Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Total silence and "hearing" sounds on psychedelics

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Not so long ago I've starting experiencing with longer duration psychedelics, such as allylescaline and 1P-LSD.

It has been the second time now that I experience these sounds. Both times had in common that I had taken both allylescaline and 1P-LSD.

The sounds in question: I'm in total silence (first time in a house near the sea side, second time in a room in a nearly empty hotel). I start hearing weird noises. At first they are not loud, but if I pay attention to them, they get louder and louder. They are the alienest thing I've ever heard in my life. They are hard to describe. They seem to be heard not with my hears, more with my brain, if that makes sense. They feel like building up from my whole body / skull / every single cell in my body, like something metallic is resonating in my bone structure / cells membranes and the sound ends up hatching inside my brain. They kinda sound like percussions stretched out in time, with a bony / metallic / electric flavour. One sound lasts around 2-3 seconds, the pitch varies in time from high-pitched to low-pitched, and from low volume to high volume. Then there is a pause and another one starts, very similar, but always slightly different. When the sounds are at their maximum volume, it feels like my brain becomes kind of numb, in a comfortable way. It feels like something that you have to respect, and not look too much into it, something very mysterious and with a sacred flavour to it. Maybe like if it was the sound of my brain or something. Something that seems important.

Once I put my hands in the air while hearing them, and could, by moving my hands in the air, slightly modulate the sounds. Another time, they became very loud, and I had a single thought (I was in a bad mindset): maybe this is what you hear when you die. Terror instantly took over me and I felt like I was dying, I started crying and gasping for air, feeling immeasurable sadness from the fact that I was dying already, without having accomplished enough on this earth.

I found some music with sounds in them that actually sound a lot like the sounds I hear. Here's the link. Both the lower-frequency synth (example), and the higher-frequency percussions (example), remind me very much of the sounds I hear.

I was wondering if this was a common thing for people to experience on psychedelics in total silence. Do people hear sounds, if yes, what kind of sounds, are they similar to the sounds I hear? This is very interesting.

See you!

Last edited:
On lysergamides, I do hear "internal" sounds in complete silence, and your description as well as the sounds in videos you linked to match "my" sounds really well :)

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever heard these on shrooms or DMT, and I have yet to try a psychedelic phenethylamine. One drug that does bring these sounds out a lot would be AL-LAD - at times, the intensity of the internal sounds while tripping on it is absolutely ridiculous. Not subtle at all - more like somebody playing with Ableton inside your head.

I've been meaning to explore these sounds by putting my focus on them while meditating during a trip. Unfortunately, I don't get to trip very often nowadays, and when I do, it's usually for a specific reason, so I haven't made good on this intention yet. It's certainly an interesting area of research, though. I do agree that the sounds don't seem to be experienced with the ear, but at the same time, they do seem to be "heard" - what I mean by that is that this is very different from imagining a piece of music or a specific sound within your mind, where you sort of have an idea of the sound and its progression, but usually don't really hear it.

Last edited:
Psychedelics are well known for causing people to see patterns where they do not exist. This is because the brain is unable to filter out "noise" and instead begins trying to interpret it.

Synaesthesia is a common effect of psychedelics so I'd suggest what you had here was an extension of this - sensory feedback loops in the brain causing you to hear sounds which didn't exist, perhaps due to "electrical" noise in the brain. The manipulation by waving your hands would be synaesthesia :)

Oh yeah, psychedelics can definitely do that. I've even experienced a similar phenomenon when I smoked a lot of weed. I've actually had it happen with music too. It'd usually start by me thinking about it, but then I'd actually "hear" it as if it were playing through headphones. I get that mostly with dissociatives though, but weed has done it a number of times too. Never experienced it on shrooms either but on LSD I experience similar sounds to the ones in the video you posted. I very frequently "feel" music in my body too, in the sense that I literally have a physical sensations (such as a tingly rush throughout my body) in response to music that I enjoy. Synaesthesia is awesome!

