• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Told My Bupe Doc That the Bupe Dosages Commonly Scripted are Unnecessarily High

My sub doctor was pretty reasonable. She told me to start on four, and if I needed to I could bump it up to 8 or 16, but that she didn't think it would be necesairy to go to 16. so I started on four, and stupidly bumped it up to 8 and then 16, and stayed on that for a good two months. Over the past month and a half, I've lowered myself considerably. I either sniff 2 mg a day, or I shoot about 1 mg. Both of these hold me just find, and I find I actually get a little high off of them each time, whereas when I was at 16, I got nothing. So bupe really is better at lower dosages.

I haven't told my doctor that I've lowered since I last saw her, but I plan on it. I also feel a little guilty about starting to bang the things up, since its totally counter productive, so I'm going to leave that part out. I'm actually hoping she prescribes me less pills because that way I wont be tempted to over dose.

I di the same thing the OP did and my doc was a COMPLETE ASSHOLE....

she would walk out of the room in the MIDDLE OF A QUESIOTN

she wouldnt even answer my questions.

I do not think she really cares whatsoever about the people she has on suboxone treatment... and she is the only of THREE in the entire county!!!! if not larger area....

i am ery disappointed in her and actually plan on giving her a piece of my mind next week...

sinc eI have been off subs for a few weeks now, i am going to go back and "re-up" and give her a what-for
keep in mind your testosterone levels are high during w/d :)

my experience...... low-dose suboxone(2-4mg)=BETTER 1 time in 2 or 3 weeks i take 8-16mg and get a *little* high to tell myself that it's not all the way out of the picture for me. Yes i know I shouldnt *abuse* Suboxone....but I know I'm not the only one. I'll get to full sobriety one day...just this damn thing called self-control I'm still trying to get a handle on. I'm getting there, at least I'm not at the ER 150 miles away faking a toothache or ovarian cyst pain to get a couple shots of dilaudid and some beans to take home....damn those days bring back bad memories. but yes, i agree with the low dose thing. But i'll never tell my doc seeing as I'm one who is waiting on insurance and paying $7.35 per pill with some leftovers that I do "what I want with" as opiaekrzy suggested. Although I would never suggest selling pills here...bad bad// and illegal ;)

suboxone is VERY expensive med. it is around [snip] dollars at the pharmacy without insurnace, my theory is docs give u 3-4 subs a day to take to help pharmaceutial companies, it keeps the ball rolling. im on 3 subs a day, but only pay [snip] co pay for 90 pills month supply. in all reality, a heavy heroin addict only needs 8mgs at the most to be withdrawl free...4mg of sub kills all my w/d's whatever opiate im detoxing from... its funny in my area people pay [snip] per pill off the street, which is against the rules of this site and the doctor agreement but hey [snip] for 90 pills on a copay andmake [snip] off 10 pills cant beat it..oops did i say that
First of all, no price discussion is allowed.

I am sorry but that theory doesn't make any sense.

wWy the fuck would the doctors care about helpin the pharm companies. "it keeps the ball rolling..." what does that mean??

I could understand if you said they doctors were getting kickbacks...but is that really your theory lol? that the doctors want to help pharm companies and keep th ball rolling? Most people want to help...THEMSELF

Last edited by a moderator:
my experience...... low-dose suboxone(2-4mg)=BETTER 1 time in 2 or 3 weeks i take 8-16mg and get a *little* high to tell myself that it's not all the way out of the picture for me. Yes i know I shouldnt *abuse* Suboxone....but I know I'm not the only one. I'll get to full sobriety one day...just this damn thing called self-control I'm still trying to get a handle on. I'm getting there, at least I'm not at the ER 150 miles away faking a toothache or ovarian cyst pain to get a couple shots of dilaudid and some beans to take home....damn those days bring back bad memories. but yes, i agree with the low dose thing. But i'll never tell my doc seeing as I'm one who is waiting on insurance and paying $7.35 per pill with some leftovers that I do "what I want with" as opiaekrzy suggested. Although I would never suggest selling pills here...bad bad// and illegal ;)

IMO everyon should the fact that they are selling shit to themselves..no reason to post it here. all it's gonna do is raise red flags and shit. we don't need doctors/parents/medical staff thinking every patient does this

Last edited:
**Oh no, u might be like ME!**

IMO everyon should the fact that they are selling shit to themselves..no reason to post it here. all it's gonna do is raise red flags and shit. we don't need doctors/parents/medical staff thinking we are all like you

