed..KIND OF HARD TO XPLAIN..BUT..HERE WE GO....
Figure 8 is a must...start with that then i like to do the 8 real close to there face..it's get's them going... also like to hold the sticks like drumsticks and i start with one on the outside of my knee cap(left leg) then the other inside the right knee cap..then move the sticks to the right and back to the left as fast as possible..then run the sticks along your body up in down running in weird directions...good feed back from that..(got that..?)
good ending move----when u have the person seeing double..hold the stick(drumstick style)..one on each side of your face..and go from your face to there face really fast..looks like your in a tunnel with the other person..then just move in closer and start using the vicks in haler..blows people up and makes you feel good to...
PHAT ASS THREAD....
keep it going..im making notes as i post..
plur people
cowboy
------------------
P.L.U.R.N.E.S.S
Peace-Love-Unity-Respect
Now-Everyone
Swallow-Simultaneously

A question on figure 8s...I can do them pretty well but am a little weak on the wrists touching figure eights...does anyone have some tips...also what are some cool tricks to do from the fig 8 position? I like to hold my sticks like drumsticks and get them facing me but with my wrists crossed and turn them over and under or circle them around each outside arm...left around right...right around left creating a circle around each arm using the stick held as a drumstick and then go from there back into 8's...also any tricks out of a touching forearm fig 8?

E-head- is the chris??? hahaha if it is Ryan's login is karnival8 as usual...hit me up man

if u like bright lights try this ...
get 2 water bottles, fill them (1/4 full) with HOT water (cold will do but hot=bright)
put a glowstic into each bottle, then shake the bottle around ... try it, u'll see
smile.gif

go for colors with some contrast like green & red
pete