Thanks for the answers!

On lysergamides, I do hear "internal" sounds in complete silence, and your description as well as the sounds in videos you linked to match "my" sounds really well :)

Awesome! After I heard these sounds for the 1st time, I thought about them and reminded about that track that I used to listen, went back to listen to it, and noticed the similarity. I thought that maybe the person who composed this music had heard similar sounds to those I heard while tripping, and wanted to make them as music. Like this could be a common pattern among psychedelic users, also maybe specifically substance-induced. Hence my question here.

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever heard these on shrooms or DMT, and I have yet to try a psychedelic phenethylamine. One drug that does bring these sounds out a lot would be AL-LAD - at times, the intensity of the internal sounds while tripping on it is absolutely ridiculous. Not subtle at all - more like somebody playing with Ableton inside your head.

I had never heard them either on shrooms / 4-HO-MET / 2C-D. I had tried AL-LAD but I was with a friend and we were tripping balls and laughing the whole time, we never took the time to be quiet. I had tried 1P-LSD, but was at a party. To be exact, the first time I heard those sounds, I was not only on 1P-LSD + allylescaline, but also on AL-LAD (and also on dissociatives and other psychedelics). The second time however, only allylescaline + 1P-LSD.
And yes they can get ridiculously intense! When it does, my headspace feels so comfortable, like an electrical current is going through my brain and making me feel pleasure.

I do agree that the sounds don't seem to be experienced with the ear, but at the same time, they do seem to be "heard" - what I mean by that is that this is very different from imagining a piece of music or a specific sound within your mind, where you sort of have an idea of the sound and its progression, but usually don't really hear it.

For me, even though I still couldn't put exact words on their place of origin, the sounds also seem to be of different nature than the music I hear sometimes when I'm high and start to fall asleep (this last one sounding more like some kind of a distorted memory of music, that comes to life). I have the feeling that we're trying to express the same thing here lol.

Synaesthesia is a common effect of psychedelics so I'd suggest what you had here was an extension of this - sensory feedback loops in the brain causing you to hear sounds which didn't exist, perhaps due to "electrical" noise in the brain. The manipulation by waving your hands would be synaesthesia :)

Awesome! The waving of the hands was like using some kind of futuristic invisible interface, as a way to modulate sounds in 3D (actually kind of similar to the theremin in a way when I think about it). I was doing different delicate and slow movements, like pinching in the air, rotating my hands, pulling, pushing etc. It was awesome.

Oh yeah, psychedelics can definitely do that. I've even experienced a similar phenomenon when I smoked a lot of weed. I've actually had it happen with music too. It'd usually start by me thinking about it, but then I'd actually "hear" it as if it were playing through headphones.

I've had that lots of times with weed as well, but the sounds described here seem to be different in nature than the music I hear when I'm high (cf. what I said up there in this post). Dissociatives don't seem to do this for me however.

Never experienced it on shrooms either but on LSD I experience similar sounds to the ones in the video you posted.

Awesome! So it would seem maybe we could start to make an hypothesis here that this effect could be caused by lysergamides specifically (also that the guy who made the music could have experienced it). This is very interesting.

:)

Last edited:
Very interesting for sure! I find LSD to be pretty unique among the psychedelics, both in that sense, the visuals, and even the headspace. I haven't tried any other lysergamides yet but am very interested in 1p-LSD and AL-LAD. I usually trip with music but now a couple silent trips are in order to further explore this side of lysergamides :)

I get this sometimes when sober. Actually I remember as a teenager (before any drugs), I would mow my parents' lawn and the sound of the lawnmower would invariably turn into these incredibly beautiful and complex church organ-like songs.

Recently my bass player friend and I have done an experiment twice, where we take dissociatives and 4-substituted tryptamines and then start playing music as the trip kicks in. Both times, we were creating this lush music that was telling a complex and detailed story with images and plots (which we both described the same later), and it was like we just knew what was supposed to come next. Whenever I'd take a break to pee or something, all the quiet background sounds I could hear would come together and continue to create this music, and then when I'd come back to playing I'd pick it up from there.

