View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trip buddies and trust?

bitchamonth

Bluelighter
Usually, I trip alone, not because I necessarily always prefer that, but because I simple have no choice. Most people I know are against drugs, my parents, friends, family, etc.
However, recently I got to know some fellas who where quite into weed. We exchanged thoughts and they ended up trying LSD. Now, after that incident thev have basically been snitching and spreading rumors about me selling LSD.

Unfortunately.
So this is where I am asking for advice.
I really want someone I can trip with, some good friends, unfortunately I cant, because noone I know understands and pretty much all of them are brainwashed and dumb.

Even after this loss in trust, I still sort of want to have someone to trip with and they are the only ones I know of.
My problem is basically, is the fact that I dont trust them cause a big issue while tripping, I do know them quite well IRL and personally, but I dont trust them, if you get my drift.
Thanks

Smiley :)

I'm pretty sure any sensible human being can be convinced to trip at some point in their life. Many people I've known who said they'd only do weed or only drink have slowly opened their minds to many other drugs. Many people are curious about altered consciousness and maybe they just need someone in their life to share it. I had good trust with my close friends, so if you have people you've generally trusted for a while, look to them?

It sounds like those stoners you know are lame dudes, there have to be cooler people out there. I have put my trust in complete strangers while tripping, it has never turned out bad for me. It sounds like you might wana branch out to different circles. Tripping can create a bond between people, but also rifts. Be careful with who, when, and why you decide to trip with anyone. Sober people can be fine to trip with too if they're understanding.

I forgot to mention.
I`ve known them personally for a while, but more like acquaintances, it was when we discovered out drugs interests that we started hanging around a little bit more.
Anyway, how important is trusting one another while tripping, I mean I can deal with it sober, but what when Im all delicate and trippy?
Have you ever at all had some bad experiences with people whiletripping ?=?

I think it's pretty important honestly. You don't want to get paranoid about trust when tripping, and even more, you don't want them to do something detrimental to you for their own amusement.

I forgot to mention.
I`ve known them personally for a while, but more like acquaintances, it was when we discovered out drugs interests that we started hanging around a little bit more.
Anyway, how important is trusting one another while tripping, I mean I can deal with it sober, but what when Im all delicate and trippy?
Have you ever at all had some bad experiences with people whiletripping ?=?
The first time I tripped, a drunken frat guy who lived next door in our dorm busted into our room, and it was pretty freaky, he seemed rather confrontational when all we were trying to tell him was we took drugs hah.

But I mean, I understand where you're coming from. Do you not have any close friends?
I feel generally fine around people I just met, but generally if I'm taking drugs around people I just met, they're just as experienced in them as I am, or more so. It sounds like your acquaintances just dipped their toes in. I've met quite a few people scared off by one experience, it happens. From the sounds of things, I wouldn't want to do it with them again if I were you.

I do have some close friends, but all of them are brainwashed, they dislike drugs, like I dislike the stigma.
Yeah, that is right, theyve just dipped their toes in, while I am a little bit more experienced with drugs then they are.

It just sucks, because finally I find someone that I can have as company, and they act like douchebags.
Though when I think about it, regarding specifically LSD, they do act like the types that just want to say it, "Ive done LSD, now Im cool".
So I dont really know.

Though Id rather be alone and tripping, then trip with anyone.

I do have some close friends, but all of them are brainwashed, they dislike drugs, like I dislike the stigma.
Yeah, that is right, theyve just dipped their toes in, while I am a little bit more experienced with drugs then they are.

It just sucks, because finally I find someone that I can have as company, and they act like douchebags.
Though when I think about it, regarding specifically LSD, they do act like the types that just want to say it, "Ive done LSD, now Im cool".
So I dont really know.

Though Id rather be alone and tripping, then trip with anyone.
Do whatever makes you feel comfortable man. You don't have to do it with others.

Yeah I'd rather trip alone than with some douchebags. Solo trips can be pretty fun IMO, I really enjoy going solo on a light dose and exploring nature, or riding around on my bike. Or a heavy dose and lying on the floor with headphones on :)

I have no idea what you are like, or what your friends are like, but describe that everyone you know is "brainwashed and dumb". Maybe you're closing your own mind to the possibility that some of your current connects could be into it? Sometimes people put up a false front because they don't want to offend the culture they find themselves in, but they secretly crave checking out these kinds of experiences. I remember as a teen opening up to a good friend about it, who I thought was a bit brainwashed and dumb, and being shocked to find out he was eager to trip on some mushrooms with me...

