• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol Addict Taper Schedule, Help & Critique Please

v0lt3r

Greenlighter
Hello, i'm 25 years old, and i have been taking tramadol for 1.5 years daily, i take 8 pills of at morning and another 8 pills at afternoon, i take 8 because its the limit for convulsions start to happen (400mg), even if i take 800mg daily and 400 its the maximum i never had a seizure. When i started i took only 100mg of tramadol and i kept increasing the dose until now. At the same time, i added gabapentin for reduce the risk of convulsions, but honestly, i also like the effect. I take 3200mg of gabapentin (4 pills of 800mg) and 1 hour after another 3200mg. So total dosage 6400mg. I also take sertraline (100mg daily) that i added for stop some withdrawal symptoms of tramadol SSRI/SRNI. Even if it increases the serotonin syndrome i feel allright. And helps, so its worth the risk.

So, i did go the doctor, told him that i wanted to detox (i want my fucking life back without go to pharmacy every 3 days to pick 1 box of 60 tramadols). And he did a taper, but honestly don't feel very solid, at least for a guy like me that has been reading everything about drugs and neuroscience for the last 8 years. She its not very experienced in this and the taper she did was in seconds without think too much about it. Anyway its this:

TRAMADOL:

2 days - 7-8
2 days -> 7-7
2 days -> 6-7
2 days -> 6-6
2 days -> 5-6
2 days -> 5-5
3-4 days -> 4-5
3-4 days -> 4-4
3-4 days -> 4-3
3-4 days -> 3-3
3-4 days -> 3-2
3-4 days -> 2-2
3-4 days -> 1-2
3-4 days -> 1-1
3-4 days -> 1-0

GABAPENTIN:

2 days -> 4-4
2 days -> 4-3
2 days -> 3-3
2 days -> 3-2
2 days -> 2-2
2 days -> 2-1
2 days -> 1-1
2 days -> 1-0

that its a 48 days taper, im currently doing it, im on 6-6 and feel bad withdrawal symptoms, but i feel like 2 days its not enought to get used to the new dose. I have read that most people go down 50mg a week (1 pill). but if im taking 16 pills that would be 112 days taper ! thats crazy, i can't be on withdrawal even if low for that long... also, seems a nightmare. Also the gabapentin taper seems shit to me, drop 800 mg every 2 days seems a very very high dosage for me, but well... also will be off much before than the tramadol, so i will be taking tramadol alone, and gabapentin helps alot with the withdrawal symptoms of tramadol, but there is no way to talk with this doctor about that, she says its correct, that gabapentin its not that addictive and i can do that taper...

Im using some offlabel things to ease some symptoms of opiate withdrawal, currently taking clonidine 0.125 for the high levels of noradrenaline i have. Half pill 3 times daily, so 1,5 pills daily. Its a very low dose, but helps, more increase sedation. And also take loperamide 2mg, 4 pills every day, for the bowel symptoms. they help, but still im very unconfortable, with sudoration, piloerection, hot/cold flush, difficult to sleep, depression, diharrea and gas (even with the loperamide), and more things that i don't remember right now.

Anyway, opinions?

thank you very much.

Sorry I don't have a lot of input but I was on tramadol for 9 months, with Oxycodone and hydrocodone in between. The one thing I remember about the withadrawls is the mental is worse than the physical. The worst was the depression in my experience, the only thing that really helped was weed, but any benzo would be a life saver as well. Good luck.

One thing I don't understand about Tramadol is how you feel that immediately mood lift even on your first dose, that "speedy" high that I've heard is attributed to the SNRI properties, not the opiate-enduced euphoria.

But I thought SNRI had to build up in your system over time. I suppose this is where a lot of the "mental" withdrawal and brain zaps come from when its stopped.