• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Took 8mg Suboxone strip after using Kratom for years....felt nothing.

ickray

Bluelighter
So I've been taking around 15-20 grams of Kratom a day for a few years now, sometimes a little less. I've had a few suboxone strips hanging around for awhile now. Kratom has kind of lost its slight euphoric feelings and I just ran out so I decided to take a sub for the hell of it.
I was expecting at least a small buzz maybe even a slight nod, but nothing at all. How can 8mg of suboxone not touch a small Kratom habit? I feel like Kratom is lowkey stronger than most of us think or something. I know both are partial agonists but I'd expect 8mg of sub to at least give a slight nod a euphoric feeling with only a kratom habit. Anyway, I just took a xanny bar so I'm rambling at this point. Very underwhelming.

Have you used heavier opiates before?

The thing with buprenorphine, is that less is more.

I always got higher on 1mg than 8mg.

Have you used heavier opiates before?

The thing with buprenorphine, is that less is more.

I always got higher on 1mg than 8mg.
Absolutely. Had an epic heroin / fentadope habit before but its been a very long time since I messed with either. Long enough to where quality Kratom actually got me feeling pretty good, like a light hydrocodone feeling. I've actually taken around 2mg of bupe a few weeks back and felt nothing which is the reason why I thought I'd try the 8mg for the hell of it. I've known about the less is more situation with bupe, I'm just shocked that I literally didn't feel a thing after just doing Kratom for a long time. I'd expect the sub to rock me more than the Kratom did but that just wasn't the case for whatever reason.

It was those yellow Alvogen brand strips. I've heard here and there that people said they didn't have good results with them, but I'd assume by law they have to have 8mg of bupe in them and are fairly popular.

Don't they put some sort of naloxone in subs or something? Maybe somehow it got more absorbed than the actual suboxone.

How old was the strip? Could it have lost potency?

I've been doing the reverse, trying to catch some euphoria from kratom since I'm bored with bupe, but my bupe is a hell of a lot stronger and feels closer to an opioid than kratom does.

Less is definitely more with subs though. You could have taken like 1-2mg and probably got a better effect.

I haven't had much luck with kratom. Sure it gives me an effect but it almost feels more like some kind of obscure caffeine analogue rather than an opioid.

How old was the strip? Could it have lost potency?

I've been doing the reverse, trying to catch some euphoria from kratom since I'm bored with bupe, but my bupe is a hell of a lot stronger and feels closer to an opioid than kratom does.

Less is definitely more with subs though. You could have taken like 1-2mg and probably got a better effect.

I haven't had much luck with kratom. Sure it gives me an effect but it almost feels more like some kind of obscure caffeine analogue rather than an opioid.

The strip is at most a year old and was still unopened in its original packaging. I doubt it would of lost any potency in that time frame.
I took 2-3 mg of a strip a few weeks before this because of the less is more thing and still felt nothing.
I'm the opposite, I actually get opiate like feelings on Kratom, but it did take much trial and error of finding a vendor with really good Kratom.

Bupe is indeed a very powerful drug, so I am very confused on why a mid size Kratom habit would make Bupe essentially have no psychoactive effects for me.
Interestingly enough, I've recently read an article about mitragynine and or 7-hydroxymitragynine being able to block or dull the effects of stronger opioids.
I'm not sure the validity behind that, but it was an interesting read. I'll try and dig it up for anyone who's interested.

Kratom can definitely shoot your tolerance up, and 15-20 grams daily isn't a "light" or "moderate" kratom habit imo. That's a fair amount of kratom for every day, and taking that dose for years will increase your tolerance for all other opioids. Bupe really isn't that strong for people with high tolerance. I took kratom for about 6 years straight, now I've been on bupe for a few months 16mg a day.

Kratom can definitely shoot your tolerance up, and 15-20 grams daily isn't a "light" or "moderate" kratom habit imo. That's a fair amount of kratom for every day, and taking that dose for years will increase your tolerance for all other opioids. Bupe really isn't that strong for people with high tolerance. I took kratom for about 6 years straight, now I've been on bupe for a few months 16mg a day.

Without a doubt Kratom can increase tolerance to other opioids. It's just rather shocking how lackluster the effects of 8mg of suboxone was just from using Kratom. 8mg of bupe took away 85% of my withdrawals from a 2-3 bundle a day habit of ECP heroin and gave me a slight mood lift even coming off that massive habit. The only difference being that was in a detox that used the "brand name" sub strips while I just took a generic Alvogen version.

It's a potent drug, and although both are mainly partial agonists, I'd expect more of an opioid "feeling" from the bupe, not the Kratom. It makes me think that some of the alkaloids in the plant are much stronger than we may perceive them to be. I'd say 15-20 grams of Kratom a day is a moderate habit, but doses can be a debatable subject. It's just three 5 gram doses, one in the morning, late afternoon, and before sleep. There are people out there taking 40-80+ grams a day which is extreme, and just wasteful. 8 grams is considered a "heavy dose", while I've always needed at least 4-5 grams at a time (depending on the quality) for the opioid-like effects to rear their head.

Without a doubt Kratom can increase tolerance to other opioids. It's just rather shocking how lackluster the effects of 8mg of suboxone was just from using Kratom. 8mg of bupe took away 85% of my withdrawals from a 2-3 bundle a day habit of ECP heroin and gave me a slight mood lift even coming off that massive habit. The only difference being that was in a detox that used the "brand name" sub strips while I just took a generic Alvogen version.

It's a potent drug, and although both are mainly partial agonists, I'd expect more of an opioid "feeling" from the bupe, not the Kratom. It makes me think that some of the alkaloids in the plant are much stronger than we may perceive them to be. I'd say 15-20 grams of Kratom a day is a moderate habit, but doses can be a debatable subject. It's just three 5 gram doses, one in the morning, late afternoon, and before sleep. There are people out there taking 40-80+ grams a day which is extreme, and just wasteful. 8 grams is considered a "heavy dose", while I've always needed at least 4-5 grams at a time (depending on the quality) for the opioid-like effects to rear their head.
I guess you're probably right about doses, but taking that dose every day is still using a lot of kratom over time. Certainly not judging, I used to take that much or more for years.

Yeah I understand why you'd be surprised. The first time I took bupe without a tolerance I got really fucked up. I was surprised when realizing it no longer really worked for me too.

The strip is at most a year old and was still unopened in its original packaging. I doubt it would of lost any potency in that time frame.
I took 2-3 mg of a strip a few weeks before this because of the less is more thing and still felt nothing.
I'm the opposite, I actually get opiate like feelings on Kratom, but it did take much trial and error of finding a vendor with really good Kratom.

Bupe is indeed a very powerful drug, so I am very confused on why a mid size Kratom habit would make Bupe essentially have no psychoactive effects for me.
Interestingly enough, I've recently read an article about mitragynine and or 7-hydroxymitragynine being able to block or dull the effects of stronger opioids.
I'm not sure the validity behind that, but it was an interesting read. I'll try and dig it up for anyone who's interested.

Interesting, cause i've noticed while on buprenorphine, some times I'll be feeling the bupe and take kratom and it's almost like the kratom dulls or removes the effect of bupe (what little effect there is to begin with).

I also read yesterday that bupe releases dopamine similar to heroin, but much weaker and ONLY in small doses. So maybe taking the whole 8mg could have been a reason. I dunno. But you're right, it takes a long time for drugs to expire, if ever, especially in the original packaging.

Personally for me, if I take more than 4mg in one day, it feels like it does less than if I were to take 1mg at a time.