View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping alone first time?

Gnashs

Greenlighter
Right guys i posted a thread a couple of days ago "Is 2 Tabs of LSD too much for my first time?" and it got some good responses, but my friend that i was doing it with has got a new apprenticeship on the Railway , and he has to be drug tested randomly every so often , Anyway now i have 4 tabs of LSD no friends to do it with ,and no one i know to trip sit, would it be okay to maybe take half a Tab and do it alone i am not really an anxious person and i haven't had any mental health issues in the past , also i will be doing this at around 23:00 when my parents have gone to sleep, Ill do a trip report if i do it:) Any advice welcome Guys/Girls:)

Asleep or not, as soon as you start tripping you're basically bound to start freaking out about what would happen if your parents woke up, I wouldn't recommend doing it in that environment.

When you do acid you basically wanna be as sure as possible that you won't have to come into contact with anyone you wouldn't want to know you were tripping for at least 10 hours. Ideally, it'd be best if you could get right to the last lingering effects, so 12-14 hrs, and then sleep before coming into contact with parents or whatever.

While I don't think tripping alone is necessarily a bad idea generally, from a HR perspective and given it is your first time, I couldn't encourage this either. You have no experience with psychedelic drugs and no idea how exactly they may effect you. Psychedelic experiences can be very intense, confusing, challenging and personal, and can't be expected to be purely 'recreational'. They can often make you face things about yourself and the choices you've made that you don't want to face, and can really challenge your core identity.

I'm not trying to scare you, and even if one of those kind of experiences does occur, you usually end up thankful in the end; you just need to be aware that these drugs are extremely powerful and need to be used carefully and sensibly. So basically what I'm trying to say is that a trip sitter or someone to trip with would probably be recommended for your first time, and not only would being around sleeping parents be bad vibes, I think your first experience should be saved until you can be in a more special environment.

Given the fact that you're living with your parents, I have to wonder about your age? People's personal opinions vary on this but I don't think anyone under 18 should be taking psychedelics and probably waiting until you're 21 would be ideal (I tried them when I was 18 and probably should have waited longer). Your mind and persona is still developing at that age and tearing it apart with psychedelics before it's even been set in stone can lead to some problems.

Regardless of what you decide to do, just remember that you have your whole life to try LSD, and the stuff you have will still work if you keep it and come back to it later. Just wait until the time is right, you can have a buddy or two with you, and take it early on a beautiful day out in woodland or countryside and experience the unbelievable beauty this drug can show you without worries about parents etc. :)

Asleep or not, as soon as you start tripping you're basically bound to start freaking out about what would happen if your parents woke up, I wouldn't recommend doing it in that environment. When you do acid you basically wanna be as sure as possible that you won't have to come into contact with anyone you wouldn't want to know you were tripping for at least 10 hours. Ideally, it'd be best if you could get right to the last lingering effects, so 12-14 hrs, and then sleep before coming into contact with parents or whatever.While I don't think tripping alone is necessarily a bad idea generally, from a HR perspective and given it is your first time, I couldn't encourage this either. You have no experience with psychedelic drugs and no idea how exactly they may effect you. Psychedelic experiences can be very intense, confusing, challenging and personal, and can't be expected to be purely 'recreational'. They can often make you face things about yourself and the choices you've made that you don't want to face, and can really challenge your core identity. I'm not trying to scare you, and even if one of those kind of experiences does occur, you usually end up thankful in the end; you just need to be aware that these drugs are extremely powerful and need to be used carefully and sensibly. So basically what I'm trying to say is that a trip sitter or someone to trip with would probably be recommended for your first time, and not only would being around sleeping parents be bad vibes, I think your first experience should be saved until you can be in a more special environment.Given the fact that you're living with your parents, I have to wonder about your age? People's personal opinions vary on this but I don't think anyone under 18 should be taking psychedelics and probably waiting until you're 21 would be ideal (I tried them when I was 18 and probably should have waited longer). Your mind and persona is still developing at that age and tearing it apart with psychedelics before it's even been set in stone can lead to some problems.Regardless of what you decide to do, just remember that you have your whole life to try LSD, and the stuff you have will still work if you keep it and come back to it later. Just wait until the time is right, you can have a buddy or two with you, and take it early on a beautiful day out in woodland or countryside and experience the unbelievable beauty this drug can show you without worries about parents etc. :)
I understand where your coming from, and i forgot to mesion that my parents go to work at 5 and dont get back till 3, I am 18, All my fireinds are sort of nerds tbh, they dont ever go to parties , they are so anti drugs its un real, i am not doing this to get fucked up and have a good time , i believe i am a spiritual person , i meditate several times a day and ,i will be most likely just chilling and listning to music and doing some heavy thinking

