• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on LSD Alone or in Groups.

I like tripping solo. At most, maybe with 1 or 2 other people (I trip with my partner alot). But, even when tripping with friends I'll often spend a few hours doing my own thing - going for a walk, relaxing in the bedroom.

We tend to have a bit of an understanding of how we liek to trip and will join up / part ways at various points of the night.

Good friends, not to many, 1 or 2... some amphetamines close by to boost your spirit if your trip starts goin bad

Each was is completely different. If you want to explore your mind without having to cater to others, trip alone. I find tha you can get a lot more out there when you are tripping alone or with a small number of people. Things get more confusing with others and sometimes being unable to communicate might set one tripper onto a dark road.

Tripping with a group is fun. Everyone can contribute something to the trip and often the group will be laughing their asses off. The decision should be based on how you want to trip. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. With others present, there will always be someone who can help you out incase of difficulties, but then again, others present just increase the chances that you will have to deal with someone elses bullshit.

either way is good although i tend to be a fairly silent tripper so it can be more relaxing tripping by myself than having to deal with people who try to talk to me constantly.

recently i had a great trip that started in the botanical with a group of people and finished walking around the city at night by myself just absorbing the sights and sounds - chinatown was a particularly great area to walk through

I'm much more keen on tripping alone. I have very few friends who are at all on the same page as me when it comes to psychedelics, and when tripping in groups I far too often end up being the guy who's trying to hold it together, or the only one who's interested in actually exploring my consciousness as opposed to running around like a doofus and giggling the whole time, and talking about mundane activities. Most of my friends seem to always want to try to act like they're not tripping because they get uncomfortable, and get offended/scared if I try to stop talking and/or close my eyes.

That being said, tripping in the RIGHT groups (1-2 close friends who are of a like mind) can be really rewarding. Ultimately, though, the trip is much, much different than when you're alone, and tends to be much more grounded and based on interpersonal interactions. I always have been able to get a lot more "work" done when I'm by myself.

I think it's best to trip with a person or two who have experience your first time in case something goes wrong, and maybe for your next time or two, and then you should start tripping alone for your next handful of trips. The reason is because when tripping alone, you're forced to either decide you don't like to trip and can't handle it, or you learn to be VERY comfortable with yourself. Once you're comfortable with yourself, tripping in groups is WAY easier. And if a group of people who are comfortable enough with themselves to trip alone trip together, then you're in for a great group experience.

My first LSD experience (which was also my first real drug experience) was alone, as were the next 3. I wasn't totally alone - the first 2 times were in a high school dorm, so I could always walk out of my room and go find someone to bug if I wanted to; but I spent the majority of the time in my room listening to music, tasting things, smelling things, feeling textures, etc. These were most excellent trips.

Then a little later, I would always trip in small groups. This would be with 1-6 others, but most frequently 2 other good friends. I enjoyed these experiences as well, expecially with the 2 good friends that were always trying new substances with me. The three of us all have/had pretty open minds, and are pretty good at not freaking out when something minor happens.

Thats my biggest problem with a group. The experience levels of all the participants has varied a lot in my trials. This is ok, but sometimes people can't dose themselves for shit, or dose at the level others are at even if its too much, etc. Then they rocket up and panic. It frequently falls on me to be the one trying to calm them down.

FUCK I HATE IT. I don't mind helping people having a rough time normally - I'll go way out of my way (to the detriment of my own experience if needed), to calm them down and smooth things out - but I cannot stand it when its something that could have been avoided if they had just listened to me. I really don't like having to hold someone's hand and tell them everything will be ok while they figet like a tweeker and fight back tears, while I'm frying nuts or coming up fast. The come-up on many psychs is bumpy for me. I often prefer to be able to sit/lay down alone for 20 min or so until things even out and I slide into the trip. I'm an anxious person, and I don't need people adding to that.

If it comes down to it, I'll always try to help though. I've been at a party (30 people or so) where a someone brought my ex-gf (who had essentially betrayed/hurt me in every way possible, over and over again). They were both dosing. Knowing them both very pretty well, I advised them to wait till some other time or at the very least take a low dose (neither had tripped before). Of course I was ignored and they both flipped out hardcore. I mean, "ohhh... shiiiitt.." serious fucking nuclear meltdown... crying constantly, wanting to die, I'm never coming back, what have I done, I have to leave this place now (~20mi out in the middle of bumfuck nowhereville) sort of thing. So I end up talking them both through it, and it ripped me up pretty bad inside.

I'm less and less willing to help those that directly ignore sane advice these days, though I try really hard to not get into that situation to begin with.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I don't like the mid sized things where there is something like 20-40 people. Someone is going to get uncomfortable or something will happen, IME. Whether or not I have anything to do with the drugs or people, I feel a certain repsonsibility to fix things if they do not go well, being more experienced with/clued in to these drugs than the average joe. It weighs on me, and detracts from the experience.

But when I'm with a handful of people that I know and love, people I'd take a bullet for, its great. These people are also pretty experience with these types of drugs, and the behaviour of people on them. If it gets a bit strong or if I go off on a deep inner journey and need to wander off by myself to lay down with my eyes closed, I don't want someone coming in and poking me every 5 minutes to make sure I'm ok. A periodic non-invasive check is cool - even appreciated - but if things are rough the last thing I want is someone to stare at me like I'm dying and frantically ask if I'm going to be ok. These people know and understand this.

I like to be able to do what I want to do without wierding people out, too. If I'm frying out and want to play wierdass music, climb on top of the refridgerator half naked and eat popsicles, fuck it, thats what I'm going to do. I wouldn't trip around anyone that would have a problem with odd behavior like that. Unless I'm doing something dangerous, that is.

The exception to the dislike of bigger groups are psy parties. Its quite an experience to be at an event with, say 300 people, where you know that at the least half of them are tripping. Its like being on another planet. Everyone goes with the flow, acts totally fucked up and thats normal. You can always retreat to your tent if you need to get away. Its a great combination of experiening the beauty of nature, companionship of likeminded people, the drugs, and music.

well i like to be with my freinds not to may just some but sometimes i like to be by my self if i dont want to talk then i dont want to be by any one some times they can fuck your trip all up if your on somthing hard and then they piss you off i think it all deppends on what your on and how you feel but over all i like to be with freinds

Said it before I think, but I always prefer tripping alone. Although my best trip I've had was with a friend, but that was off shrooms. All my acid trips I've had have been alone. That'll probably change soon.

Definately prefer tripping alone because then you get to do what you want to do, if you're with someone else then you have to do what they want and you can't focus enough on your own trip, which would ruin it for me. The only advantage of having someone with you is if things go wrong then you have someone to help you out.

I find it best when tripping with my closest friends. That way you all trust each other and are sharing in this awesome headspace - it's like your conciousnesses are intertwined in a weird but wonderful way.

Although at times I do like to wander off for a while just to take in the experience by myself. But I guess everyone does at some point.

trip

I find it best when tripping with my closest friends. That way you all trust each other and are sharing in this awesome headspace - it's like your conciousnesses are intertwined in a weird but wonderful way.

Although at times I do like to wander off for a while just to take in the experience by myself. But I guess everyone does at some point.

i love tripping,with my best freind,tho it can get a lil physically uncomortable,it usually pans out great,i love tripping for maximum anount of length,say a good acid dose that last 16+ hours,it always feels like a week has gone buy/:\

i love tripping with a good friend. Once that is experienced with interesting chemicals. it seems to be more fun and can discuss about things going on and laugh etc. L is just one of those lovely things that i like to use socially.

i like tripping in groups i think thhat its better to b able to talk while tripping cuz every conversation ends up with its own stupid detals that just get you thinking and i feel like i trip harder when im not alone

I enjoy both, it really depends on the substance and what I plan on doing. With LSD I tend to either wander off alone, or hang out with 1 or 2 people. A lot of times when I've been at concerts tripping I leave the group I came with once the drugs begin to take hold, then meet back up with them afterwards. I guess I find it easier to work myself into the kind of "focused energy" state I like to be in at concerts when I'm not around people I know, though I'm clueless as to why. I usually end up chatting with the people standing around me anyway, even though they're usually strangers.

