• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Withdrawal Duration

Raven_6

Greenlighter
Hi guys,
I've been on Tramadol for the last two years, starting at 100mg, going all the way up to 800mg. But I've finally decided to come off it completely. I've managed to taper off to 37.5mg a day for the last week. Do you think I can go cold turkey from here without experiencing much withdrawal? or for how long do you think withdrawal would last in your experience?
Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,
I've been on Tramadol for the last two years, starting at 100mg, going all the way up to 800mg. But I've finally decided to come off it completely. I've managed to taper off to 37.5mg a day for the last week. Do you think I can go cold turkey from here without experiencing much withdrawal? or for how long do you think withdrawal would last in your experience?
Thank you in advance!
I’m not too sure man, but I use a fair bit of tramadol. I Use over the safe threshold for not getting seizures so I use a benzo to prevent seizure. I know that’s risky, but just wanted to say good luck for tapering down to such a small dose.

Im pretty sure someone on here has documented getting off tramadol? I could be wrong. I’ll have a look in the search engine and see if I can find it.

Well done again and good luck, stick with it.

This thread has a little bit of info and references some other threads. Try and find those for more info maybe?

Hi guys,
Thank you in advance!
My withdrawl from tram last about 20 days.Pretty long.Three years on 200 mg daily.37.5mg is nothing.Jump without fear,but its good to have something aside for sleep

Shit, I need to read better before I comment some times.

As for OP, I think you're fine at that dose. It's a very low dose of tramadol.
As for anyone else on higher doses....
You do not want to cold turkey tramadol.

I was addicted/dependent on tramadol for over 10 years. You want to very much taper your doses!

Withdrawal from trams can last up to 7 days, but expect to feel shitty for awhile. In fact, I don't want to scare monger, but I feel as tho I never "truly" recovered from a life without tramadol. I ended up on buprenorphine instead. PAWS is a very real issue and the severity can vary, especially the longer you've been using.

2 years is a decent amount of time but I think if you stop now and don't look back, you won't have it as severe as I did.
Good luck OP!

Last edited:

This thread has a little bit of info and references some other threads. Try and find those for more info maybe?
Supersonic is a great guy!

For some people, especially good metabolizers, tramadol can become a very potent and dependence forming opioid/SNRI.

Shit, I need to read better.

As for OP, I think you're fine at that dose.

As for anyone else on higher doses....

PLEASE DO NOT COLD TURKEY TRAMADOL!!!

I was addicted/dependent on tramadol for over 10 years. You want to very much taper your doses!
Well quitting 37,5 mg tramadol habbit is not cold turking.Its really nothing.Such dose i think contains only tramacet(ultracet).Ordinary trams are at 50 mg capsule minimum.When i quitt this shit physically felt almost nothing.Had insomnia,depressions,dellussions....just felt that i am going insane.Was paranoid and was really hard to separate reality from fiction.But felt absolutely no pain.Ofcourse it was not cold turkey,cause i took minimal dose of pregabaline(150 mg daily),chlorprothixene and some other psychiatric meds for a week only.Then throw all this stuff in the garbage,cause they made me feel like shit.Left only lyrica for a while.But withdrawl was bad.I was prepared to withdrawl from some casual opioid.Nothing,nothing compared to that.Instead had insanity,insomnia and strong irritability to level of agresion.I remember that spoke to myself that this is worst than heroine withdrawl.After that never had even think to touch this again.Something that cannot say for poppies and i sufferred a lot because of them.

Supersonic is a great guy!

For some people, especially good metabolizers, tramadol can become a very potent and dependence forming opioid/SNRI.
There is only one opioid that for me is total crap-Demerol.I knew people that love this shit and preferred it than anything else.I tried this in combo with morphine too -only totally destroyed morphine euphoria....it work well strangely only with crystal.....weird thing

Thank you all for your support and replies. I really appreciate the help.

I didn't take any Tramadol today, and I was surprised that I actually felt no physical nor mental discomfort. Though all day it has been on my mind. Kind of waiting for the bad effects to happen, but none so far.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

But I have to mention that I'm quadriplegic, and I can't feel most of my body. Maybe that stifled the physical discomfort of the withdrawal.

A year ago I was on average of 400mg daily. I tried to stop CT and I lasted a week. But I remember at that time I had a runny nose, yawning constantly, sneezing, eyes watering. It was a mess, but no mental discomfort. Just the usual depression that I've always had. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tramadol is like a miracle drug to me. it removes my depression completely for the remainder of the day. But after a while it started losing its effect. So I figured I should take a "Drug Holiday" to lower my tolerance, or find an alternative.

Thank you all for your support and replies. I really appreciate the help.

I didn't take any Tramadol today, and I was surprised that I actually felt no physical nor mental discomfort. Though all day it has been on my mind. Kind of waiting for the bad effects to happen, but none so far.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

But I have to mention that I'm quadriplegic, and I can't feel most of my body. Maybe that stifled the physical discomfort of the withdrawal.

A year ago I was on average of 400mg daily. I tried to stop CT and I lasted a week. But I remember at that time I had a runny nose, yawning constantly, sneezing, eyes watering. It was a mess, but no mental discomfort. Just the usual depression that I've always had. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tramadol is like a miracle drug to me. it removes my depression completely for the remainder of the day. But after a while it started losing its effect. So I figured I should take a "Drug Holiday" to lower my tolerance, or find an alternative.
Tramadol was amazing for my depression as well.