I dont sell my pills, but I do, do what I want with them and if you've ever read any of my other posts anywhere else you would know this instead of ASSuming that I "sell". I only mentioned opiatekrzy's name because he does what he wants with his, as I do. I take lower doses throughout the week, maybe 2 -3 weeks at a time, to be more specific, and then I double up to get a slight buzz with my extras. And NO, we wouldn't want doctors/parents/medical staff to think that we "abuse" our meds. I'm sure there are some lace-curtain members who believe they are better than the rest of us, but the fact is MOST of us are here because we are addicts and have ABUSED prescription medication, which is ILLEGAL, right? No we don't have to be proud of the mistakes we have made, but look around this site a little before you start judging someone for what they do with their medication because I'm sure you wouldn't be here unless you have in one way or another "abused" prescription meds. Pardon me, if I have made an assumption about you that has otherwise made me look like an ASS, but this I state because I believe it to be a fact. I understand that selling pills is illegal and is not to be brought up in Bluelight and I respect that, but in no way would I ever judge someone if that is what they choose to do, because at least "I" can admit that I havent always done everything 100% by the book when it comes to PILLS, otherwise I don't believe I would have found bluelight to begin with. but then again, who am I, you wouldn't want anyone especially doctors/parents/medical staff to think that you were an addict because that would suggest you did SOMETHING illegal *like me* (ohno!)8o

I dont sell my pills, but I do, do what I want with them and if you've ever read any of my other posts anywhere else you would know this instead of ASSuming that I "sell". I only mentioned opiatekrzy's name because he does what he wants with his, as I do. I take lower doses throughout the week, maybe 2 -3 weeks at a time, to be more specific, and then I double up to get a slight buzz with my extras. And NO, we wouldn't want doctors/parents/medical staff to think that we "abuse" our meds. I'm sure there are some lace-curtain members who believe they are better than the rest of us, but the fact is MOST of us are here because we are addicts and have ABUSED prescription medication, which is ILLEGAL, right? No we don't have to be proud of the mistakes we have made, but look around this site a little before you start judging someone for what they do with their medication because I'm sure you wouldn't be here unless you have in one way or another "abused" prescription meds. Pardon me, if I have made an assumption about you that has otherwise made me look like an ASS, but this I state because I believe it to be a fact. I understand that selling pills is illegal and is not to be brought up in Bluelight and I respect that, but in no way would I ever judge someone if that is what they choose to do, because at least "I" can admit that I havent always done everything 100% by the book when it comes to PILLS, otherwise I don't believe I would have found bluelight to begin with. but then again, who am I, you wouldn't want anyone especially doctors/parents/medical staff to think that you were an addict because that would suggest you did SOMETHING illegal *like me* (ohno!)8o

Lol a one sentence answer would have been MORE than enough. Even after reading all that...I don't really get your point? Also, I don't really get why you are so damn defensive taking shots left and right? Is there something I wrote that I don't know about-I am still trying to figure out how you came to the conclusion someone was judging you (if anyone is judging you it's you).

I made one SINGLE comment that I didn't think selling bupe pills should be talked about openly. Personally, I like doctors over prescribing, I love having those extra pills to do what I want with. I also think it will suck when doctors catch on. We don't need to advertise the illicit things we do with our bupe...becuase right now it's REALLY easy to get, which is a great tool for a addict trying to get clean.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to do some background research and page through all your old posts(yeah righttt)...all 19 of them. Or did you want me to seek you out on another forum lol.

For your information..yes I am an addict, I abuse heroin, prescription medication, I break laws, and yes, I couldn't give a FUCK if you sell your pills or you do whatever the fuck you were talking about..seriously do not care. what would give you the impression I do? D

I just think right now bupe is easy to get, which is a GREAT thing. It's easy for an addict to get help if they are trying to get clean. Imagine if bupe was as hard to get as oxy...that was my point, that openly talking about illicit use (i do not mean recreational lol) of bupe isn't a good thing becuase doctors might eventually STOP prescribing you all those extra pills, and the drug itself may become harder to get.