Family can be super fun to trip with too, but you gotta have the right kind of family.

I`ve asked my close friends about if they ever wish to try weed or LSD or any drug, and they always respond no. So since they already reject it, I dont have any plan on telling them that I abuse chemicals.
Indeed, solo trips can be very fun :)
What is a light dose to you? just wondering.
My family is NOT the right kind unfortunately. :(

Light dose is relative for everyone I guess, and depends on the substance. But for me, say 1/2 to 1 blotter of acid, half a gram of mushrooms, 10mg of 2c-d, 5mg of 4-AcO-DMT. I guess I've had some more full on trips in public too, but usually at night when there aren't too many people around, or at a festival where everyones in it together.

Good luck finding compadres, I guess my advice would be to get out lots and socialize, hopefully your path will cross with others on the same trajectory! Music events tend to attract the trippy sort..

u consider .5-1 blotter and .5g of shrooms to be equivalent? u must tell me where u get your shrooms, jk.

u consider .5-1 blotter and .5g of shrooms to be equivalent? u must tell me where u get your shrooms, jk.
No, those are just examples of what are light doses for me. I'm very comfortable on acid. But yeah, 1/2 a blotter is usually subjectively a lot stronger than .5g of mushrooms.

Although there are some non-cubensis mushooms out there that are insanely potent. Can't remember the name of the strain I'm thinking of.

I'd much rather trip alone than in the company of the people you described. Especially if they snitched on you, I would never trust them anymore.

The experience taught me to be very careful about the people you hang out with while high / tripping. I know it's not tripping (as in on psychedelics [even tho weed can be psychedelic] lol that's tricky), but once I got into a bad trip from a joint of skunk someone passed to me at a party. Party in which I knew absolutely nobody (I was drunk and met people in the street and they took me there, then they left, and I was there not knowing anyone). I sat on a chair, unable to speak, while the girl living there was standing next to me and saying out loud "someone take this "boulet" (insulting french slang to mean a useless and annoying person, like a "boulder"), but I could hear everything, including people talking about me in the next room. Not to say I was extremely paranoid. It was horrible. When I got better (15 minutes later) I took my stuff and left with some guys that were leaving too, and they refused to speak to me, and tried to lose me as I was having trouble getting my ticket out of my pocket in the subway (Yup. I like telling my life :p).

Also, now that my best friend is gone to another country (we were smoking and sometimes tripping together), I don't have other friends to trip with. Fortunately, my girlfriend is open to that and we trip together. If she wasn't there, I wouldn't have anyone esle and I'd probably trip alone, taking walks in the nature, etc.

Last edited:
Honestly, talk with these friends of yours about the situation you're having with them. A lot of people aren't very self-aware and do things like "snitch" on you for selling acid without even realizing it (I'm assuming these people were just excited telling others about their story and said they got it from you). MDMA is a pretty good drug for inducing empathy in people, maybe they would like to join you for a roll and you can all work out your issues then, or just talk it over over a joint.
Also, some friends just aren't good matches and that needs to be recognized. You can always meet new people with similar interests in life, the road is never closed even if it appears so. Having people around for these experiences definitely impacts the results, and while solo trips are nice, I feel going through these things with others is crucial. Need to keep things diverse. Good luck!

Meet new people, which might involve getting older though I don't know your age. Tripping alone can be the most introspective experience of your life. Do not ever trip with someone who wants to film you on their phone, and don't trip with someone who might not be able to handle it (handcuffs and ambulances come into play very easily these days).

I have the exact problem my friend. Here in Norway, the few people I know doing LSD are total dickheads, so I usually trip alone. The few options I have left don't like psychedelics very well, so they almost never wanna trip when we have the opportunity.

Have been trying to find some new friends to do it with, but noone is interested. And I don't wan't everyone to know that i'm doing LSD, you know?

No, those are just examples of what are light doses for me. I'm very comfortable on acid. But yeah, 1/2 a blotter is usually subjectively a lot stronger than .5g of mushrooms.

Although there are some non-cubensis mushooms out there that are insanely potent. Can't remember the name of the strain I'm thinking of.

Sounds about right.

*edit.

I dunno how this quote thing works or how to delete this. Nevermind/

Things you can do:

Dose Low

Use a benzo

Drink alcohol

Tell people you are irritated

Eat McDonalds breakfast. This is what im going to do. Its delicous. Kinda off topic. But yea.

Talk about adam sandler movies with friends. Such as Big Daddy.

8(