• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trip Flashback Caused By Thought Experiment?

WesleyAaron

Greenlighter
I've browsed bluelight for quite some time, but this is my first post.

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I had a very interesting psychedelic-like experience that seemed to be caused by nothing. I have tripped LSD twice, the most recent occasion being a couple of months ago, and mushrooms probably about 8 times with the most recent trip being some time this past year. I wouldn't consider myself highly experienced with psychedelics (but who can, there is always more to learn am I right?) Anyway, yesterday at work my friends and I started having a conversation about what life would be like if friction suddenly stopped existing. We talked pretty much all day about it and it really got my brain working in overdrive. I then started to feel like I was tripping. My skin felt weird and my breath felt the same way that it does when I trip, very slow/colder than normal and my thoughts followed similar patterns to what they do during a psychedelic experience. These feelings persisted long after we had stopped talking about it and didn't go away until I woke up this morning.

It seems to me that getting that deep into thought of something that turned out to be pretty profound triggered my brain to go on it's own mild trip. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I could have just been making up the whole thing on my own, but I've read stories of people being able to "think themselves" into an LSD experience before. Could this be a result of a "trip flashback?" I know there is a division among people as to whether they are even possible, but I swear my mind did something yesterday. Any comments/answers are appreciated.

~Good Vibes~

I have had 'flashbacks' before. That is, some time after a trip (enough that no substance is affecting me), without warning, some aspects from the trip come back - visual distortions and whatever.

I never found any explanation for it. But i hear ya, it does happen.

Not something to be stressed about though imo