As for tripping with groups, that can be fun too, especially with earlier experiences. I didn't start tripping alone til substantially later in my psychedelic career. Also the kind of crazed, debilitating, unstoppable laughter common to LSD & some tryptamines only really occurs when I'm with at least one other person.

LSD in a group setting can lead to a massive freakout for me when I get confused as to whether I am one person or a group of people. Group panic is not fun.

Last edited:
I'm much more keen on tripping alone. I have very few friends who are at all on the same page as me when it comes to psychedelics, and when tripping in groups I far too often end up being the guy who's trying to hold it together, or the only one who's interested in actually exploring my consciousness as opposed to running around like a doofus and giggling the whole time, and talking about mundane activities. Most of my friends seem to always want to try to act like they're not tripping because they get uncomfortable, and get offended/scared if I try to stop talking and/or close my eyes.

I think it's best to trip with a person or two who have experience your first time in case something goes wrong, and maybe for your next time or two, and then you should start tripping alone for your next handful of trips. The reason is because when tripping alone, you're forced to either decide you don't like to trip and can't handle it, or you learn to be VERY comfortable with yourself. Once you're comfortable with yourself, tripping in groups is WAY easier. And if a group of people who are comfortable enough with themselves to trip alone trip together, then you're in for a great group experience.

Even though it was posted 3 years ago I have to quote this. This is exactly my experience on the matter. The bold especially. I find trips with people (my firends are all like this) very awkward because they feel like they always have to be talking about stupid things. It gets weird when I just want to lie down on the grass and stargaze and the awkwardness just ruins the trip. They're too caught up in doing "normal" and "socially acceptable" things. Even when we're drinking and I want a cigarette (only smoke one or 2 when I'm drinking) I feel this need to enjoy it outside. The fresh air and stars while having a cigarette feels very nice to me; not to mention I hate smoking in an enclosed space like indoors. Anyways even this little thing of going outside for a smoke weirds them out and feels awkward. Anything slightly not what they're used to in a social situation sets it off. :|

Last time I did MDMA around a bonfire they had a pill too and were drinking with it. (They're too uncomfortable to let the MDMA show them their subconsciouss so they drink to numb it out) :| I got up out of my chair and walked down to the water to listen to the gentle waves, stargaze, etc. Later on that week I was talking to my friend about tripping with people and he said I get all weird like how I left to go sit by the water and that I shouldn't trip and just drink and be part of the party. I enjoy being social but I find I don't like drinking; people get all ego-conformist while drinking and it just bothers me.

I like tripping and wish I could trip with friends but it just doesn't work. My friends have done psychedelics before but have never done them alone. I might ask my best friend one day if he'd like to try a solo trip; he just might be open to it. I think the reason he doesn't like tripping with people is because of the openness of the state and he's not ready for other people to see that especially when he's not at that level of openness with himself.

I dosed LSD with my best friend and the definite love of my life, produced some really cool moments of ego dissolution between us. Most noticeably with my gf, I remember kissing her and then we became one, the new bonded consciousness entered a void of universal love and all that jazz :)

-my first ~15 trips were in groups. great times. :)

-my first solo trip sent me off on a psychotic break.

-my second solo trip (3 months after the first, without touching acid in between) was enlightening.

-tripped probly ~15 times in groups since. it's good fun, especially when other people are tripping and you can all mess around with each other. it's like everyone can get on the same "level" of sorts.

-third solo trip scheduled in a few weeks. wish me luck. :p