Not being able to feel most of your body might be a good thing during withdrawal then, as you won't feel the aches & muscle/joint pains that usually accompanies withdrawal.

Unlike other opioids though, tramadol actually releases serotonin (similar to MDMA, although much more weak), while also inhibiting it's reuptake.
This combined with it's opioid properties makes it a really difficult drug to get off of IMO.

So expect some depression. I use to get suicidal during tramadol withdrawal. It was truly painful for me at times.

I have been unable to find any alternatives. Buprenorphine is somewhat similar to tramadol, but nowhere near as euphoric or as mood lifting. Plus I found taking buprenorphine for awhile kind of removed the magic from tramadol (even with tolerance breaks).

Well quitting 37,5 mg tramadol habbit is not cold turking.Its really nothing.Such dose i think contains only tramacet(ultracet).Ordinary trams are at 50 mg capsule minimum.When i quitt this shit physically felt almost nothing.Had insomnia,depressions,dellussions....just felt that i am going insane.Was paranoid and was really hard to separate reality from fiction.But felt absolutely no pain.Ofcourse it was not cold turkey,cause i took minimal dose of pregabaline(150 mg daily),chlorprothixene and some other psychiatric meds for a week only.Then throw all this stuff in the garbage,cause they made me feel like shit.Left only lyrica for a while.But withdrawl was bad.I was prepared to withdrawl from some casual opioid.Nothing,nothing compared to that.Instead had insanity,insomnia and strong irritability to level of agresion.I remember that spoke to myself that this is worst than heroine withdrawl.After that never had even think to touch this again.Something that cannot say for poppies and i sufferred a lot because of them.
Yeah I read the post too fast & then realized that OP said they were already down to 37.5mg. This is good and is a relatively low dose that shouldn't be too hard to jump off of.

Around 225g of Lyrica per day helped 400mg a day tramadol withdrawl. I take it for about 4 to 5 days afer.
My withdrawls were mainly a feeling of wanting to turn my shoulder blades inside out, from restlessness and muscle aches. Also sometimes restless legs. So Lyrica *Pregabalin helps this quite a lot and maybe a few sips of alcohol, not too much to lift your mood a little.

Hi guys,
Thank you in advance!
I was in Tramadol for almost 5 years. My habit started slow, one 50mg tab at bedtime. The first time I took it I could not believe how this simple nonscheduled drug made me feel. I slept like all was good with the world. Well soon I wanted to feel that good all the time, so I started taking a dose around lunch.
What the drug started to do next surprised me and made me crave it more. I had endless amounts of energy, my appetite decreased, I lost 20 lbs and I could still fall asleep so easily at night. Hey, what more could you want!!
Towards the end, I was up to 1000mg a day. I am still amazed and beyond grateful that I did not have a seizure.
I tried to taper down as I knew my supply was running low and making the trip to Mexico to purchase more was impossible. I was not successful with tapering and ran out. Cold turkey, I swore if I lived through that hell I would never touch them again. It’s been 6 years now and I won’t even look at a Tramadol!! Even vacationing in Mexico there is no desire to even think of buying them.
I’ve withdrawn from a few different things, Tramadol was by far worse than the big H!!
Not only the physical symptoms, the fever, muscle aches with no end in site, restless leg pain, the intestinal issues, brain zaps. The mental depression was horrible!! It was suicidal depression.
In my humble opinion, with tapering down, I would go a bit further. If you could get down to 12.5mg and then wean off. If you are not going to run out of pills go slow to be successful. Getting down to 37.5mg is great, be proud of yourself!! Hang in there!

Hi guys,
Thank you in advance!
I could. 2500 mg is not even a big deal. 400 or more would make me sick.

Not sure if you've quit yet or not. I've been prescribed Tramadol for 7 years. There were 3 times I tried to come off of it cold turkey and managed to stay off for awhile. The pain would usually come back around when I gained weight and I would go back on Tramadol again till I lost the weight. In the beginning year or two if I abused the bottle and ran out 2 weeks early it would be more like a "metabolic crash" for a few days without the SEVERE withdrawal symptoms of being on for years. I've never been through Heroin withdrawal, but I've heard from others that Tramadol withdrawal is worse, and I can agree that it's pretty horrible if you've been on it for awhile. You will not get any sleep. You will be freezing in your house when the temperature is 75. You'll feel nauseated, weak, increased pain, sweat like a beast, restless leg syndrome like it's going out of style and the list goes on. The depression is the worst from it having the SSRI anti-depressant qualities. I have decided to come off Tramadol again to have boosted testosterone levels since I have a serious girlfriend that has a sex drive like a rabbit. I have tapered down to 1/3 of a pill from 8 pills a day. I've been on this amount for a week now and am close to being completely off now. However, I am still worried that I will experience a bunch of bullshit withdrawal given past times coming off.

Being on this for three years on same 200mg daily.Insomnia was very long,severe depression,strange mental states.there was no symptoms like opioid withdrawl.Different.But was long and bad.At the same time quitt and benzos at low doses.With tram suceed,with ocassional tablet codeine,when was too unbereable.After a month insomnia restart low dose benzo.Years ago.Hope not take it again,never felt opiate buzz from them besides some painkilling properties and some stimulation

My insomnia was a month...but at the same time quitt and low dose benzo...but it last long...more than a week for sure i think