Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tobacco Tea

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
I have been smoking regularly since about 4 months ago. Since then, my breathing has gone way down hill, I ache all the time, and since I have asthma, it really aggravates my asthma and makes it a lot worse. So I found a really helpful alternative that actually works surprisingly well. Tobacco Tea.....

Some might cringe at the thought of drinking Tobacco, and so was I the first time I tried it, but it actually has been my substitute for nicotine for the past couple weeks and is actually removing all my cravings while proving a lot of energy at the same time!

The first time I tried it I did this...

I boiled some water in a tea pot and used a dryer sheet (since I didn't have any coffee filters) to strain the Tobacco. I held it over my mug, while I poured the hot water directly on top of the Tobacco and waited for it to cool. I used 3 cigarettes worth of Tobacco for the first time.

Because of the high amount of Tobacco I used, this made my literally sick to my stomach for around an hour. This was obviously too much Tobacco to be ingested. So the next time I tried it I used only 1 cigarettes worth of Tobacco.

This was universes better! Around 5 minuets after I ingested the drink, I started to feel really stimulated, but not like I was on nicotine. It felt comparable to dextroamphetamine and it lasted for around 2 hours unlike a cigarette which usually lasts for around 15 minuets.

Since then I've been doing this every day, except I strain the tobacco with some coffee. This makes an excellent energy drink!

I also have upset stomach from this and really no negative side effects. The one thing I could call negative about this, is it leaves a sort of bitter after taste, and gives me cotton mouth.

I really can't think of anything else to add, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! :)

When you smoke a cigarette, most of the nicotine gets burned off so that your total dose is lower. When you make an infusion you're getting all of the nicotine in the brew, which is why your stomach is upset.

If you want to make tobacco tea I would recommend getting whole, loose tobacco. Cigarettes are processed with so many different chemical additives, who knows what you are actually drinking.

In my experience, tobacco as a plant is quite astringent, which is why you are getting cottonmouth. Astringents are not good for the digestive system long term and can cause ulcers.

Wow, OP, thanks for sharing this!

How is the taste of the coffee infused with tobacco compared to without? I don't know, I just keep getting flashes of cigarette butts floating in a drink after a party hehe.

I've had good experiences with tobacco tea, I'd generally use a third of a cigarette's worth per cup, mixed in with one black tea or another. I ended up stopping that and getting back full time on cigarettes, which are less enjoyable, but whatever.

Interesting. I may have to try that sometime. I think I will use pipe tobacco though.

Are there euphoric effects via the oral route?

hmm, this is very interesting! thanks for sharing. i wonder why this alrearnative has never been mentioned for smokers who wanna stop with the habit? is it really health demaging?

Awesome!! Gonna try this.
Word of warning, especially to non-smokers: Start low! A tobacco OD is pure hell in my experience and it can actually kill you (on the same day, not after decades of use).

Could take some dipping tobacco, using a small amount, and chase it using water to get a similar high? Or does boiling it to a tea make it different?

^The tea method might be more effective at extracting water soluble compounds within the tobacco, and should hit quicker than ingesting the plant material, but your method would probably be effective.

cr00k said:
Awesome!! Gonna try this.
Word of warning, especially to non-smokers: Start low! A tobacco OD is pure hell in my experience and it can actually kill you (on the same day, not after decades of use).

You're telling me. Back when I first started with cigars, with pretty much zero tobacco tolerance, smoking a full bodied one way quicker than I should...I got this a number of times. I remember throwing up in the restroom of the Barnes & Noble over in Georgetown once, then proceeding to just lie at a table for a couple hours until closing because I didn't feel up to walking back to my place. Hahaha.

Ew dryer sheet. Sure that tasted good.

Thats wwhat i was thinking, besides the fact that you are injesting some sort of parfume type chemical at th same time. Probably not good for you at all.

Thats wwhat i was thinking, besides the fact that you are injesting some sort of parfume type chemical at th same time. Probably not good for you at all.

Both of you are right in the fact that I probably did ingest a very small amount of the chemicals that are in a dryer sheet, however, it did NOT affect the taste of the tea whatsoever and because you only ingest a miniscule amount of the whatever the chemicals are, there's no effect on you physically

Both of you are right in the fact that I probably did ingest a very small amount of the chemicals that are in a dryer sheet, however, it did NOT affect the taste of the tea whatsoever and because you only ingest a miniscule amount of the whatever the chemicals are, there's no effect on you physically

Quite a last resort dryer sheets are; but anywho I've recently heard on the Joe Rogan Experience (best podcast ever might I add) that Dan Hardy had went to Peru for a traditional Ayahuasca ritual & for a detox which is needed beforehand they had them drink a Coffee, Tobacco & Sugar boiled tea which was boiled for x hours (I think they said 3, but don't quote me) anywho that is how I stumbled across this conversation, I was unable to find ANYTHING about a detox performed in the same manner, so I figured I would ask around, so has anyone heard of such a detox?

I will be trying this tomorrow morning also I will be using American Spirits.

Last edited:
ive heard of the importance that shamans give to tobacco in terms of the aya ritual

they smoke big tobacco leaf cigs or something while on dmt, honestly... coffee, tobacco and sugar sound like the opposite of a detox

ive heard of the importance that shamans give to tobacco in terms of the aya ritual

they smoke big tobacco leaf cigs or something while on dmt, honestly... coffee, tobacco and sugar sound like the opposite of a detox

My initial thought would be to agree totally, though there has to be some validity to this ritual. Listen to it, how he talks about how the ancient people's said "the plants told us to do it" ie. mixing two different parts of two different plants so that the body would accept the compounds instead of just irradication of the ingested material/liquid, like mixing rice & beans two incomplete proteins to make a complete protein, we knew how to do this how? Being perfectly in tune with our surroundings. Which we automatically write off to be bullshit because we have lost our wild roots.

The Joe Rogan Experience
#356 - Dan Hardy
Where to start the podcast: 1:12:30.

I highly recommend you guys listen to this podcast, Joe is a revolutionary of our time, let alone easily a genius.

As intriguing as this sounds i'm kind of worried about the chemical additives, I may consider trying it with loose native tobacco, despite the lower levels of nicotine as well.

Experimented some more, and cigarette tobacco works way better than pipe tobacco.

rotarypowered said:
I will be trying this tomorrow morning also I will be using American Spirits.

The expensive stuff, eh? Do report back, and be cautious.