Asleep or not, as soon as you start tripping you're basically bound to start freaking out about what would happen if your parents woke up, I wouldn't recommend doing it in that environment. When you do acid you basically wanna be as sure as possible that you won't have to come into contact with anyone you wouldn't want to know you were tripping for at least 10 hours. Ideally, it'd be best if you could get right to the last lingering effects, so 12-14 hrs, and then sleep before coming into contact with parents or whatever.While I don't think tripping alone is necessarily a bad idea generally, from a HR perspective and given it is your first time, I couldn't encourage this either. You have no experience with psychedelic drugs and no idea how exactly they may effect you. Psychedelic experiences can be very intense, confusing, challenging and personal, and can't be expected to be purely 'recreational'. They can often make you face things about yourself and the choices you've made that you don't want to face, and can really challenge your core identity. I'm not trying to scare you, and even if one of those kind of experiences does occur, you usually end up thankful in the end; you just need to be aware that these drugs are extremely powerful and need to be used carefully and sensibly. So basically what I'm trying to say is that a trip sitter or someone to trip with would probably be recommended for your first time, and not only would being around sleeping parents be bad vibes, I think your first experience should be saved until you can be in a more special environment.Given the fact that you're living with your parents, I have to wonder about your age? People's personal opinions vary on this but I don't think anyone under 18 should be taking psychedelics and probably waiting until you're 21 would be ideal (I tried them when I was 18 and probably should have waited longer). Your mind and persona is still developing at that age and tearing it apart with psychedelics before it's even been set in stone can lead to some problems.Regardless of what you decide to do, just remember that you have your whole life to try LSD, and the stuff you have will still work if you keep it and come back to it later. Just wait until the time is right, you can have a buddy or two with you, and take it early on a beautiful day out in woodland or countryside and experience the unbelievable beauty this drug can show you without worries about parents etc. :)
And i really apricaite that you have taken ur time to rep,y to me with a good honest anwser , thank you:)

You should know that the likelihood of your friend being tested for LSD is slim to none. It metabolizes quickly anyway, unless it's a military or other very specific test they won't test for it.

Yeah that is true, being drug tested for LSD is pretty unheard of.

I wasn't trying to suggest that you were just aiming for hedonistic pleasure and not respecting the drug, so I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just trying to highlight that these drugs can be unpredictable, and when I say you need to 'respect' them, I mean you need to take this into account when planning an experience by considering what might impact your mood or anxiety levels (like worsened by parents being around, or improved by being in a pleasant environment like a sunny field), and ensuring you'd be safe if things went strange (like having a trip buddy or sitter). You've got to consider as well how you might effect those around you or whether they'd be appropriate to have around, like parents again or friends that have unpleasant personality traits like manipulativeness or lack of empathy.

I'm only emphasising this stuff so much because it's actually hard to understand just how important it is if you've never actually taken a psychedelic drug before.

It all comes under 'set and setting' I guess

Last edited:
Yeah that is true, being drug tested for LSD is pretty unheard of.I wasn't trying to suggest that you were just aiming for hedonistic pleasure and not respecting the drug, so I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just trying to highlight that these drugs can be unpredictable, and when I say you need to 'respect' them, I mean you need to take this into account when planning an experience by considering what might impact your mood or anxiety levels (like worsened by parents being around, or improved by being in a pleasant environment like a sunny field), and ensuring you'd be safe if things went strange (like having a trip buddy or sitter). You've got to consider as well how you might effect those around you or whether they'd be appropriate to have around, like parents again or friends that have unpleasant personality traits like manipulativeness or lack of empathy.I'm only emphasising this stuff so much because it's actually hard to understand just how important it is if you've never actually taken a psychedelic drug before.It all comes under 'set and setting' I guess
Thanks for ur response , i didnt see it that way at all dood, we are all friend here:) and i understand what ur talking about bro i think taking it on my own would be a good thing anyway as the person i was planning on doing it with is th sort of person who looks to get the highist possible if you know what i mean and dosent imo respect drugs:/, im thinking of taking and then when my parents have gone to work which is super early, ill go outside and near my house there is beautiful farmland( like at the end of Shawshank redemption) and i i can watch the sun rise, i think that would be nice, Im a very introverted person i dont like parties, actually the only reason im taking this drug is because im at a point in my life (18 i know its a bit sad) where i think on a regular basis "is this all that life is", like theirs got to be more to life than working and having the weekends off, sorry if i have offended anyone reading:) just trying to expand my mind to the posibilies of life and try and escape this world full of pain and suffering if only for a few hours, and see the world how imo should beive just read this back , just realised how deep it is near the end , sorry i get serious when i smoke :)

also i will be doing this at around 23:00 when my parents have gone to sleep

Yeah, I really don't think your parents' house is a good place for a first-time trip. Also, dosing at 23:00 is a bad idea. Even a small dose of LSD will keep you awake for 12 hours, and tripping while sleep-deprived is no fun. I guess if you were asleep all afternoon, then dosing at 23:00 would be fine.

