Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tofisopam(aka as Grandaxin)

malaparte

Greenlighter
I had the chance to try this out.It is a benzo-derivat.It was original hungararian pharmacy stuff(a box 20 pc/50mg).I had some 10 boxes in about
4 month.It is said that it relieves anxiety without too much relaxation,sometimes the literature even mentions slight stimulation.
I am the classical stim-lover,occasionaly I use Benzos,if I override or just to sleep.
To make a long story short,I never felt anything from them.I tried double or tripple the recommended dose,with food,without food etc.
The only time I felt some positive,was when to combat the PV-blues after a binge for some days.But there are much better things for this(i.e.Stablon).
Otherwise for me it was only placebo.
On the other hand,I am generally not the anxious type with the exception of having to much stims and being awake for many days.
So they might be useful for some.

Hi malaparte :)

Did you have a question? Starting new threads in BDD is normally for asking questions, or sometimes sharing something important to drug harm reduction, of which your post seems to be neither. Making a new thread here is not really for just sharing your experience with a drug and whether you thought its effects were good or not. If you want to do that, then Trip Reports is the best forum for that. Just make sure to read their guidelines before posting.

Tofisopam I want to try that benzo it is Hungarian stuff. It should work it has less cognitive impairment, basically none. It has mostly mental effects on Anxiety. I believe.

I hope I'm not inappropriately necrobumping here... But I also got my hands on some Bulgarian Grandaxin. And as a person with social anxiety, it is niiiiiiiiiiice :) Works about as well as clonazepam works for me! I say it's a hell of an anxiolytic (especially combined with 600mg of gabapentin, gave me a nice boost).

I got a few boxes of grandaxin almost a year ago now, from Bulgaria also. Personally I'm a fan of the more conventional 1,4-benzodiazepines. But I was in an experimental phase when I got them, trying to find decent anxiolytics. I got tofisopam to just give it a try as well as etifoxine, both were very easily obtained though they are not available in my country. I've read as much information that I could find on tofisopam, from every ncbi paper to the few threads that are out there on it. I don't find it all that recreational and it only relieves my anxiety a small amount. I know that it has dopamine agonist and antagonist effects. I know its also a pde10 inhibitor, which is therapeutic as an anti-psychotic. There's also literature saying 2,3-benzos in general (not tofisopam specifically, but it is a 2,3 benzo) have AMPA antagonist effects. I guess I'm more used to anxiolysis through tranquilization then with these types of more novel anti-anxiety meds. They are somewhat decent for mild social anxiety though ime, but I'd way rather have a classic benzo, even chlordiazepoxide. And if anyone was curious about etifoxine, its an alright potentiator but other then that its not that great but I'll save that for the appropriate thread.