Psychedelics are well known for causing people to see patterns where they do not exist. This is because the brain is unable to filter out "noise" and instead begins trying to interpret it.

In my opinion, this noise is the product of an inverse dimension that we are normally unaware of. To say the noises do not exist is true to an extent - they aren't a part of our 3-dimensional reality. But it's very apparent that the unknown aspect, the cause of war is how to label 'non-experience itself'. Or the Anti-3d plane.

I understand modern society has a very unbalanced bias towards objective physical tangibility. The people using psychedelic drugs represent the body of society that will eventually pull the collective consciousness back in the other direction. A moment of balance, and then back into the other extreme.

But about the noise - A shifting of awareness from reality to the anti-reality is evident in most psychedelic drugs. I have absolutely zero proof, It's just my opinion. If every action has an opposite and inverse reaction - which it does - then why are physical dimensions any different than anything else? Magnets, gravity, emotions, sound waves, light waves, all energy has a mirror of itself before, after, and during itself.

I mean, it's a very real thing. The opposite dimension. This 'non-3-dimensional' plane is simply the place we go for the body and mind to trade places. So as my body becomes stationary, my mind becomes the inverse of itself which is now an anti-physical state of perpetual motion.

Here's my theory - The Egyptians saw this, and they drew this conclusion - The plant roots are shallow, this shows us that the 'Heavens' (anti-phsyical realm - universal law) Are far less occupied than the physical realm. This shows an unbalance. So they looked into the night sky, which was not polluted and completely different than it looks today, and plainly saw a fucking man with a bow and a quiver of arrows wearing a belt that.. hey, what do you say? It's the same exact pattern that we find in everything else, its pi, its fibonacci, its the illumati, its the equation.

So they designed an art monument in Giza, and aligned the 3 most royal pyramids using 3.14 to calculate the orientation and positioned in such a way that humanity for as long as one could imagine would be able to get the message. To me, the pyramids in Giza are a worldwide art installation, with the intention of portraying the idea for all of humanity that - the Pharaoh was just a symbol of a 'becoming aware of' the aforementioned concepts, they saw him as an entity that actually projected down to Earth from Orion's belt to teach the common people. So He is worthy of being preserved forever! It's the bringer of the information needed to move on. Because he sees the reality and the anti-reality within everything at all times. They believed that the human reality was a direct prediction of the anti-reality. And there are 3 types of people.

Wise - The most wise are preserved so that the afterlives the - (the anti-reality is when the body becomes non-physical, and the mind becomes physical) - so embalming paid tribute to their appreciation and the desire for these figures to live on. This is the fruit of the plant, the divine section of consciousness in physical form. Annuals, blooming once, and then blooming somewhere else.

Naive/learning - The major body of society, this makes up the stems and leaves of a vegetating plant. Lead by the wise, lead astray by the unwise. Most entities will repeat this process. Perennials, for example, make up the societal body. Reblooming, until change happens.

Unwise - These are the roots of the plant, completely closed off individuals are, upon death - adhered to the energy within the Earth's core. As slaves. The prisoners, the murderers, the rapists, they were destined to "blast off" into the Earth's CORE, which is a ball of liquid fire. These 'souls' or 'negative anti-reality occupiers' are fueling this engine that turns the Earth. The seeds, which represent the roots of a plant. These souls are subject to fueling the earth, until the major body has transcended, at which time they will be born again into a new existence.

And it seems evident to me, that we are being given the message everywhere that life is precious. I mean, the messages are all right in front of us. Look at a plant, it resembles everything as everything resembles it. Each slightly different, different stimulus and so on, but they're all the same. Just trying to thrive. What is beneath the surface? The root structure. Dig deeper, and it's a very long dark way the the core. Interestingly, the core of the Earth seems to be connected to the sun, by gravity.