I prefer to trip alone, but for the first one it is very important to have someone that can talk you down if it gets overwhelming, (I've had some experiences that were scary as fuck and only the fact that I was experienced in tripping I would have been phone an ambulance - I thought I was dying and did die!).

Home is a good safe environment - you know it and feel secure, HOWEVER as has been said when the drug kicks in and you make some noise or whatnot, the next thing you know you are in a paranoid bad trip because you are afraid of being caught, (will there be any repercussions if they discover you tripping?

The reason these drugs have a bad rep is because inexperienced users don't follow simple guidance and end up having a nightmarish time, (you can see from disasters and train-wrecks on Erowid the same mistakes - no proper measurements, in wrong place, with wrong people, etc) - its basic drug use 101 and if you are unable to follow those things laid out to keep you safe maybe you aren't ready to be using such potent medicine.

Do you know the dose of the tabs? Are you sure they are LSD? Have you researched the drug properly? If you don't know for sure what the dose is and what you are taking you never know what can happen!

Tread carefully!

Tripping alone per se is not a problem. I've actually never tripped around a human being at all. The possible trouble comes from tripping at your parent's house and them finding out. And them them not being cool about it (are they, I assume not, correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't worry about being found out because it is *my* house, but I know I do lots of random shit that make absolutely zero sense when tripping. And my parents had a sixth sense for my stupidity :) If I had ever tripped at my parent's place, they would have found out, and as they use to endlessly threaten me with 'it's off to military school for you Tom'. Do your parents go out of town?

Also, just curious, how good are you at remaining still? Reason I ask, is that on occasion I'll sit cross legged in the same spot after taking mushrooms/Lysergamides and just listen to music/play video games/watch movies/meditate for 2-3 hours. By the time I feel motivated to move around I have a taste for how the trip is going.

What would bother me if I tripped at my parent's place is getting hungry and making the kitchen into a disaster area :)

Good luck and stay safe.

Tom

I have ttripped alone twice. The frist time was an accidental 25i NBOMe trip and I took to high a dose and freaked out and told my parents I was on drugs and had to go to the hospital. I'm glad I did because it turned out I actually did overdose and could have died... Real LSD was a totally different story. I only took 100 ug and felt like I could talk to my parents and act at least semi-normal besides the huge pupils. I would say if you have expirience with LSD and know that you won't freak out and yell or do something else that would draw attention, I would say go for it as long as it's a small dose of LSD that you are sure of the dosage and purity. Let us know how it goes if you do decide to do it! :)

First off LSD would not show up on a standard drug test, so this should not be a concern for your friend.

Second of all, you remind me very much of myself. I hung around with a very conservative close minded group who didn't approve of drugs. However I was always called to psychedelics out of a desire to explore my own mind and see what else was out there in this world. I often contemplated trying my first trip alone at night the same way you did (because that was the only way I'd be able to sneak it in with my friends/parents). I am very glad I did not end up doing this because I know their would have constantly been a shadow cast on my trip worrying about what would happen if my parents found out etc. I'm also glad I didn't do it alone because 1. Sharing the experience with someone else can be very special just feeling their energy and bouncing thoughts off of them and 2. It helped me be much more comfortable knowing that in the event things got uncomfortable or too intense I had someone their I could turn to.
Personally I wouldn't recommend rushing into the experience. Your young and there's no reason to force things in a less than perfect environment. If you just wait until a more optimal time its going to be a much better and more memorable experience.

Last edited:
im at a point in my life (18 i know its a bit sad) where i think on a regular basis "is this all that life is", like theirs got to be more to life than working and having the weekends off, sorry if i have offended anyone reading:) just trying to expand my mind to the posibilies of life and try and escape this world full of pain and suffering if only for a few hours, and see the world how imo should be

Also don't go into the experience expecting all the answers to be magically revealed to you. Yes your mind will be opened and allowed to perceive things in a new way, but in my experience this only raises more questions than answers. I went in to my first acid trip with similar thoughts and they were only stronger when I came down. My normal day to day actions (Studying, work etc.) just seemed so pointless and meaningless in comparison to what I had just experienced.

