• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trazodone snort or take orally? Experiences please

Makingithappen88

Greenlighter
Have trazodone 50mg I have been reading up and see a lot of mixed information. Some say nothing good about them some have said it can cause euphoria or benzo effect. I'm curious if someone has tried them what they thought. Also anyone know if snorting causes them to give you a different high?

Trazodone doesn't really have any recreational value, but it's a really really effective sleep med. If you have trouble falling asleep, you could take it for that. Its real sedating, so you might find it fun to mix with some other drugs or on a stimulant crash. It won't actually contribute to the high, but it'll make you sedated, which some people enjoy while high on certain drugs. Take it orally, snorting it won't really be more effective. Be super careful with it though, don't take high doses because it can cause permanent damage to your penis. There's a chance of it happening at any dose, but the higher the dose the more likely it'll happen and the more damage it'll cause if it does. If you have an erection for more than 4 hours, go to the hospital. I took 200 mg of Trazodone once to fall asleep, went to bed, and woke up the next morning with an erection so bad it physically hurt. A lot. I made the mistake of not going to the hospital and instead just taking some celexa, which took an hour and a half to make it go down, so it ended up lasting over 11 hours. Now I'm an inch shorter and have difficulty getting and maintaining an erection. I really don't recommend using Trazodone because of this, but I believe people should be able to make their own choices and should be educated about it so I figured I'd answer your question and give you all the info I have.

its a pretty weak high/possible placebo
great for sleep, and used as an anti-depressant at higher doses - anti-d's tend not to be too recreational, although i;m pretty sure that's only a secondary use but i could be wrong

tl;dr use it for sleep

I would just take trazodone orally. There is no advantage to snorting them.

Yep, take it orally most definitely. Absolutely NO advantage in snorting it. Just take it as it was prescribed and for what it was given to you for.

On the topic of trazadone and other psychotropic drugs like seraquel perhaps. Why do these drugs give me restlessness (arms and legs) like i get when in opiate withdrawal dope sickness, but seem to have such great sedating effects on most other people? I think i may have read somewhere that some people get adverse reactions to these drugs, but i think i may need reminded.

I heard about the damage to the penis and erectile functioning this drug can cause too. Not good man.

Trazadone works great and is great to have for insomnia, I'm proscribed 150mg and swear by it. Save it for when you really need it to sleep

I think its once i became a heroin addict those drugs quit working properly for me. I too am on a benzo (clonazepam) now for sleep issues. Benadryl anf psychotropic drugs just dont cut it no more.

I think its once i became a heroin addict those drugs quit working properly for me. I too am on a benzo (clonazepam) now for sleep issues. Benadryl anf psychotropic drugs just dont cut it no more.
Ever seen your pupils with trazadone? They are like pinpoints. So I can see why after opioid use it stops working, best of luck OP

Nah, i have found that trazadone dont do shit but make RLS and give me adverse reaction, a different reaction than everyone else gets.

Its not that it stops working cuz i am a daily user of heroin or other opiates. Even after terms of being all the way clean, then being put on trazodone, it still has the same effect as it did when i was actively using opiates. If i happened to of been in withdrawal and took trazadone, the effects would be magnified, and i would likely be in for a road of hell until the drug wore off.

Though i remember 1 time i was in some pretty bad heroin withdrawal with a couple friends who were in the same boat. We were looking all over the place for simething that might help us when a friend pulled a couple round white pills (pliva) ... 100mg trazodone. She said the stuff may help, and me thinking about seraquel made WD worse for me, i still hesitantly took the pill.

I was laying on the floor feeling like shit, when i started to feel sedated, i was like WHOA this shit is actually working.... i decided fuck i am gonna take a long sleep thru this shit and hopefully someone wakes me up to a shot.

Well.... it happened to keep me sedated for all of 15mins or so, then vanished, and full on heroin WD returned... RLS back in full swing.

I think these reactions i get from taking psychotropic medications is just from neurotransmitters in my brain being just fried out, and chemical imbalances out the wazoo.

Really i guess for me, if a medication , psych meds, and pain killers, i can only go with narcotics, cuz they are what temporarily balance out the imbalances, and get the neurotransmitters firing again. (Only temporarily) i figure my only other option and truthfully the best one, is no meds at all, then letting those brain mechanisms heal themselves over time .(many months of healing) Giving time time on its own is the best.

Nah, i have found that trazadone dont do shit but make RLS and give me adverse reaction, a different reaction than everyone else gets.

Its not that it stops working cuz i am a daily user of heroin or other opiates. Even after terms of being all the way clean, then being put on trazodone, it still has the same effect as it did when i was actively using opiates. If i happened to of been in withdrawal and took trazadone, the effects would be magnified, and i would likely be in for a road of hell until the drug wore off.

Though i remember 1 time i was in some pretty bad heroin withdrawal with a couple friends who were in the same boat. We were looking all over the place for simething that might help us when a friend pulled a couple round white pills (pliva) ... 100mg trazodone. She said the stuff may help, and me thinking about seraquel made WD worse for me, i still hesitantly took the pill.

I was laying on the floor feeling like shit, when i started to feel sedated, i was like WHOA this shit is actually working.... i decided fuck i am gonna take a long sleep thru this shit and hopefully someone wakes me up to a shot.

Well.... it happened to keep me sedated for all of 15mins or so, then vanished, and full on heroin WD returned... RLS back in full swing.

I think these reactions i get from taking psychotropic medications is just from neurotransmitters in my brain being just fried out, and chemical imbalances out the wazoo.

Really i guess for me, if a medication , psych meds, and pain killers, i can only go with narcotics, cuz they are what temporarily balance out the imbalances, and get the neurotransmitters firing again. (Only temporarily) i figure my only other option and truthfully the best one, is no meds at all, then letting those brain mechanisms heal themselves over time .(many months of healing) Giving time time on its own is the best.
Ginseng, 5htp, PRN cannabis