• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tough time here. How did you go about dealing with post acute withdrawals?

^ probably way more than you would ever think.. happens slow but progress is progress and gets us where we want and need to go.

Oh, and I do plan to go for a leisurely walk tonight since it's no longer 85 degrees out. I need to do more, much more to fight this. Yesterday I sat staring at the walls all day, secluding myself....and not even answering calls or texts. And I didn't have pleasant thoughts in my head. Today I'm just chilly and tired yet sleep is still hard.

Isolation is a major symptom of addiction. When ever you find yourself doing this you may take inventory and look at where you currently are in the addiction cycle. After periods of recovery it usually indicates we are close to relapsing and thus need to reset the cycle so we don't.

Are you going to give a go at a support group?

^ probably way more than you would ever think.. happens slow but progress is progress and gets us where we want and need to go.

Isolation is a major symptom of addiction. When ever you find yourself doing this you may take inventory and look at where you currently are in the addiction cycle. After periods of recovery it usually indicates we are close to relapsing and thus need to reset the cycle so we don't.

Are you going to give a go at a support group?
I did get myself out for a bit. I blasted some music in my new vehicle . Went to Walmart to exchange a DVD player I recently bought but for the life of me I couldn't get out of the vehicle and go in.

I smoke cigarettes (bad, yes I know but to quit that too right now would certainly not make things any easier) and needed a pack, went to a local convenience store and I was all bubbly and cheerful to the cashier as if I was a "normal" person. We spoke for a good half hour and my anxiety and racing thoughts vanished. I was just so absorbed into how friendly she was.

Then I did take the small walk...half way through what my goal was? It began to rain. Not a drizzle but rather a severe down pour. Many won't agree but I believe in subliminal messages and feel this was one (and no, I'm not under the influence of anything but my cigs). But I ponder, what? There's going to be storms but you have to keep on going??? Because by that point I was quite a distance from my vehicle and had to either move forward or turn back. And guess what? I turned back and wanted to get home quickly.

I sit too much. Another problem. So each time I feel a chill or a little shakey, I panic (and have severe panic disorder).

I think I am going to give a support group a try tomorrow. Just not one located in my small town. And as for the seclusion from people and just staring at my walls thinking, I did it for the last year while using which makes no sense to me.

Thanks for all your help neversick. It means so very much to me <3......and do you have any advise as for over the counter supplements that may help. Or rather are worth giving a shot? Like I said I'm taking a complete multi vitamin and the other product that just consists of fiber, vitamin b-12, amino acids and phosphorus.

Hi Pretty, I posted on BL a few weeks ago as I was needing all the help I could get quitting opiods and then nicotine. It's been a week since I had any kratom, and it looks like the misery of that final WD is nearly over.

So let me tell you what works for me, and it's really similar to what you were doing: Listening to music LOUDLY. That helped immensly in the 2 months after quitting O, I think it has to do with our adrenaline overshooting a bit after being low so long. That lust for loudness is slowly going away now though.

Hiking is great, I'm still in OK health and go as often as possible. Another thing I've started this week and won't quit anytime soon is going to the gym. There's a wonderful place in my area, they have pools, saunas, a spa, a restaurant, new machines etc etc. It's so much fun working out there, my muscles are burning pleasantly right now;) And somehow, strength training in a gym is a lot different than just hiking, gardening or walking, I had forgotten that. Addictive but in a good way. So when I feel particularily down (kratom has much more mental wd/s for me that O) I know I will just go there.

Hi Pretty, I posted on BL a few weeks ago as I was needing all the help I could get quitting opiods and then nicotine. It's been a week since I had any kratom, and it looks like the misery of that final WD is nearly over.

So let me tell you what works for me, and it's really similar to what you were doing: Listening to music LOUDLY. That helped immensly in the 2 months after quitting O, I think it has to do with our adrenaline overshooting a bit after being low so long. That lust for loudness is slowly going away now though.

Hiking is great, I'm still in OK health and go as often as possible. Another thing I've started this week and won't quit anytime soon is going to the gym. There's a wonderful place in my area, they have pools, saunas, a spa, a restaurant, new machines etc etc. It's so much fun working out there, my muscles are burning pleasantly right now;) And somehow, strength training in a gym is a lot different than just hiking, gardening or walking, I had forgotten that. Addictive but in a good way. So when I feel particularily down (kratom has much more mental wd/s for me that O) I know I will just go there.
Thank you so much for sharing:). I can't exercise too much (yet used to chronically until I developed RSD) but you just made me think.....there is a gym close to me that has all state of the art equipment plus a steam room and hot tub. I also could most definitely walk (not run as I once did) on a treadmill while blasting all my favorite "ampity" songs that are downloaded to my phone.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your response. I also congratulate you on being clean:).
Much, much love,
Bernadette

Last edited:
Notso,.. on the supplement/vitamin question I would consider adding in an additional vitamin D supliment, a neurotransmitter precursor like phenylalanine or tyrosine, 5-htp, calicium magnesium and zink, fish oil.

Your doing amazing:)

Notso,.. on the supplement/vitamin question I would consider adding in an additional vitamin D supliment, a neurotransmitter precursor like phenylalanine or tyrosine, 5-htp, calicium magnesium and zink, fish oil.

Your doing amazing:)
Thanks so much neversick:). It's a struggle but this site is like a Godsend. For me it's almost like going to an N.A. meeting. Except for I'm writing it and not speaking it. It works the same for me though. Especially by just sticking with this forum for now. I'm fine with hearing about other people's stories who are either trying to quit or have but I'm fragile when it comes to reading about people currently taking what I was and how amazing they feel.

Anyway, I already take a once per week Vitamin D (prescribed) tablet and extra calcium because the RSD and my spinal cord issues are making my bones prematurely very weak.

I also, just by skimming and before joining, remember seeing alot about tyrosine and 5-htp but at that time I was just looking for a quick fix for acute wd's (like there is one). I can't recall what I read though about each.

As for fish oil, I don't know why I didn't start taking it years ago since it's so beneficiary for a multitude of things.

Without reading anything into it (meaning google searching which I'm the queen of and then self diagnosing even though, I myself, am a nurse.) Put it this way, the Internet over the years has led me to believe I was "dying" all too many times even though I should know better. I did it as teen though too. I had hodgkins lymphoma, ovarian cancer....my list could go on because I "had" just about everything according to the net.

My overall point is that I'm not doing that anymore and am not going to even research supplements that I'm positive won't harm me. Will they help me? I'll allow my body to answer that:)

As always THANKS SO MUCH for everything. I appreciate it so, so very much <3