L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Toxic people you cut out of your life

crazyhairman

Bluelighter
Let's recap some friends, love interest, or family that didn't make the grade over the years.

Recently I was contacted via social media by some past ex friends and it made me think.

I think by my count it's 7. 7 people I once either called a friend or partner that I've cut completely out of my life.

One of em just got out of prison recently. Of course he's tried to reach out to me. I'm not going to even respond. I know nothing I say or do will ever get through to him. Either he will scam, hurt and use people or not. But I'm not going to give him a chance to find out.

Some lady from 15 years ago reached out to me to try to apologize for how things ended between us. I pretended I didn't remember her.

There's all kinds of people I avoid but I don't have any personal feelings towards them. It's more just like self-preservation. They typically burn all of their bridges and use everyone around them I just take myself out of the equation.

There are seven people that are essentially dead to me. And sadly anyone associated with those seven people I also must avoid. Mutual friends family members it doesn't really matter. My safety and health will always come first.

Too many to count. My most recent being a girl I was seeing that would say one thing but do something completely different. I’m done listening to peoples words, they mean nothing. I judge solely based on actions and that seems to frustrate a lot of folks. I hate hypocrisy too, which seems rampant these days.

All my friends from HS are gone. Pretty much anyone that wasn’t bolted down is gone. Part of that is due to my introverted nature. I’ve been a loner since I was born and probably always will.

-GC

i know some people that don't contact me anymore and i'm pretty sure it's because i always have weed and they partake even though they are trying to stay sober. i don't know what they do now that weed is legal. maybe it was other reasons why they stopped contacting me though.. having friends seems like a lot to keep up with sometimes. i mostly keep to myself... my exgirlfriend actually sent me a tie dye t shirt recently and i was talking to her about her life with kids over email. she even took her kids to my cousins party that she made friends with to meet me a few years ago now, but i didn't go. i thought it'd be weird. i'm not good with kids... i gave her the idea to tie dye shirts though. i was doing it and thought her art was always neater than mine so she'd be better at it. i actually told her to make me a shirt like some drawing that i used to do and she remembered how to do it and put it in a t shirt really well.

Had to cut loose from some.
Some left without warning.
Lemme think on this a little maybe I can add something.
Thoughtful.

My piece of shit brother who has been violent towards me so many times and has injured me and when it had happened so many times in the past the most recent time I decided Im pressing charges and unbeknownst to me my family went around and unplugged our land lines and stole MY CELLPHONE and said "we arent giving it back until you calm down tomorrow you will regret calling the cops if you do it right now". But when I defended myself in the past? Cops called police report embellished on their part and got me 3 years probation and a 3 thousand dollar fine. I hate every last one of them and will never forgive it and they are dead to me.

I cut people out of my life mainly for these reasons:
1) Irreconcilable differences / arguments and conflicts that recur frequently but are never resolved. In short: too much drama.
2) Abuse (psychological or physical) / violence / personality disorders (especially narcissism) / severe boundary violations that are never reconciled or prevented from happening again.
3) Being continually deprioritized / flaked out on / taken for granted / conveniently ditched / neglected or ignored beyond what is reasonable for a healthy relationship.

If we're going with "toxic" then I consider these toxic relationship traits.

I can count on less than two hands how many people I've had to cut out of my life for these reasons, but each time it was pretty traumatic.

If there were a PhD on this topic, I would have it. The red-flag filter I've developed over the years makes me a shark for this bullshit. I screen people out before they ever become an issue.

What virtues did I master from all this? Values and self-esteem.

Too bad I can't put it on my resume.

i had an abusive friend in high-school, probably a bit of a sociopath... one day i hit my limit and beat his ass in front of the class while we waited for teacher.

i've dropped people for being flakers, if they don't wanna make time for me then there's no sense investing my time either.

most common for me is cutting ties over people being psychotic. you know the type of person you meet who seems perfectly normal for hours, days, maybe even weeks... then one day they just whoops, go and nonchalantly do something so unhinged it's like wow i don't want any more surprises like this

I cut every people in My Life, who makes me feel Even a little bit Paranoid or uncomfortable in any way. Just like that, i tell them to leave me alone for good. I don't need anyone, who doesn't Make me feel safe and comfortable around them. Even a little bit of any kind of a mind games or shady humor, or gossiping other people, they're out of My Life.