So, Because of the mass human unwillingness to admit to this fact that the inverse of reality is a valid 'experience', the roots of the plant are barely breaking the crust. As we dive further and further into exploring the DMT, Mushroom, and every other psychedelic realms, the anti-space which is as equally infinite as space itself, will begin to get documented into existence through human experience. As this space becomes occupied with DNA documented experience, the roots of the plants of existence will bore down into the core of their source, as this happens 'Humanity' which is our collective consciousness, will shift at the speed of light into another realm of existence.

So ultimately.. All I can say is, if you don't get it.. Then i don't get it either.

I always get noises when I sit in silence, most a chatter like whispering as if people are whispering just behind my ears and laughing. It's quite comforting most the time, friendly, innocent and playful. However sometimes they get very aggressive and occasionally outright horrible.

On a combination of 30mg 4-aco-dmt and 150 mg MDMA I experienced a pure, divine, terrifyingly powerful tone that kept rising in intensity until I felt like I was about to be physically disintegrated. There is a good approximation of this sound in this song, it starts low in the background and increases in volume and intensity, I get chills from listening to it and remembering that original sensation of impending doom. https://youtu.be/P5zB-KHUAcU

I don't even recall the drug I was on but it was very DMT like, I was lying in bed with no music on and I was receiving the most wonderful psy-dub music from another plane of existence. It made me wish I had the tools and ability to recreate it and share it with others.

'The sound of silence' eh?

Yeah I hear silence sometimes. It is indeed quite weird, I used to hate those silent periods on trips. Just avoid it by having music constantly going if it gets to you.

DMT does it to me...I can hear the "elves"...laughing?...it sounds just like you drop a pebble into a long tube with water at the bottom...it's like pweeawwawawoowowowow...reverberations. That and "bubbles" popping inside my brain.

Hi all,

Not so long ago I've starting experiencing with longer duration psychedelics, such as allylescaline and 1P-LSD.

It has been the second time now that I experience these sounds. Both times had in common that I had taken both allylescaline and 1P-LSD.

The sounds in question: I'm in total silence (first time in a house near the sea side, second time in a room in a nearly empty hotel). I start hearing weird noises. At first they are not loud, but if I pay attention to them, they get louder and louder. They are the alienest thing I've ever heard in my life. They are hard to describe. They seem to be heard not with my hears, more with my brain, if that makes sense. They feel like building up from my whole body / skull / every single cell in my body, like something metallic is resonating in my bone structure / cells membranes and the sound ends up hatching inside my brain. They kinda sound like percussions stretched out in time, with a bony / metallic / electric flavour. One sound lasts around 2-3 seconds, the pitch varies in time from high-pitched to low-pitched, and from low volume to high volume. Then there is a pause and another one starts, very similar, but always slightly different. When the sounds are at their maximum volume, it feels like my brain becomes kind of numb, in a comfortable way. It feels like something that you have to respect, and not look too much into it, something very mysterious and with a sacred flavour to it. Maybe like if it was the sound of my brain or something. Something that seems important.

Once I put my hands in the air while hearing them, and could, by moving my hands in the air, slightly modulate the sounds. Another time, they became very loud, and I had a single thought (I was in a bad mindset): maybe this is what you hear when you die. Terror instantly took over me and I felt like I was dying, I started crying and gasping for air, feeling immeasurable sadness from the fact that I was dying already, without having accomplished enough on this earth.

I found some music with sounds in them that actually sound a lot like the sounds I hear. Here's the link. Both the lower-frequency synth (example), and the higher-frequency percussions (example), remind me very much of the sounds I hear.

I was wondering if this was a common thing for people to experience on psychedelics in total silence. Do people hear sounds, if yes, what kind of sounds, are they similar to the sounds I hear? This is very interesting.

See you!

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO READ MY TRIP REPORT, I EXPERIENCED LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME NOISES AS YOU! http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-experienced-World-of-frequency-and-vibration