I wouldn't consider tripping in your bedroom while your parents are in the same house as being "alone". While plenty of us have tripped under such conditions and been fine, plenty more have stumbled into the bathroom, been confronted by a mirror then stumbled into their parents room ready to confess all. Sometimes the noises that you create during a trip are enough to wake the dead, and the added stress of not wanting to leave your room may be too much.

If your parents leave at 5am, why not have a Ferris Beuller's Day off? Wake up and dose around 5am, have the house to yourself for most of the afternoon then go on an adventure 1pm, aiming to be home by 5pm? The hardest part of any trip is around the 4-5hr mark. The tail end of the trip, while a bit dusty, is usually manageable enough to survive even a heavy parental interrogation.

I really appriciateall the advice everyone has given me, to the person who has asked i am 90% sure it is LSD as i tested it using Ehrlich and it went purple and went like a dark brownish color with marquis, the only person i could talk into being a trip sitter would be my girlfriend, But i still wold have the same problem of trying avoid parents et, i think the best option would be to maybe Book a night in a hotel , but then im in an unfimilliar envirmoment and wont feel conftable , this is hard guys:(

I wouldn't consider tripping in your bedroom while your parents are in the same house as being "alone". While plenty of us have tripped under such conditions and been fine, plenty more have stumbled into the bathroom, been confronted by a mirror then stumbled into their parents room ready to confess all. Sometimes the noises that you create during a trip are enough to wake the dead, and the added stress of not wanting to leave your room may be too much.If your parents leave at 5am, why not have a Ferris Beuller's Day off? Wake up and dose around 5am, have the house to yourself for most of the afternoon then go on an adventure 1pm, aiming to be home by 5pm? The hardest part of any trip is around the 4-5hr mark. The tail end of the trip, while a bit dusty, is usually manageable enough to survive even a heavy parental interrogation.
If i had to do it this would prob be the way id do it , sleep most of the day, and then take it around 4:30 ish so by the time it Takes affect i can go downstairs without worry , then at approximatly 1:30 before my parents come home i could walk around the hills i was talking about, may be nice:) also i have fridays off work and i stay at my dads and he dosent mind be coming in at late at around 21:00mso if needed i can stay till out till then thanks for your advice :)

Last edited:
And for all the people that has said LSD wont show up at a drugs tesy , ive messioned this to him , hes absulutly certain he dosent wanna do it, ive menttioned that if we do it on a friday it wont even be in his system on monday but he refuses, i dont know if hes got scared or what :/

First off LSD would not show up on a standard drug test, so this should not be a concern for your friend. Second of all, you remind me very much of myself. I hung around with a very conservative close minded group who didn't approve of drugs. However I was always called to psychedelics out of a desire to explore my own mind and see what else was out there in this world. I often contemplated trying my first trip alone at night the same way you did (because that was the only way I'd be able to sneak it in with my friends/parents). I am very glad I did not end up doing this because I know their would have constantly been a shadow cast on my trip worrying about what would happen if my parents found out etc. I'm also glad I didn't do it alone because 1. Sharing the experience with someone else can be very special just feeling their energy and bouncing thoughts off of them and 2. It helped me be much more comfortable knowing that in the event things got uncomfortable or too intense I had someone their I could turn to.Personally I wouldn't recommend rushing into the experience. Your young and there's no reason to force things in a less than perfect environment. If you just wait until a more optimal time its going to be a much better and more memorable experience.
I agree 100%, ill talk to my girlfreind and see how she feels about it , and if i get caught , my parents are so anti drug its unreal , but at the same time theyre understanding , my mum allways said when doing drugs "ic cant stop you from doing them id just prefer you not to" nothing would happen if i did, i was thinking of going in this chat https://chat.tripsit.me/ in the sanctuary part and if im having a bad time people in there maybe be able to help thank you for your advice

If you're having trouble finding an appropriate time and setting my advice would simply be to wait, I don't think trying to contrive a 'best case scenario' for taking it in the immediate future is necessary. When a suitable opportunity presents itself, you will realise.

I'd like to echo terarc. A better time will come around sooner or later. You can just wait until after your friend's drug test. (However unlikely it is that he'll be tested for LSD, he's still doing the responsible thing by waiting and you shouldn't pressure him.)

Trust me. Your acid isn't going anywhere. Just be patient and wait for a time you can use it in an environment that is convenient and safe. You'll be glad you did.