• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Took 40mg hydro 2 nights in a row, first night was great, second was awful. Whats up?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
Wenesday night I took one pill above my usual dose to confirm what I had been suspecting -- my tolerance went up. Felt great the whole night, first real good dose in a while. Zero issues. Tonight I took the same amount and it felt good for a bit, but right after the peak I started to feel extremely hot despite the AC running. Needed to pee badly from having soup for dinner but couldn't and it made the high really uncomfortable (normally I have a hard time peeing anyway, but this time seemed to last much longer). Also started feeling really nauseous and much drowsier than I normally feel on hydro. Hands were shaking a bit.

Any idea what could have caused this? Both doses were taken at the same hour, both on an empty stomach, and I'm not on any other meds besides vitamins and 5htp. I'm perplexed.

Wenesday night I took one pill above my usual dose to confirm what I had been suspecting -- my tolerance went up. Felt great the whole night, first real good dose in a while. Zero issues. Tonight I took the same amount and it felt good for a bit, but right after the peak I started to feel extremely hot despite the AC running. Needed to pee badly from having soup for dinner but couldn't and it made the high really uncomfortable (normally I have a hard time peeing anyway, but this time seemed to last much longer). Also started feeling really nauseous and much drowsier than I normally feel on hydro. Hands were shaking a bit.

Any idea what could have caused this? Both doses were taken at the same hour, both on an empty stomach, and I'm not on any other meds besides vitamins and 5htp. I'm perplexed.

Common side effects from taking too much. Tolerance isn't something that is set in stone, it moves up and down. I had a friend recently take a bit too much oxycodone and he was like you wondering wtf was going on. He isn't as experienced as I am so he hadn't had it happen to him before. Obviously in the event that you've taken way too much you'd want to go to the ER but in your case it was only a mild OD.

For peeing: Sit down, it makes it a lot easier. This is a common problem at any dose.

Feeling hot: again a common side effect. Most enjoy the "glow" although it can get a bit extreme sometimes. You just had to ride it out.

Nausea: Don't take them on an empty stomach put a bit of food in there before you start taking the pills. If you can manage it eating a little something will usually take the nausea away. If not you'll throw up but it isn't that bad on opiates (you'll probably just feel relieved).

Next time don't take the dose all at once; take half and see where you are. If needed you can add more on top later (I usually wait 30 minutes to an hour after I first feel effects).

Common side effects from taking too much. Tolerance isn't something that is set in stone, it moves up and down. I had a friend recently take a bit too much oxycodone and he was like you wondering wtf was going on. He isn't as experienced as I am so he hadn't had it happen to him before. Obviously in the event that you've taken way too much you'd want to go to the ER but in your case it was only a mild OD.

For peeing: Sit down, it makes it a lot easier. This is a common problem at any dose.

Feeling hot: again a common side effect. Most enjoy the "glow" although it can get a bit extreme sometimes. You just had to ride it out.

Nausea: Don't take them on an empty stomach put a bit of food in there before you start taking the pills. If you can manage it eating a little something will usually take the nausea away. If not you'll throw up but it isn't that bad on opiates (you'll probably just feel relieved).

Next time don't take the dose all at once; take half and see where you are. If needed you can add more on top later (I usually wait 30 minutes to an hour after I first feel effects).

Hey thanks for the response. I had always heard of nausea as a side effect to narcotics, but had never experienced it despite long time use. Perhaps it's something to only happen in the realm of higher doses?

Also while I do normally enjoy the glow, the overheating that night had been beyond the normal glow. As to where I started sweating badly.

Now heres my question. I'm not feeling super great off 30 mg anymore, but I tried the 40 mg again last night and while not as bad as the night before, still felt sick. Do I need to just stick with 30mg for a while longer until my tolerance is "ready" for 40? Or should I keep taking 40mg until my body just gets used to it?

I also was thinking of just taking tagamet with the 30mg and seeing if that will help without having to add the additional 10mg. I took tagamet and benadryl both with a 30mg dose once but the benadryl didn't agree with me and I think it masked whatever good the tagamet did for the euphoria. But then I think the tagamet also may have given me bathrooom issues, I can't tell if they were related. Guess no way to know other than to try the tagamet alone on a separate evening.

Thanks again.

I only read your first post but I can relate to your story... A year ago my recreational dose used to be 25-30mg and one day I decided to take 40mg and God it was the simply heaven... After that I took 40mg a few more times but felt sometimes like you said uncomfortable and then sometimes just no difference from let's say 30mg... You just took too much... Then one stupid day I decided to take 50mg cause it's all I had left and wanted to get super high and ended up throwing up... you just took too much... Just stick to the 30mg and maybe in a while do 35mg and so on.. it'd be smarter not to let your tolerance rise though

As for the peeing thing... few years ago I came across 50 10/325 pills and took too many one day and couldn't pee for hours, it's normal when you do too much.. and it should make you be more careful... I ended up dumping the 40 pills or so I had left in the toilet ;(.. for months I searched my room and bathroom to see if one of the had fallen out the bottle hahahaha

Also dude I may be wrong but it sounds like you're kind of new to hydro, so beware that you are right now in the best stages of recreational use... You're playing with fire and when you go through WD you will hate yourself, and also each time the high will be less and less intense, and when you chase that great feeling you once had, nausea and not peeing and those bad side effects can occur... Space your use, use smart

I only read your first post but I can relate to your story... A year ago my recreational dose used to be 25-30mg and one day I decided to take 40mg and God it was the simply heaven... After that I took 40mg a few more times but felt sometimes like you said uncomfortable and then sometimes just no difference from let's say 30mg... You just took too much... Then one stupid day I decided to take 50mg cause it's all I had left and wanted to get super high and ended up throwing up... you just took too much... Just stick to the 30mg and maybe in a while do 35mg and so on.. it'd be smarter not to let your tolerance rise though

As for the peeing thing... few years ago I came across 50 10/325 pills and took too many one day and couldn't pee for hours, it's normal when you do too much.. and it should make you be more careful... I ended up dumping the 40 pills or so I had left in the toilet ;(.. for months I searched my room and bathroom to see if one of the had fallen out the bottle hahahaha

Also dude I may be wrong but it sounds like you're kind of new to hydro, so beware that you are right now in the best stages of recreational use... You're playing with fire and when you go through WD you will hate yourself, and also each time the high will be less and less intense, and when you chase that great feeling you once had, nausea and not peeing and those bad side effects can occur... Space your use, use smart

Interesting. Hydro has always been my DOC because of the fact that it was the only drug I took that never gave me bad side effects. But I don't know what you'd consider "new to hydro" I've been daily dosing for probably a year now. Like I said, I just never have had side effects from it (other than not going to the shitter for days at at time lol).

Its really weird, I used to get them in the 5mg form only, but I'd get like 120 of them. Back in those days, it would take at least 2-3 months for my tolerance to rise. Now I have 10mg but I'd only get 30 at a time so supplies are kind of scarce unless I feel like blowing all the money I have. And now, for some reason, it feels like my tolerance is rising every 3 weeks? I think this is the point where people move onto harder stuff than hydro, but I'm trying not to do that. I really, really hope I don't anyway. But clearly self-control is not a strength of mine.

Thank you for your advice. I probably will just stick to 30 mg even if its not super fantastic. Saves me supplies anyway and its better than facing days where I might be able to have any at all which = WDs.