Last edited:
"we don't need doctors/parents/medical staff thinking we are all like you..."

that there statement was my point....and i'm not good with one sentence answers. sorry. The other point was don't assume things of people when if you dont know everything about them, or have read all their posts. your one single comment that people shouldnt openly talk about selling their pills went over that when you said you didnt want doctor/parents/medical staff thinking you are like "all of us", when in reality, you are like us in a very real way even if you don't openly discuss what you do with your extras.
Sorry if I did misunderstand your post, i took it that you didn't want to be put in the same category as "the rest of us", because I don't think there is much of a difference w/ addicts besides their DOC. Didn't mean to overreact, but I seem to do that because I really try not to judge anyone on their actions after the shit I've done and been through and it just kinda irks me to find someone in the same position being hypocritical. But if I took it wrong, like I said before, I sincerely apologize...just one who doesn't like to be judged by someone who is prolly doing the same as I. ;)
If bupe was just as hard to get as oxy, i would still be on methadone, and wow would my life be in a totally different place than it is now. I definitely wouldnt be on the computer right now, i'm sure i would be nodded out on my couch w/in a second or so of OD'ing like so many times before....but then again thats another day in the past life of me and I find I am rambling again....so like I said i cant post 1 sentence, although i do f*ckin try, i swear it. peace.

my post should have read

we don't want doctors/parents/medical staff thinking every patient sells/etc.. their medication

thats IT, no hidden meaning no BULL SHIT.

YES I KNOW, IN REALITY, I AM LIKE YOU "IN A VERY REAL WAY"

but uhh, i still don twant my doctor knowing;/thinking i abuse/sell my bupe. I don't think thats crazy..

Last edited:
The first time I was on suboxone (16mg/day) I sold them all, and with that money I bought dope. I obviously didn't tell him that I had sold them, I just said that I didn't want to be on it. Worked pretty well.

my post should have read

we don't want doctors/parents/medical staff thinking every patient sells/etc.. their medication

thats IT, no hidden meaning no BULL SHIT.

YES I KNOW, IN REALITY, I AM LIKE YOU "IN A VERY REAL WAY"

but uhh, i still don twant my doctor knowing;/thinking i abuse/sell my bupe. I don't think thats crazy..

thanks for your no bullshit explanation. hell i dont want my doctor knowing either, but they do know there are a majority who do whether we like it or not. I mean we are addicts and with an addicts mind, they know that jumping off the bandwagon is going to happen from time. No we shouldnt abuse our suboxone....its a miracle drug for most of us, but it happens and doctors know it. Especially if they have access to the internet....but no you arent crazy, well maybe a lil if you are ANYTHING like me :\

so far 4-8mg a day is no different than 24. been 4d

so there's absolutely no point at all in going above eight if i'm seeking a nice feeling?

if i'm on 2mg a day, how much vicodin would be required to break through to get an equivalent feeling of a normal 40mg dose without the block?

I try to stick with between 4-8mg a day and then every other week or so, i bump up to about 16mg or more and get a "nice feeling". For me sticking below 8mg is maintaining a normal life ya know?

as for the vics....everyone is different with tolerances and their bodies and such, depending on what you normally take with the hydrocodone, you will definitely need more....you said 40mg...I would start w/50 and see how u feel, I've found that i had to double my regular opiate dose to feel it, but i dont recommend that to anyone else because i had an extremely high tolerance, i'm sure i'm not the only one but i cant recommend those doses to anyone w/out feeling like i'll kill them ya know? you just have to experiment to be sure. Have fun and be safe!

My doctor told me to take 8 /day even though I told him 2-4 holds me fine for the day. I'm going to go with the lower dose

My doctor told me to take 8 /day even though I told him 2-4 holds me fine for the day. I'm going to go with the lower dose

How are you doing with the lower dose? I've been having horrible cravings lately and am considering upping my dose again til they subside. but of course it's my fault blah. Hope you are doing good.:)

Qwe, the ceiling dose of bupe, depending on the source, can be as low as 8mg (maybe 12mg, I don't remember exactly)... it's probably around 12-16mg, and definitely not much higher than that. It varies between individuals, so it's really not surprising that you're not getting more effects from 24mg/ day... That is most likely way past your ceiling dose.

I talked with my psychiatrist about lowering my dosage the other day. She explained to me that the reason they prescribe higher dosages is that they found in research that high dosages of Buprenorphine help with cravings. She also explained to me that 2 mg will still hold most people, but that they are more likely to relapse.
I understood her and was glad she was upfront with me about this, but the problem I still have, is that my cravings really don't go away at all no matter what my dosage might be. I never expected a miracle out of this pill, and sometimes when I get that morning buzz, it's more then a tease then anything else.

^Maybe try methadone? I found it satisfies cravings much more so than bupe...

na, done methadone... although I was at such a high dosage. I wonder is methadone like bupe, in the less is more?

fuck off asshole its my opinion, docs know damn well of the ceiling level of suboxone but they RX more for someone daily, because ppl with no insurance will end up buying them all, or ppl w/ insurance help pharmacetical companies sell more of the medication, u retarded?