• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tripelennamine

Survival0200

Bluelighter
I was at the pharmacy and while I waited for my turn I noticed a product called Etono. It contains 20 mg/g tripelennamine. That name rang the bells in my brain - I've heard of this before! I checked Wikipedia and found the following text: "Cough medicines of the general formula tripelennamine + codeine/dihydrocodine/hydrocodone ± expectorant ± decongestant(s) are popular where available. Among these are the Pyribenzamine cough syrups which contain codeine, with and without decongestants, listed in the 1978 Physicians' Desk Reference; the codeine-tripelennamine synergy is well-known and makes such mixtures more useful for their intended purposes."

Etono is some kind of skin medicine, but would it be worth the trouble to try combining with e.g. codeine via the oral route? Couldn't find any dosage information though.

The non-active ingredients are propylene glycol and sodium stearate.

Years ago, shooting "T's and B's was somewhat popular. "Talwin and Blues" is what it stood for, and the "Blues" were Tripelennamine. Supposedly gave a great rush.
Talwin is a shitty opiod which never gave me much euphoria and had a ceiling to it's effects. I never shot it.
They ultimately combined Talwin with Naloxone to discourage injection. This might even be a good thing since I first heard of the danger of shooting pills reading about people doing T's and B's. Many, many cases of necrosis from this combo.

Last edited:
Tripelennamine is an antihistamine and weak triple reuptake inhibitor. So depending on how weak their definition of weak is, it might have some recreational properties on its own and synergize with opioids, but in first line it'll be a sedative.

Tripelennamine is an antihistamine and weak triple reuptake inhibitor. So depending on how weak their definition of weak is, it might have some recreational properties on its own and synergize with opioids, but in first line it'll be a sedative.
It's supposed to synergise very well with opioids. Much like Hydroxyzine plays well with opioids, but isn't much on it's own. I have no epersonall experience with Tripelennamine, but have heard reams of anecdotal accounts. (most not online)

Do you know why it's called tripelennamine? Read the name out loud, and look at the structure:
360px-Tripelennamine2.svg.png

It's literally "Triple N amine". It must have made the FDA chemists crack up at least.

Unfortunately all formulations of it in the US are discontinued. [example]

propylene glycol and sodium stearate.
So.. an orally approved excipent, and literal soap.
If it is mostly propylene glycol (a clear-ish liquid), consuming it is not really a problem.
If it is mostly sodium stearate (a soapy feel, or a cream/solid) it will taste worse (put it in gelcaps) but you can also eat it: consuming 2g or so of soap will not harm you, in fact the stearic acid is a dietary fatty acid. (I once read the story of a Jewish chemist who survived WW2 because he had access to large amounts of long chain fatty acids, and knew enough biochemistry to know that they will sustain you just as well as butter or lard, except taste miserable. But it's preferable to starvation. And besides, to a non-chemist, who would be foolish enough to eat a jar of chemicals? Especially an acid!)

Last edited: