Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tricked by DXM freebase.

Kusarihateru

Greenlighter
This is a story from a little while back, its not exactly a trip report, its just an interesting experience.
A few months ago I had extracted some DXM freebase. I ended up with around 600 - 700 mg (A lot of DXM in the syrup here). I didn't have a scale, so I just eyeballed the amount. I took what I believed to be 300mg, which might not seem like much to the experienced user however its a decent amount for someone as light as I am (125 - 130 pounds). I just parachuted the paper and waited. A lot of time passed, nothing happened. I had been using DXM somewhat frequently at the time and I thought that I was getting tolerance, which I had read can be pretty strong for DXM. Thinking this, I (stupidly) decided to ingest the rest of the DXM I had extracted. I waited, nothing happened. After waiting for around 5 - 6 hours I was disappointed. It was late, I was getting ready to sleep. Then it happens, it hits me. I had never taken such a large dose, and it was all starting to hit me. Luckily I actually really enjoyed the trip, which is surprising considering the situation and the way DXM is. I've never had such vivid visuals. I got under some blankets and I actually saw my surroundings physically change. I literally saw myself on a roller coaster, from my first person perspective, and I watched as I was thrown off this roller coaster, fell through the sky, landed in a phone booth that then went underground into a subway train. It sounds ridiculous but this is what I actually saw. It was such a vivid experience and I haven't had any like it since then. Though I haven't actually done DXM since then.
This is where my question comes in. Is it common for DXM freebase powder to take so long to kick in? With most substances I ingest I'm enjoying the experience within 20-30 minutes, even if I'm not on an empty stomach. I would also like to read any of your similar experiences with DXM. Thanks!