• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on LSD Alone or in Groups.

With shrooms I get depressing thought loops when I trip alone, but they were sort of spoiled for me because I took them for the first time when I was ~14 and not in a good place mentally and they can bring me back to that place if I'm not careful. I've had plenty of great experiences with them but only in small groups of very close friends.

These days I am pretty careful to only trip with people who can really lose themselves and open up, or at least not mind if I do. Tripping around drunk people is sort of awful, however I am glad to have done it because it convinced me to stop drinking entirely, which has worked out really well.

About a month ago I took 2.5 blotter pieces that turned out to be very potent, to the point of it probably being too much. Fortunately I was with my best friend, and we learned so much about each other. He is very reserved normally but when his basic ideas and emotions came out it became clear to us that we had more in common than I imagined it was possible to have with another human. When I took acid alone, I thought the experiences I was having separated me from others, but now I realize that the opposite is true, regardless of whether those people have tripped.

With 2c-b, it can be great fun to go out and meet random people, and you're in control enough to pass off as someone who's relatively sober. I have taken it alone a number of times but I've rarely remained alone for the whole trip.

I like to trip alone and listen to the Grateful Dead. Not many of my friends can stand 6-8 hours of screamingly intense psychedelic music, so I have very little choice. :)

In a purely social setting, i/e going for a walk/hike or a museum or gallery then 1-2 other people is prime. People you know well enough to be comfortable with in that state that is.

At parties/gigs its fun as well cos people are there to listen (at least the majority) and dance and go on similar journeys or just have plain ol' fun.

I prefer alone for serious journeying, get to choose your own tunes and move your own groove.

Depends what I want from the experience I suppose. I'm of the opinion that psychedelics are great recreational substances at doses tha you're comfortable with and experienced with, (and with companions meeting the same criteria). When I want to explore, I tend to up the dose and lay down in my bed with music on.

Always had better times when by myself. Tripping with 1-2 is best.

Had my first experience with mushrooms last night with 3 others. Didn't enjoy it as much even though I laughed the whole time.
Wish i hadda done it alone.

Alone.

I find that when alone the trip is a) stronger b) easier going mentally.

I have had the awesome times tripping with others though, there is the potential for it to add a new aspect to the experience but by and large it keeps me from surpassing ++ and can at times give me some anxiety, something which my solo trips are devoid of 90% of the time. Actually thinking about it another aspect of group tripping for me is that I tend to have much smoother come ups, I guess that's just part and parcel of a milder trip though.

In a purely social setting, i/e going for a walk/hike or a museum or gallery then 1-2 other people is prime. People you know well enough to be comfortable with in that state that is.

At parties/gigs its fun as well cos people are there to listen (at least the majority) and dance and go on similar journeys or just have plain ol' fun.

I prefer alone for serious journeying, get to choose your own tunes and move your own groove.

Depends what I want from the experience I suppose. I'm of the opinion that psychedelics are great recreational substances at doses tha you're comfortable with and experienced with, (and with companions meeting the same criteria). When I want to explore, I tend to up the dose and lay down in my bed with music on.

I think we have similar view points. Personally I break it down like this:

Low doses for parties and concerts to enhance hedonistic experience and give energy/inspiration to dancing. 80-150ugs

Medium doses for social bonding; like tripping with one or two people for the duration of the trip, or during a specific event/time frame. 200-450 ugs

High doses for introspective purposes / eventually deciding your mind has a limit xD 450-1,200 ugs

As for which I prefer.. I honestly couldn't say. They all have amazing unforgettable memories that can be associated with each.

^Everyone's sensitivity is obviously different. For those doses mine would be pretty much a 50% cut to all those numbers.

Always preffer to trip with a good friend or two when I take LSD or Shrooms. The trick is to say in a common area like a friends house rather than go out on a night out in the town for example. I like to have some weed (a joint or two or a couple bowls) around to make the atmosphere more friendly.

When I trip alone I always feel like laughing with friends and I do laugh alone when tripping too but I get much more cheerful when im around friends tripping.

I won't ever trip again with a buddy that told me I was making too much noise laughing on LSD at his house (lives alone) and he was high on LSD too. I honestly think some people are just selfish, in which case the best thing to do is trip by yourselves.

I enjoy trips by myself as well which are much more profound and educational.

If i had to choose with LSD almost 95% of the time I would do it with someone I know.
With shrooms (since its shorter and more intense/spiritual than LSD for me I find) its more of a 50-50 thing.

I think we have similar view points. Personally I break it down like this:

Low doses for parties and concerts to enhance hedonistic experience and give energy/inspiration to dancing. 80-150ugs

Medium doses for social bonding; like tripping with one or two people for the duration of the trip, or during a specific event/time frame. 200-450 ugs

High doses for introspective purposes / eventually deciding your mind has a limit xD 450-1,200 ugs

As for which I prefer.. I honestly couldn't say. They all have amazing unforgettable memories that can be associated with each.
I'd like to echo this post, it speaks for my preferences as well, even the dose ranges are similar for me.

It can be loads of fun tripping with a group of friends on LSD. I usually prefer it, except for high doses obviously. However, with mushrooms, I usually prefer tripping alone. They just get me to a more introspective mindset I suppose. That is not to say I haven't had beautiful experiences tripping on mushrooms with a group though.

I suppose, in a nutshell, it all boils down to the dose range. Lower doses are better for social interaction for me, while higher doses I find better suited for tripping alone.

Alone---------most of the time

have had a few trips go sour because of things others did. i.e. was trippin in my friends new house just off campus before the end of the month and he didnt technically move in until the next month but no one was in the place and he had keys, i tell you this because this means there wasnt running water or electricity or barely a thing in the house (empty, wierd, unfamiliar <-- not a good combo) soo..... we tested out a new batch from a new dealer of some fungus and he ended up sayin he was gonna go outside to shit and took some TP.... a good amount of time later i realized he should be done shittin and i go outside and his car was gone so i called his phone but he left it in the house and i heard it ringing and eventually i just ended up worrying so much were my buddy was and why he decided to go for a drive that i kinda geeked me out and turned into a terrible experience. he ended up gettin back 45 -60 mins later (actual time not percieved time from mushrooms) and when he did i was pissed, not to mention all the things flashing through my mind it sucked, things after that made the situation worse. the point of the story is i prefer to fly alone aswell just not in super high doses but a solid dose is always nice

my first 4 or 5 trips were with one of my closest friends, after that i tripped with a small group of like 3 or 4 people. ive done a few solo trips but they are alot different. i find that there is alot more deep thinking about yourself. my solo trips usually consisted of me sitting and watching an entire season of a show and doin 2 or 3 boxes of whipits. anyway, GROUP trips are always more fun cause you always end up laughing your asses off till you cry and going on some crazy adventures. thats way more fun than sitting by yourself watchin the walls melt IMO

Solo or with my fiance. It can be very tiring trying to carry on a conversation when you really don't want to talk.

I like to trip alone and listen to the Grateful Dead. Not many of my friends can stand 6-8 hours of screamingly intense psychedelic music, so I have very little choice. :)

I have the same issue with friend of mine, but its Bad Religion that I drive them insane with;)